Back-in-Stock Fashions
22 Members and 13021 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Catherine Malandrino Kohls Review (and you can buy it all online today, 9/24)

Started 1380021533.763 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1380301098.427 by sunshine45

So I ordered a few pieces of this collaboration last week and it arrived yesterday.

I bought the faux leather jacket and the ponte slim pants.

Jacket: I'm always on the hunt for a nice faux leather jacket. I have several including a few from ZARA and from the Clinton Kelly line here on the Q. The one from Kohls is near the top of the heap in terms of styling and the fabric is very good. Faux leather can feel like an inner tube and reek of chemicals but Kohl's did a great job here of creating a material that's is soft, supple, and does feel like leather. The jacket has side panels of knitted material which makes the garment more forgiving and easier to were over the course of a long day. Sizing is generous-I ordered a size medium and could have sized down to a small. For the price (with sales, coupon, etc) it's comparable to what we've seen here at the Q, but the styling is just this much better. Of all the faux leather I've tried, I would still choose ZARA, but this is a close second.

Ponte Pants: Love them. The leg opening is similar to a skinny jean (15-in) so if that's not your favorite look, this might not be for you. The idea is that it look like a pant, not a legging, so be honest about your size and don't be afraid, as I did, to order up. Not all ponte is pleasing, but this one is soft, has some heft (hides the saddlebags), and is not shiny at all. Highly recommended.

Having been so disappointed by the Derek Lam collaboration with Kohls, I wasn't holding out much hope here. Happy to say, I am pleased.

I will be ordering a few more pieces.

ETA: if you order on the 27th use SAVING30 for 30% off.

Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Page 1 of 1
winamac11380022192.2731076 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

Thanks for your review. I'm interested in several pieces. Enjoy your pants and jacket!

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

gardensla1380022751.4919537 PostsRegistered 9/7/2006Los Angeles, CA

As you know, on the day the thing go on sale, they'll knock off 20% and then you can take off another 30%. I would wait for Friday!

Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

sunshine451380032544.44342081 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

thanks gardensla.....i wonder if they are bringing it to every store on friday? if i wait until the 27th to order it online i am worried that a lot of it will be gone. sometimes these collections fly out the door and some head to ebay quickly at higher prices.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

gardensla1380033431.8719537 PostsRegistered 9/7/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 9/24/2013 sunshine45 said:

thanks gardensla.....i wonder if they are bringing it to every store on friday? if i wait until the 27th to order it online i am worried that a lot of it will be gone. sometimes these collections fly out the door and some head to ebay quickly at higher prices.

That seems to be worse at Target and sometime H&M than Kohl's which seems to bring in much more quantity. If you really, really want something, you could order it now (use CLEARANCE20 for 20% off) and on Friday, if its still available place a second order for the anticipated discounted price plus 30% code and simply return the first one. It would be extra work, but you'd know you had what you wanted.

Always a way to game the system, I guess!

Oh, from what I read, yes, to every store but many pieces are online only. by the way, if you go to the store and order at the kiosk (and you can use your 30% code on Friday at the Kiosk), shipping is free.

Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

sunshine451380034103.9442081 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

thanks for the tips gardensla....yes, while i was browsing the collection again i noticed that some were online only items. glad that the pieces you ordered worked out for you! Smile{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

i have 80.00 in old expired kohls cash to use in store also!

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

naturalfan1380041585.144277 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009

I ordered the jacket too and based on your comments, Gardensla, I ordered the small. I first thought about the medium thinking I might be wearing heavier sweaters and things underneath but I am hoping the small will be good. Also ordered one of the blouses. I really like what I have seen from this line - very cute things. I will probably go to Kohls on Friday and check out the skirts and slacks. I can order tops on line fairly easily but depending how a skirt of pants are cut, size could vary.

Suzzeee1380044309.3332398 PostsRegistered 6/15/2007West Coast

I stopped in at my store on Sat hoping the collection was out early -- I love some of these pieces -- wish there was a skirt that was a wee bit longer tho;) I'm going to order a couple of pieces - thanks for the codes!!

annakate1380044606.32539 PostsRegistered 8/1/2005
Thanks for the review! I may try the pants although I kind of wish they had put the faux lather trim down the sides and and made it a tuxedo pant instead of on the pockets where no one will see it. I like the design of all of the sweaters but the fabrication doesn't work for me. Love the graphic tees but think they are probably too young for me.

Suzzeee1380044692.2172398 PostsRegistered 6/15/2007West Coast

I was bummed about the sweater fabrication too! I'm highly allergic to wool so was hoping for some nice non-wool options but nada.....

ninjasmom1380048589.283496 PostsRegistered 3/25/2011Mt Clemens Michigan

If you order today use just4you.20 percent off.you can get a price adjustment if it gets marked down within 14 days.

I ordered several pieces and am happy with everything except the patent coat.I think it looks like a black trash bag (lol)

winamac11380056600.23731076 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 9/24/2013 ninjasmom said:

If you order today use just4you.20 percent off.you can get a price adjustment if it gets marked down within 14 days.

I ordered several pieces and am happy with everything except the patent coat.I think it looks like a black trash bag (lol)

I was concerned about the coat looking too "plasticky". I am interested in the Eiffel Tower sweater and a few other pieces. I hope the pieces I want don't sell out before I can use my 30%, but I may buy and then return for price adjustment. Kohls is really good about that.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Mustangshar1380078120.4637918 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs
Thx gardensla. I love the look of the jacket and really need something for rainy weather...will use the code or go there after work Friday.

Sharon :)
WNYgal said The Shame Sisters, otherwise known as Linea Anonymous.

Feline Fine1380079026.374146 PostsRegistered 6/28/2013Eccentriccatladyville, USA

Thanks for the info., Garden, & I can add to the Kohl's faux leather RAVE via this poly-rayon (it actually breathes a little!) jacket that I recently got online, in the deep rich plum:

SONOMA life + style Faux-Leather Motorcycle Jacket

Browse_color_option

• Cognac
  • Plum Escape

Sale $46.99

Original $68.00

Browse_color_option

Last edited on 9/24/2013

Last edited on 9/24/2013

*The key to lifelong YOUTHfulness* :
*Be CURIOUS
*Love to LEARN
*Keep up & grow w/ the CHANGING times

sunshine451380301098.42742081 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

ordered six pieces today online......4 for me, 2 for my daughter. got the 25 percent off special they were offering, used the 30 percent off coupon, got free shipping, received 30.00 in kohls cash, AND used bigcrumbs and will be getting an additional 4 percent cash back.

hope everything works, but if not, my local kohls store is just two miles away so i can easily return them.

Page 1 of 1