Contributor

Goodwill rocks!! My jeans story ends happily? Does yours??

I went into Goodwill to look for a household item. To my surprise, they had an awesome selection of jeans. I bought a great pair of Levi's and a cute pair of Gap boot cuts for the ridiculous price of 4.99 each. Yes...they have dressing rooms so you can make sure it fits. I am never going to bit retail again....just keep your eyes open and your mind open to these gently "pre owned" things. You may be pleasantly surprised like I am!
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodwill rocks!! My jeans story ends happily? Does yours??

Before I retired, I found 2 really cute blazers from Goodwill. I went there to drop off items and to look for a bookshelf for my son and glanced at the clothes. I was surprised as well. I can't rationalize spending a lot of money..good for you for smart shopping

Contributor

I meant ""buy"" not bit retail again. I am a 54 year old one index finger keyboarder...my grown kids think this is hilarious....and I occasionally make typos...sorry!
Honored Contributor

I know two women who shop for clothes exclusively at thrift stores. They are both petite and find all sorts of cute stuff. Me, a lX, finds only used scrubs and old lady stuff.

Frequent Contributor

You can find some awesome deals at Thrift stores for sure!

Valued Contributor

I have been downsizing and cleaned out my closet before Christmas. I took some very good clothes to Goodwill. I am hoping someone is getting some real good bargains.

Honored Contributor

I have been shopping at the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for years; the coffee table and end table and small apothecary chest in my family room came from the Salvation Army store; the lamps from Goodwill and most of the oil paintings in my home are from Goodwill...I do buy clothing there but not very often.....most of what I buy is brand new.

Honored Contributor

I spent 20 years working in thrift store retail and production management, and I practically furnished a whole house, kitchen, linen closet, and clothes closet second hand. I dressed my son until he was in middle school almost exclusively from there as well. He had the best baby and toddler clothing, and when I resold them, they looked like they were still new.

I can't pass a thrift store without stopping and looking. I so don't need a thing, but I still have to check them out!

Super Contributor

WOW!!! 4.99?! I'm such a jeans freak, this is something I need to seriously start doing! I also hear that sometimes going to thrift stores in "better areas" means (how do I say this delicately) kind of better clothing, is this true?

Trusted Contributor

I am such an addicted Goodwill adventurer! Once you discover the kind of quality deals you can get at thrift stores and the amount of fun you can have treasure hunting, shopping in "regular" stores totally loses its appeal. It takes some time and patience, but I have picked up some fantastic pieces in thrift stores, including many otherwise pricey designer things new with tags. I shop there often.

Glad you've joined our ranks!