Esteemed Contributor

THE MAXI DRESS - SUMMER 2014

So, are maxi dresses still trending for summer 2014? What are your thoughts?

I only own two maxi dresses and have decided that I am going to bring one to the tailor to have it cut off tunic length and wear it with skinny ankle pants and a low slung hip belt.

Will you be sporting maxi dresses this summer?

Honored Contributor

Re: THE MAXI DRESS - SUMMER 2014

No. They just aren't practical for my lifestyle and I'm really too short to wear them. I look like a stump in them.

As an aside, I bought what was an adorable cheap dress from Walmart in the summer of 2012. I wore it, washed it and it shrunk in length and width and no longer fit me nor was I comfortable with the length. I took it to my tailor and she cut it and made it into a top for me and I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me, too hot! I like my items short!!

Super Contributor

I love them for variety. Great when you want to throw one on, slip into some cute sandals and go. I don't like the super wide variety (as the look like nighties sometimes) and am picky about fabrics. Always seem to get compliments when I wear them. Not for work but great for weekend, casual, vacation wear.
Honored Contributor

They are not comfortable and don't really fit my lifestyle. I found them to be really hot and uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I will, bought a beautiful sleeveless maxi dress from Soft Surroundings at the end of the season in a teal/aqua green color and cannot wait to wear it in the summer.

I see its in the Outlet section now over there.

Delphine Dress

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Good afternoon, magic!

I will be wearing my knit maxi skirt from LOFT this summer. It's black with white horizontal stripes. I wore it several times last year and found it to be comfortable. I usually pair it with a short-sleeve black or rose pink faux-wrap top from Talbots.

I will also be wearing the black knit maxi dress I bought from Anthropologie last year. It was a good dress to wear to summer musicals, theater and concerts. I have a great black/brown/olive zebra-stripe oversized sheer wrap to wear with it.

Super Contributor

I'm there, love them. Been wearing some version of them for years, trendy or not. Like black velvet ones for winter and all kinds for summer, but the style does have to be right for your figure, I just can't wear any one. For me, they have to be more on the narrow side, can't wear a voluminous one. I'm snatching up what I can while they're around, ha, ha. I like lightweight jersey ones, don't look good in full, baggy cotton ones. I have a simple black one I've worn to death as a patio/hostess dress or more dressy occasions. Works for all.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/29/2014 maddiecat said:

Good afternoon, magic!

I will be wearing my knit maxi skirt from LOFT this summer. It's black with white horizontal stripes. I wore it several times last year and found it to be comfortable. I usually pair it with a short-sleeve black or rose pink faux-wrap top from Talbots.

I will also be wearing the black knit maxi dress I bought from Anthropologie last year. It was a good dress to wear to summer musicals, theater and concerts. I have a great black/brown/olive zebra-stripe oversized sheer wrap to wear with it.

Hi maddie!

I must say I am more comfortable in a maxi skirt and it makes for such easy dressing. Pair it with a cute little t-shirt and thongs to go to the grocery store or a silk tank and espadrilles for a dressier occasion. So easy!

Honored Contributor

i will be wearing mine.....i have quite a collection over the past few years. love the way they fit and fill. love the way you can dress them up and wear them casually. i can wear them to work, to run errands, during vacations, out to dinner, picnics, and parties. they are very versatile for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein