Respected Contributor

O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

Browsing the news from channel to channel, I noticed that almost all the women newscasters are wearing sleeves dresses in freezing winter. One host said the temps also have to be very cold in the studios due to the camera equipment. I don't get it!! Is it vanity or some kind of trend starting??? What happened to dresses with sleeves or sweaters in the winter?

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

I am so glad you started this thread O/P .. I wonder what they are going to wear in the spring and summer TURTLENECKS!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

I always,think the same thing! Short sleeves and short skirts with bare legs brrrr! I think it's a fashion thing but I would want to have warmer clothes on.
Frequent Contributor

I always,think the same thing! Short sleeves and short skirts with bare legs brrrr! I think it's a fashion thing but I would want to have warmer clothes on.
Respected Contributor

I have also noticed this, and on QVC as well.

It does seem strange to me.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

They want to show off toned arms.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

My interpretation of this phenomenon has been that there is a new-found emphasis on toned upper arms. That feature is one of the First Lady's strong points, and I think that her focus on attractive upper arms might have brought this about. Just a conjecture from my mind that does not always get it right. Many celebs have been celebrating their upper arms, too. Me? I like an attractive but softly feminine upper arm. Trying to keep them thin has also led to a masculine-looking upper arm.

Esteemed Contributor

Ha ha, this morning I saw a Canadian news report where the weather lady was wearing a black sleeveless top, the anchorman was wearing a suit and tie, and they were both talking about the cold weather back east due to the polar vortex. Yeah sure, OK, it's the middle of winter and I'm pretty sure that the weather outside the news studio is sub-freezing so the weather lady looks ridiculous wearing a sleeveless top.

Super Contributor

I have noticed over years Kelly Ripa wears a lot of sleeveless tops/dresses... she has some really nice toned arms. If my arms looked that good.. lol... I would go sleeveless, too!

moongirl

Respected Contributor

IMHO they are dressed in sleeveless, short dresses to impress the male audience they hope is watching. They sit there with 2/3 of their thighs exposed - looks like their legs would go into major cramps after sitting with their legs so tightly crossed. I know they have sprayed on tans, but still their bare legs don't always look that good.

They look totally silly in these clearly summer outfits.