Just-Reduced Clearance
157 Members and 18706 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

GILI Clothing

Started 1365194545.057 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1365206264.133 by baseballmom2
replies
I'm not familiar with this line. Have had no experience with it. Has anyone ordered items from this brand? What is your take on it? I'm aware it's inspired by a Q host personal clothing wardrobe. However from reading the comments on the description pages, the items don't seem to get very good reviews. Does this host wear these clothes too? From what I've seen she appears to have expensive taste so I'm curious to know if you've seen her in these GILI pieces or are they just for us.

Page 1 of 1
gazelle771365195605.3739706 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013

I bought her wide leg trouser pants. They fit me perfect- I just went by the specs they give of them. I did a review on the fashion boards a week ago if you want to read it. I can not figure out why they have so many bad reviews by people saying they run small... if you order your size from the specs given they fit fine. I think too many people went by the QVC size for pants( which is a much bigger size) and not the GILI size for their pants.

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh

Debbie14261365200081.7135360 PostsRegistered 9/12/2012
I own the lace snap front shirt and LOVE it! Yes, Lisa likes nice things (and I do too...) but certainly do not mind the designer inspired things that Lisa brings to QVC. I don't own anything else but would not hesitate to purchase if something really speaks to me. The reviews are good on some things and poor on others/ just like any line. Personally, I don't care whether or not she wears them. If I already owned the designer version I would not bother with Q's version either...

Porche1365200865.9218 PostsRegistered 8/1/2009

What does GILI stand for/mean?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Alter Ego1365201564.451839 PostsRegistered 8/23/2007Chicago
On 4/5/2013 Porche said:

What does GILI stand for/mean?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Got It, Love It

winamac11365203635.16730924 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

The only item I have been impressed with from GILI is the longer-length leather jacket. Other than that, nothing has impressed me. I wish I had bought it, and my size was gone from day 1.

Lisa would not wear her "inspired" pieces.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Luvmycats1365205992.994727 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

I'm not sure how Lisa got the rep of being a "fashionista". She is far from being the best dressed host on the Q and ALWAYS wears the same clothing. She doesn't experiment w/ color and is predictable. Lisa enjoys talking about materialistic things, but that doesn't make her an expert on anything. I have a friend who was a stylist in NYC and a model and she doesn't walk around in bootcut jeans that are too long and in all black clothing, nor does she wear hair extensions and toooooooo much make-up.

I don't believe for a minute that G.I.L.I was produced from items in LR's closet. QVC knows that there are people who are Lisa obsessed & they are cashing in as a result. Lisa has never worn anything on air which remotely resembles that line.

Last edited on 4/5/2013

Last edited on 4/5/2013

baseballmo­m21365206264.13142 PostsRegistered 4/13/2006
On 4/5/2013 Luvmycats said:

I'm not sure how Lisa got the rep of being a "fashionista". She is far from being the best dressed host on the Q and ALWAYS wears the same clothing. She doesn't experiment w/ color and is predictable. Lisa enjoys talking about materialistic things, but that doesn't make her an expert on anything. I have a friend who was a stylist in NYC and a model and she doesn't walk around in bootcut jeans that are too long and in all black clothing, nor does she wear hair extensions and toooooooo much make-up.

I don't believe for a minute that G.I.L.I was produced from items in LR's closet. QVC knows that there are people who are Lisa obsessed & they are cashing in as a result. Lisa has never worn anything on air which remotely resembles that line.

Last edited on 4/5/2013

I would not doubt it...

Page 1 of 1