Keurig Offer
18 Members and 9596 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

The Good Wife-clothes

Started 1359342988.11 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1359430748.053 by annabellethecat

I love her clothes! I just never could afford them. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Any favorite stores for cute jackets that are similiar to the main character's, Julianna Margulies?

Page 1 of 2
KathyPet1359343516.5538110 PostsRegistered 1/25/2006Beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Diane is always beautifully dressed as is Alicia


Deep inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out. I can usually shut her up with cookies!!

shoekitty1359345074.28712564 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 1/27/2013 KathyPet said: Diane is always beautifully dressed as is Alicia

Diane is the one I notice the most. OMG, the suits she has. I am a pretty casual, artsy bohemian dresser sometimes, but I could totally do her clothes! I would hang in them my closet and look at them! They both are stunning women and great actresses. Just stunning.

Does anyone know what particular designer they use? Or are their clothes designed exclusively for the show I wonder?

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

MomOf41359345192.3973807 PostsRegistered 1/27/2012So. California

I agree Diane is the most beautifully dressed cast member on the show and always looks so comfortable in her gorgeous outfits!



Friends are the bacon bits in the salad of life!!

Go Denver Broncos!!

webappq11359345315.491587 PostsRegistered 11/12/2012

i love her clothes as well.

Funky

redwall1359345316.38772 PostsRegistered 4/15/2011

Lafayette 148 has similar styles although the line is expensive. You can find sales now in the 40-70% range with most prices ranging from $68.00-400.00 plus. The line is also sold in Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue.

redwall1359345317.71772 PostsRegistered 4/15/2011

Lafayette 148 has similar styles although the line is expensive. You can find sales now in the 40-70% range with most prices ranging from $68.00-400.00 plus. The line is also sold in Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue.

ShhOliver1359346814.157 PostsRegistered 3/7/2010

I heard Julianna's character say on a recent episode, when another attorney asked her about her jacket, that she thought it was Tahari. Much of her clothing looks like its from Elie Tahari. Beautiful clothing.

SoX1359353032.667770 PostsRegistered 2/21/2009
On 1/27/2013 shoekitty said:
On 1/27/2013 KathyPet said: Diane is always beautifully dressed as is Alicia

Diane is the one I notice the most. OMG, the suits she has. I am a pretty casual, artsy bohemian dresser sometimes, but I could totally do her clothes! I would hang in them my closet and look at them! They both are stunning women and great actresses. Just stunning.

Does anyone know what particular designer they use? Or are their clothes designed exclusively for the show I wonder?

Diane's clothes are the most expensive of the two ... and I love her character.

She wears Akris, Magaschoni, Elie Tahari ... other pieces by Prada, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren. Her suits are by Hugo Boss, Versace, Armani, Brioni, and Rena Lange.

Last edited on 1/28/2013

Last edited on 1/28/2013

shoekitty1359353599.6812564 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 1/28/2013 Sox2 said:
On 1/27/2013 shoekitty said:
On 1/27/2013 KathyPet said: Diane is always beautifully dressed as is Alicia

Diane is the one I notice the most. OMG, the suits she has. I am a pretty casual, artsy bohemian dresser sometimes, but I could totally do her clothes! I would hang in them my closet and look at them! They both are stunning women and great actresses. Just stunning.

Does anyone know what particular designer they use? Or are their clothes designed exclusively for the show I wonder?

Diane's clothes are the most expensive of the two ... and I love her character.

She wears Akris, Magaschoni, Elie Tahari ... other pieces by Prada, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren. Her suits are by Hugo Boss, Versace, Armani, Brioni, and Rena Lange.

Last edited on 1/28/2013


Wow! Diane wears the good stuff, LOL.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

shoekitty1359353787.09712564 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

Rena Lange might be the unusual clothing line she wears. Check this out.

http://www.renalange-onlineshop-usa.com/shop-catalog-fall-winter-1/fall-winter-collection.html

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

SoX1359354357.557770 PostsRegistered 2/21/2009
On 1/28/2013 shoekitty said:

Rena Lange might be the unusual clothing line she wears. Check this out.

http://www.renalange-onlineshop-usa.com/shop-catalog-fall-winter-1/fall-winter-collection.html

Wow ... that is some really cool stuff ... a little edgy, I'd say.

Last edited on 1/28/2013

Last edited on 1/28/2013

Liz1231359377676.173792 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

Like I said, a bit out of my price range. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I will persevere to find similiar items.

lolakimono1359378374.613295 PostsRegistered 3/29/2012

I don't watch the show but did a lot of research on the web. How about these?

Cutaway swing jacket - [K17118]

Stitched bouclé jacket - [K10933]Peek-a-boo lace jacket - [K16043]

Herringbone tweed blazer - [K10803]

Shell embellished jacket - [K13335]

Bright bouclé jacket - [K12238]

Liz1231359378988.41792 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

Are those Coldwater Creek? I have found a couple jackets from there, but it's hit and miss. They often look better in pictures than in person.

lolakimono1359379047.18713295 PostsRegistered 3/29/2012
On 1/28/2013 Liz123 said:

Are those Coldwater Creek? I have found a couple jackets from there, but it's hit and miss. They often look better in pictures than in person.

Yes- they're from CC.

JamicaJamm­er1359379225.0232278 PostsRegistered 1/14/2013

I find Alecia's attire to be beyond boring and flat. Diane's is far more attractive.

But my #1 favorite wardrobe is that of the main character on SCANDAL! OMG - I LOVE her stuff!!!!!!

Here's a link of photos you can flip thru:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/scandal/photos/character/olivia-pope/media/SCD106009

Last edited on 1/28/2013

Last edited on 1/28/2013

VaBelle351359379412.9039432 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

Diane is more statuesque and can pull off a more pronounced look.

QVC Shopper since 1993

sunnybrook1359379681.7332327 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005
On 1/28/2013 JamicaJammer said:

I find Alecia's attire to be beyond boring and flat. Diane's is far more attractive.

But my #1 favorite wardrobe is that of the main character on SCANDAL! OMG - I LOVE her stuff!!!!!!

Here's a link of photos you can flip thru:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/scandal/photos/character/olivia-pope/media/SCD106009


Last edited on 1/28/2013

ITA about Kerry Washington's (Olivia Pope's) wardrobe on Scandal. If I was still in my 30's, that's how I'd dress. I don't watch The Good Wife.

Liz1231359379739.897792 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010

I don't want tv very much. I do watch clothes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I may have to watch that show!

JamicaJamm­er1359380193.1572278 PostsRegistered 1/14/2013
On 1/28/2013 Liz123 said:

I don't want tv very much. I do watch clothes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I may have to watch that show!

IMHO, Olivia Pope (SCANDAL) dresses in a very classic way. 1960s classy a lot of the time.

Nothing over the top, trashy, or "fad"-ish. Of course, being a size 0 probably helps, too!

JustJazzmom1359384550.80327807 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

I have to smile about this thread because on the Linea forum, a group of us mentioned last year that we watched The Good Wife for the fashion as well as the plot lines!! They both wear classically inspired clothing. I like CWC clothing too-- especially when there is a sale!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

JustJazzmom1359384617.80327807 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

I wear this jacket from CWC with a lot of Louis' navy bottoms or tops.

Pacific vista tweed jacket - [K14579]

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

gubby11359385215.1471553 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010puget sound

I am still lusting after that jacket JJM!

Last flight I took,the audio was not working on the TVs. I was happy just to watch the Good Wife with no sound..just to oggle!

SoX1359385240.987770 PostsRegistered 2/21/2009
On 1/28/2013 JustJazzmom said:

I have to smile about this thread because on the Linea forum, a group of us mentioned last year that we watched The Good Wife for the fashion as well as the plot lines!! They both wear classically inspired clothing. I like CWC clothing too-- especially when there is a sale!

If I were still working, I'd take Diane's entire wardrobe from her!

And speaking of plot lines (without giving away last night's episode, because I'm gonna watch it today) ... some of them are getting kind of kooky lately. Still love the show, though.

JustJazzmom1359387791.32727807 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

I bought this jacket (also from CWC) instead of the Linea one. Wish Louis stuck to this style when he designed his HTC jacket.

Houndstooth jacket - [K14972]

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

Page 1 of 2