Respected Contributor

OT: Arlington, Tx hiking/shopping?

Does anyone have a favorite or special place to hike or shop in Arlington? I'm going to have to entertain myself all day while DH has business meetings. It looks like weather will be pretty chilly but that likely wouldn't stop me from going hiking somewhere close. I suppose I will end up at a mall ha ha and 'reward' myself for each mile done. Just thought I would try you all and see if anyone has experience in that area - I've found 3 malls on Google so far.

Respected Contributor

Re: OT: Arlington, Tx hiking/shopping?

Take a cab to North Park-Dallas or Galleria-Dallas

Respected Contributor

Thanks granddi! I've been to both of those - and will be driving. I really want to go hiking, just found a Legacy Park online that looks really nice.

Honored Contributor

Hiking per se is not real big in Central Texas.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 2/3/2014 kachina624 said: Hiking per se is not real big in Central Texas.

Nope. No walking, no hiking. No scenery. Flat.

But you can't really imagine how spread out everything is until you get there. Texas is for cars.

Not applicable

You never know about the weather here in the DFW area. one day it could be 70 then the next 30. I've heard the Katy Trail is a fun place to go walking but just to give you heads up, we have ALOT of road construction going on most major highways. A fun place to go shopping is downtown Grapevine or downtown Ft Worth ... they both have unique shops. I'm not for sure if Ft Worth does a cattle drive still but if they do, that is something you don't see every day! Hope this helps to give you some good ideas .... Enjoy your trip!
Frequent Contributor

If you can, go to what we lovingly refer to as "Dirty Dillards"-it is in the old Six Flags Mall off 360-was ther Sat and they were having an extra 50% off the already mared 65% off-you have to really dig to find things but the bargains are great! Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

Go to NorthPark Mall, have a lovely day and be safe! Take a cab and eat lunch at the cafe at Nordies! You can hike at home!

Respected Contributor

On 2/3/2014 ennui1 said:
On 2/3/2014 kachina624 said: Hiking per se is not real big in Central Texas.

Nope. No walking, no hiking. No scenery. Flat.

But you can't really imagine how spread out everything is until you get there. Texas is for cars.

I'm very suprised to read both of these posts. Central Texas is home to the Hill country (although I realize Arlington is flat), and I can assure you not flat and hiking is pretty popular!!! Please don't judge Texas on one area you visited!

Respected Contributor

On 2/3/2014 tiara1 said:

If you can, go to what we lovingly refer to as "Dirty Dillards"-it is in the old Six Flags Mall off 360-was ther Sat and they were having an extra 50% off the already mared 65% off-you have to really dig to find things but the bargains are great! Happy shopping!

Thank you tiara! I always wanted to go to that mall but we always went to Six Flags when we visited.