Super Contributor

Clearance prices? - what a laugh!

So they knock off $6. on a Susan Graver top and call it a clearance price? Ridiculous. Clearance price to me is 50% off. Do I expect too much?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Clearance prices? - what a laugh!

Once I saw an item on clearance, 50 cents off and they increased shipping, so it was really more, I agree, most clearance prices are a big joke. They should learn from other shopping channels who do know a clearance price

Super Contributor

Yep, everybody knows their clearance prices are the goofiest ever. Reducing something for 3.22 is not clearance. I've gotten a lot of things from HSN that are $15 marked down from $50. I've watched things on QVC for a year and there was never a markdown at all. Once in a very great while, you'll see something on half price.
Super Contributor

Yep that's QVC's clearance pricing for you! It's laughable. I'm not sure why they bother. It's a bit ridiculous.

Super Contributor

I was watching the Liz clearance that I DVRed last night! It was ridiculous. $39.00 for a pair of clearance pants & then 6.22 to ship-give us a break QVC! As I said before I wonder what the oldest clothing items are that are still sitting in the warehouse?

Respected Contributor

HSN really knows how to use a clearance price. Quite often they reduce the shipping, too.

Super Contributor

Having my eyes on this from HSN, which is more than 50% off, plus free S&H. I think the original price was around $149, now at $49.95.... I would use this a lot.... still thinking about it:

Aroma 3-in-1 Grillet

Super Contributor

Yes, HSN really does mark down. I bought a $40 D&L candle for $9, $42 Forsaken Body Cream for $9, they were gifts and I got a pair of Halloween flameless candles for me that were $6 from $15. Last I checked the candles were marked down to $3.
Trusted Contributor

HSN understands what a ""clearance"" sale is. Most brick and mortar stores and online sellers know. QVC has no clue whatsoever. Another reason I don't waste my money here.

Honored Contributor

I'm still expecting the punchline.