Respected Contributor

It doesn't cost $7 to pack and ship a liquid knit top. QVC we are not idiots!

I just cannot get over the shipping on these lightweight tops. Such a joke and really keep me from buying! Enough is enough! Had to vent. Sheesh!

Super Contributor

Re: It doesn't cost $7 to pack and ship a liquid knit top. QVC we are not idiots!

I agree but it's becoming normal for most shopping sites. I search for free shipping offers or less than 7.00 offers.

Valued Contributor

Re: It doesn't cost $7 to pack and ship a liquid knit top. QVC we are not idiots!

I wish QVC would come up with their own Prime shipping like Amazon. I would GLADLY pay $79 a year for free 2-day shipping.

Respected Contributor

Imagine how I feel. Alaska and Hawaii are classified as non-priority off shore shipping. We are charged almost double in s&h shown. Thank goodness there is no state tax.

Trusted Contributor

The $7 they charge for shipping doesn't just cover the postman........they have to pay for someone to box up the item and the actual box/container.

Or should I say, you have to pay for that.

Super Contributor

The only way that QVC will listen is through sales figures. This Christmas, QVC received none of my Christmas shopping dollars. I bought the tarte TSV as a present to myself and that was it. People must be buying and paying the QVC's exorbitant S&H costs or they wouldn't be charging it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/10/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

The $7 they charge for shipping doesn't just cover the postman........they have to pay for someone to box up the item and the actual box/container.

Or should I say, you have to pay for that.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} ITA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

As someone who has to send packages out of state regularly, I have to say that is not an unreasonable price for packing, boxing and shipping.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Sell a few things on eBay and you will be amazed how much it costs to ship something, even if it's light. The size of the box matters, too.

Plus, I don't have to pay for a warehouse, an employee to package it up, plus benefits, plus the machinery to package it up and print the label or the box (I reuse boxes and envelopes as much as possible from things I buy).

Have you prices boxes and envelopes? They are not cheap, even the cheap ones.

Yes, QVC buys in bulk and gets a discount, but really, it's not cheap to ship.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

We own a business and even with good rates from UPS which is based on volume of packages shipped they charge $5.00 extra for shipping to a residential area. So $7.00 is not an unreasonable amount for QVC to charge.