Super Contributor

Why I turn off the TV and shop QVC.com

I hardly ever watch Q on TV now for many reasons. I used to love watching; the ideas, the modeling, it was fun. That was 10 yrs ago. Yesterday I turned on TV live on my computer to kill some time (I am fighting a cold). This is what I encountered:

Now I got to say: these colors are stinkin cute..

Soooo cute

(singing) Fabulous!

And I like love this!

This reminds me of an island, maybe Kokomo with these colors, sooo cute.

Like soooo cute

And I love the colors

Me, too, I like love them

(singing) Beautiful!

And so forth, more of the same.......................................

Ladies, I know you dont all agree on this, but I couldnt take it after about 20 min. I wonder who is behind this kind of programming and is it working for them? I know things do not sell out like they did when I tuned in 10 years ago. Thank you for letting me share.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Why I turn off the TV and shop QVC.com

I totally agree with you. I understand that they do not want any ""dead air"" however at least give us some information that is useful. I certainly don't want to hear how you can ""dress it up"" or ""dress it down"" I want measurements!!! I want to know what it is made of!! Oh and I would like to know the colors before they go into a 2 minute quack fest.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2014 icuryy said:

I totally agree with you. I understand that they do not want any ""dead air"" however at least give us some information that is useful. I certainly don't want to hear how you can ""dress it up"" or ""dress it down"" I want measurements!!! I want to know what it is made of!! Oh and I would like to know the colors before they go into a 2 minute quack fest.

I ""like"" so agree!

Honored Contributor

If they have this much fillable air space, they might try giving us measurements and fabric content. Also, is this item woven or knit? Sometimes its not totally obvious, especially with those polyester blends.

Honored Contributor

Blame the Wal Mart CEO who took over for the way things are run here now. She is responsible for a lot of the 'cheapening' of things here be it fashion lines (So long Bradley Bayou, hello K sisters [or celebrity du jour]) or the way the hosts are supposed to speak on TV.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

On 1/21/2014 depglass said:

If they have this much fillable air space, they might try giving us measurements and fabric content. Also, is this item woven or knit? Sometimes its not totally obvious, especially with those polyester blends.

How about presenting more than 5 things a hour. I really can handle it! Would love to see more things so I can shop! There's an idea!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2014 icuryy said:

I so agree! I want all the particulars before they start the filler chatter.

Their poll question of ""Why do you watch?"" should have been ""Why don't you watch?"" with a comments option.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Blame the Wal Mart CEO who took over for the way things are run here now. She is responsible for a lot of the 'cheapening' of things here be it fashion lines (So long Bradley Bayou, hello K sisters [or celebrity du jour]) or the way the hosts are supposed to speak on TV.

If I wanted Walmart quality I would shop Walmart. She's fired, LOL.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

I think that Bradley Bayou is gone because the cost of leather has gone up so much. Notice all the "faux leather" jackets and shoes.

Yes, the celebrity du jour lines come and go. I will be glad when the K line is gone for good.

The singing and squealing hosts are a pet peeve of mine. The talking down to us like children and giddy exuberance (fake) are insulting "Wow!". The staring and grinning at themselves (while the vendor is explaining the product) in the camera is another thing.

Gone are the days when the host used to study their products before the show and used the vendor to demonstrate the product well. The quiet, intelligent descriptions and approach to sales ended with Kathy Levine, Lisa Mason, Steve Bryant, Marybeth Roe, et al. Now, the hosts feel they are most important thing and the presentations are their shows and they are the star. Now, it's "I bought this product in 5 colors; I have 4 of these at home", etc. I get tired of hearing about their families accomplishments.

Welcome to the new QVC........

Esteemed Contributor

I also have stopped watching the presentations and shop from the website more often. I will just click through some of the shows, but then go to website. I don't want to see an entertainment show - no singing, kicking, tap dancing, stripper dancing, corny jokes, silly made up words and family life stories. I don't consider the Q hosts to be my best friends anymore than I would consider the sales people at Dillards/Target/Wal Mart to be my best friends. I just want the hosts to sell me the product. Give me the info I need to make an informed decision on buying!