Trusted Contributor

Does anyone else miss gaucho pants?

I really liked the look of gaucho pants, especially in a good knit. They had a nice swing and sass to them.

I remember once seeing a 60ish woman in a pair of red knit gauchos, black tee and a little strappy flat sandal and she was stopping traffic.

The style was very short-lived. I wish it had achieved classic status.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss gaucho pants?

I had some denim gaucho's and loved 'em.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I'm not so much for gauchos. I'm 5'1" and they do nothing for me. But, I'm glad you like them. I don't see them anywhere in fashion this season. But, you know they'll be back with some sort of new twist. Keep looking.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved them too, never forget I had a great pair of light gray ones that I wore with black boots, that was a great outfit.
Respected Contributor

I don't miss them. I had some but didn't realize how bad they looked on me until I went through some old pictures the other day.

Trusted Contributor

No way!
Honored Contributor

On 1/18/2014 Retired08 said:

I don't miss them. I had some but didn't realize how bad they looked on me until I went through some old pictures the other day.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yup, the old pictures did it for me. I thought I looked pretty good back then. I had a camel wool pair I wore with brown boots and a rust colored sweater. I guess because it was the style I didn't look twice, and I was always complimented. Holy Cow, when I see the pictures full length I am embarrassed! But we all thought we looked good. Just like those Dynasty sized shoulder pads, the dark blue eye shadow, and that big big hair all wild. Personally, I think the late 70's and 1980's had the worst style of all.

Super Contributor

Funny you should mention that and pardon me if it's already been said, but Antthony said on HSN that they're all over Paris. I have seen them showing up again then I remembered that oddly enough, they actually used to look good on my figure. Accented small waist, covered full thighs and ended at nice calves. I might buy a pair again, ha, ha.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/18/2014 cyndog said: Funny you should mention that and pardon me if it's already been said, but Antthony said on HSN that they're all over Paris. I have seen them showing up again then I remembered that oddly enough, they actually used to look good on my figure. Accented small waist, covered full thighs and ended at nice calves. I might buy a pair again, ha, ha.

Hi cyndog, I saw Antthony last night where he talked about the gauchos. This is just an aside, but did you think he seemed really subdued? I know he's calmed down over the years but this visit he seemed so different. I always like Antthony, just wondering if this is something new, I don't watch often.

Respected Contributor

I don't miss gauchos. They looked awful on me in the 80s and would probably look worse on me now. I do like straight leg crop pants though.