Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!!

Good morning ladies!! It is 14° in the Hill Country this morning so I can only imagine what frigid sub-human temps are going on your way. I hope all are safe and warm!

DD's plane was delayed and she was only able to catch the next plane because of mechanical issues. Then they deboarded again and had to wait for another plane. I woke at 1:30 and picked up her room (lol) and was waiting for them when they walked in a little after 3. We talked for over an hour and at 4:20 I said "oh my! I must go back to bed"!! (Older DD picked her up so was visiting with her too). I don't feel worn out from little sleep so that is good. However, I did find some extra long/tall camis discounted at Old Navy and ordered.

So I am up to 3 orders - new dress, Laura Geller makeup (was debating on ordering more but it was back to full price, not half price anymore. Thank goodness), and Old Navy cami's.

What is everyone up to?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!!

Kathleen--Thank you for starting the thread. It certainly is a nippy time for nearly everyone to one degree or the other. Those plane changes can be tricky. They always put you on the next available flight with an open seat so sometimes the wait can be very long. I know you are happy that DD is home. Enjoy your orders.

When I awakened, it was a negative 6 with a windchill of a negative 27. I understand that the official for my town was a negative 7. One of the ski resorts in the mountains had a wind chill of 40 below. I didn't have any problems but some here have lost power and, of course, have frozen water despite using the drip method, etc.

I just transferred money from checking to savings online. All my deposits go to my checking account and then I transfer from there the amount I want and when. I am also going through a bunch of medical and legal papers and organizing them in the binder. I'm also shredding papers where necessary.

There were some Denim & Co. tops that were a one time special the other day. I have a couple on check status. I will be watching the D&Co. show today as it is a clearance show to see what is offered.

My official purchase of the month from Amazon is on its way. I didn't make it through a week without purchasing something from Amazon. It is a great DVD collection that was one of its special offerings. Today, I will make a decision on the D&Co. on check status. They are tops that are elbow length and are longer in back than in the front with split hem.

I have no need for the TSV. I will not be buying any more cosmetics, or lotions and potions, etc. until I'm on the last container.

Have a great day, everyone!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Good morning, -3 degrees here! Brrrr

Kona I love those elbow length tops, I like alot of Denim and Co. I have an elbow length sleeve top from Jjill and wear it alot in the summer. I will have watch the D&C show today, I did not realize that it was all clearance.

Kathleen, what a night ! I would be so sleepy.

Not much going on here it is too cold.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--I had not tried the elbow length sleeve until I bought one last year. It is a great option for summer. I also like 3/4 length sleeves as I have short arms. Often the long sleeves come down over my hand and are sometimes even fingertip. I like displaying any watches or bracelets so that makes the 3/4 length and elbow length a great option. I do not wear sleeveless as the armholes are often too big on me if bought to fit the bust size. I'm narrow in the shoulders so my shoulders do not take up some of the materials.

I am having a field day going through things. I have no idea what generated this sudden burst of eagerness to work around the house, but as the saying goes, "strike while the iron is hot."

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Contributor

Hello, everyone, and brrrr! 1 degree F here this morning. My tax classes have been cancelled the last two days and I only hope we make them up. That may be difficult considering everyone's schedules. My rib is improving slowly, once I stopped pretending I could still move and lift like normal! I was getting worse day by day until DH put his foot down and told me to stop bending, reaching, etc. I cannot sleep on my side, and I'm a side sleeper, so that's the hardest part at night. I expect I'll be fine in 6 weeks or so.
Contributor

Rosa, the wedding pictures were beautiful! Thanks for letting us take a peek. Jean, we now must pay sales tax on Amazon purchases (as of Jan. 1), which is a 9.25% increase for me. It has definitely made me think twice about purchases. My subscribe and save dog food is still cheaper than the local groceries, however! Kathleen, glad DD arrived home safely. I also like Laura Geller's makeup, especially her Bronze N Brighten, which is a goto for me.
Contributor

Good morning ladies...it sure is cold this morning. I drive my moms car to bring Sydney to school in the morning and thank goodness I went out very early this morning because the doorrs were frozen shut. I used WD40 and was able to finally get the drivers door open and start the vehicle and one back door. I had told Sydney she would have to sit in the back but after letting the car warm up for awhile I was able to get the passenger door open. Good thing I went out nice and early.

Nothing much on tap here today..I did get in over 12,000 steps yesterday and plan on doing the same today. I have it synced with my phone and I keep checking it...it's pretty cool. I have to stop at the grocery store to pick up something for dinner and some fresh food for Oreo.

I am ready for Kendall to go back to school...anyone remember me saying how much I missed her??? lol!! I need to bring her to the train station on Friday so that she can go to her roomates house in CT and from there they will go to NJ to visit one of their friends that graduated. She will take the bus home on Sunday and we will pick her up then...I feel like my I spend my life worrying about her and losing sleep. She did get all A's this semester and made Deans list again.

Kathleen, good for you on talking to the girls this morning. I am a beast if I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep. We babysat my nephew on New Years Eve and I was so not prepared to wake up every 3 hours...ugh!! I'm sure she had a good trip. When does she begin classes again?

Jean, enjoy the DVD set. I'm trying to watch the Q less and less. I did put a top from PMS on my Wish List...maybe it will be an incentive for the end of the month if I lose some weight.

Val, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Karen, prayers are going your way...hope all is ok!!!

Have a great day ladies!!! Stay warm!!!

Valued Contributor

hello to everyone. so cold here.

Esteemed Contributor

Val--We also are now paying tax on Amazon purchases. I still look at the total cost when all is added in as well as the convenience of the free 2 day delivery on Prime items. Glad the rib is doing better. It is so easy to forget an injury when involved in various activities. I'm the same with my right arm and shoulder, which I will have an MRI done on Friday if weather permits.

Nancy--I coat all latches with WD-40 in Winter as well as the seal around the doors to repel any water. For frozen locks, I got something at Walmart. You simply insert it into the lock and then squeeze and wait; it has some type of heating action. I know you are very proud of Kendall and her achievements in college.

So far, I haven't hit the submit button on anything offered on the Denim & Co. show. I'm off to heat a can of Progresso Light soup in the Sistema soup mug. I heat a variety of things in that mug, but then the microwave and I are best friends.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had lunch so now it is time to cuddle with Midnight and finish a novel on my Kindle. Afterwards, I'll return to the task. It has now warmed up to 5 degrees as of 1pm.