New Contributor

Was wondering if anyone else falls outside the standard "misses" and "plus" sized clothes. I am either a Misses 18 or 16W. Misses 16 is too small and 1X (18-20) is too big. Consequently, I can't buy any pants, capris or shorts from QVC. I would love to see some pants and/or capris is that extended size, even on a limited basis.

Honored Contributor

Re: Additional Size Category

I would guess that the Q feels they already offer sufficient sizes to cater to their buying audience, since they offer both an XL and an 1X. It's best to go with the "click here" measurements to see what might work for your proportions or stick to the numeric sizes for a proper fit.

Regular Contributor

I am this size.I would think a large or xl would fit.Have you tried any?

New Contributor

I understand that QVC offers sizes that fit most people, but in the mall department stores they do carry Misses 18 or Womens 16W. I would think that QVC would carry the same range of sizes as those stores. Yes, I have tried to buy in the past and while I can get away with XL for the top, the pants/capris/shorts are too big in the leg and hip area. I've always had a problem with the hyphenated sizes; I never understood how someone could be size 16/18. You're either 16 or 18, right? In jewelry, they sell size 4 or size 12 rings on a limited basis to appeal to those few people who need those sizes. It just seems to me they could do the same with fashion.

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed that in most of the Q's fashions over the past couple of years, the XL and 1X have the same measurements. There used to be a very large gap between L and 1X, so we lobbied hard to have them carry size XL. Then, when the fashion styles became "tighter fit", the XL and 1X measurements are now the same! Sometimes, the 1X is even 1/2 to 1 inch SMALLER in the chest measurement than the size XL!! Very annoying!

That is why I MUST see the garment measurement before I can order anything as I simply cannot go just by size. And, many times I simply do not fit into the measurement range of the garment at all and can't order it in any size because their measurements do not work for me.

Valued Contributor

It seems to me that a couple of years ago QVC added XXS and that meant adjustments to all the sizes. I could be wrong but it seems to me that I had to start paying more attention to the sizing after that. Now I have to see the click here measurements because I am a pear shape so depending on the cut I could wear the large or XL on top and an XL or 1X on bottom (and depending on the generosity of the cut rarely can wear a large on bottom). The difference between the large and xlarge can be 4 inches so sometimes I can't wear either. The large will be slightly too snug for my comfort and the xlarge will be too big and make me look sloppy. The xlarge and 1X are, indeed, very close in size, sometimes within a half an inch of each other. But I notice it seems to be cut for a slightly curvier figure with slightly smaller waist, bigger hips, bigger bust. I sometimes opt for an 1X in pants or skirts because of that.