Super Contributor
Sometimes I wish I were like Johnny Cash and just wore all black. Sometimes I look in my closet and feel I have lots of beautiful clothes but nothing to wear. How about you?
Respected Contributor

I finally have a wardrobe that I feel I can mix and match, but if I don't lay out my clothes every week for work, I will always choose comfortable. As for colors, my main color is purple. I have a lot of blue, black, pink, in there too but those are the primary colors for me.

Respected Contributor

DH sometimes says I look like I'm always going to a funeral. I do love black, but in reality not all that much. The only time I wore all black last month was to a funeral. Was even all red a couple Sundays ago, brown last Sunday.

Honored Contributor
I love and need to wear color - i am very fair -was a redhead- and now have white hair. So I need color. I buy ALL bottoms - skirts and pants in neutrals and then I can mix and match my tops in any color way I please. I mostly war pedal pushers and t shirts as I am retired. The bottoms are all, except one pair of brown and one pair of white, black or denim. Then I can wear any color t shirt I want. My dress pants are navy, black and grey, and khaki as are my skirts.It makes dressing very simple and it is actually hard to make a mistake.
Super Contributor

Sorry but wearing all black is just not me. I have to have color

in my life..red..green...neutral tan and khaki colors. Black

is just a last resort for me..and I don't wear black

when it's spring or summer.

Respected Contributor
I wear mostly black clothes. In the summer I wear white tops with my crops and skirts. I love color clothing but just don't wear it.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

Although I think a white top and a navy bottom are the perfect combo, I wear a lot of colored tops. I've even added some prints to my mix. I stopped wearing prints when Kathy Levine and Joan Rivers advised against them years ago, but now that I've lost weight, I wanted to change up my look a bit.

This summer, I'm going to limit my wardrobe to navy, white, coral, and emerald green. I have both coral and green tops from llbean that I love (100% pima cotton). Now that I've ordered my spring coat, the only thing on my list for spring/summer is a scarf that combines all four colors.

Regular Contributor

I think that is the problem with Black. It really doesn't go with everything. I think many put it in the wardrobe as a neutral but it doesn't look right with many shades...If black is the neutral in your closet it makes it hard to just pull on a coordinating colored top with it. Unless you like plaids stripes and prints with black in them it can really limit pulling outfits together.

I think lots of us get much better milage with a Khaki or winter white neutral...even a deep aubergine or wine looks great with pastels. I like Navy with greens and yellows instead of black.

Honored Contributor

I love to wear color on top. Most of my bottoms are solid neutrals so I can make a ton of outfits by pairing them with my colorful tops. I have a few black tops, but I don't wear them very often. I wear white tops frequently in the summer with printed skirts. Btw I am fair with dark blond highlighted hair and blue eyes.