Dooney & Bourke
50 Members and 14707 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Is Rachel Zoe gone from the Q?

Started 1373686618.583 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1373747914.463 by songbird
replies

Just wondered if R. Zoe is a thing of the past on the Q? I checked to see if some of her items might be on sale or easy pay, and found there are no new items, just things from last winter, etc. Maybe I am really "out of it", but it seems some of the more expensive vendors are gone, or at least, not adding any new items. Any news from the rest of you fashionistas?

Page 1 of 1
ECBG1373687146.8432961 PostsRegistered 1/8/2011N C

We've discussed our displeasure of the lack of the more talented designers recently, Rachel Zoe being one of them. It seems now she only sends her assistant, if anyone. I watched her Fall 2013 Runway Show on You Tube and the styles were very wearable and fresh. I occasionally watched The Rachel Zoe Project on tv and she didn't seem to have a minute to herself on a daily basis. My guess is she just needed Q to "spring board" and make some capital, and with the role of being a mother as well as a designer, she has moved on.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

funwun1373687499.9871606 PostsRegistered 2/3/2013
Yes, she is gone. One of the hosts mentioned she had moved on to focus on her high end line....

D Oro1373689633.8934078 PostsRegistered 2/17/2011Knock Knock, USA

I miss Pamela Dennis. When she first came to QVC, Pamela brought real silk and genuine leather items with style. They dumbed down her line before it ended.

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
-- Coco Chanel

Life is too short to spend hoping that a perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade will mask an ugly heart.---Kevin Aucoin

funwun1373690292.5271606 PostsRegistered 2/3/2013
On 7/12/2013 D Oro said:

I miss Pamela Dennis. When she first came to QVC, Pamela brought real silk and genuine leather items with style. They dumbed down her line before it ended.

OMG, I forgot about Pamela Dennis...wow, QVC got rid of alot good designers...or perhaps, they left on their own...who knows lol!

emmysmom1373690731.694843 PostsRegistered 6/22/2010
On 7/12/2013 ECBG said:

We've discussed our displeasure of the lack of the more talented designers recently, Rachel Zoe being one of them. It seems now she only sends her assistant, if anyone. I watched her Fall 2013 Runway Show on You Tube and the styles were very wearable and fresh. I occasionally watched The Rachel Zoe Project on tv and she didn't seem to have a minute to herself on a daily basis. My guess is she just needed Q to "spring board" and make some capital, and with the role of being a mother as well as a designer, she has moved on.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I hope she comes back to Bravo..loved her show. She's expecting again, so her plate is full. I love her and her fashions! Her son is darling and she dresses him in the cutest clothes. Hope this one's a girl so she can dress her like a princess, lol! Rachel loves maxis, she's always dressed so cute, so feminine. I think she has a line at Nordies~

Aiminghigh1373711634.177490 PostsRegistered 4/1/2013
On 7/12/2013 D Oro said:

Why does the Q "dumbed down" designer lines? I am afraid they are doing this to Lori Goldstein's LOGO line. It is a shame. All fashions at the Q start to look and feel the same. Some customers will still pay a bit more for something special and unique.

ByTheBay1373712046.8733922 PostsRegistered 1/3/2008
On 7/12/2013 D Oro said:

ITA! I have so many pieces from her original line. Really miss PD )-:

"Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century". Joan Rivers
R.I.P.

songbird1373747914.4632164 PostsRegistered 12/31/2004
On 7/12/2013 emmiesmom said:
On 7/12/2013 ECBG said:

I hope she comes back to Bravo..loved her show. She's expecting again, so her plate is full. I love her and her fashions! Her son is darling and she dresses him in the cutest clothes. Hope this one's a girl so she can dress her like a princess, lol! Rachel loves maxis, she's always dressed so cute, so feminine. I think she has a line at Nordies~

I love her clothing too. I love well tailored clothing and that's what she does best. On the practical side, tailored clothing tends to be very expensive, so I don't see her having a line on the Q anymore. Saying that, I think her new line of clothing have not done well. And there is talk her show might not come back on because of the low ratings.

Is she expecting another baby? I just read this post, and I was kind of surprised. I had no idea she was going to have another baby.

Page 1 of 1