Just-Reduced Clearance
128 Members and 18060 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Suzanne Runyan on HSN

Started 1358726534.867 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1359078262.177 by bdylan52441

I was flipping channels and saw Suzanne Runyan on HSN and remember her from QVC. I remember when she was pregnant on QVC. I have heard her mention her son, her dog, but never a husband. Was she married, divorced, anyone know?? Just wondering.

Page 1 of 2
winamac11358726595.42331735 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I don't know much about her, but I really like her as a host. I like most of the HSN hosts except for a few. I like Bill Greene a lot and some of the ones on in the early a.m. Bobbi Rae Carter is another host I really like. She is always very professional and seems like a super nice person. There's one that is annoying over there, but most are really good at their job.

Last edited on 1/20/2013

Last edited on 1/20/2013

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

santorini1358726693.447216 PostsRegistered 1/26/2007

I recall her mentioning her husband in the past - retired military, I believe.

Buck-i-Nana1358727916.2978247 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio

Just shows how different people like different personalities. Don't like Suzanne at all. She endlessly plays that they're almost gone, they'll be gone before morning, if you don't order it now, you'll miss out...then there's still plenty of whatever it was at the end of the day. She's as hard sell as any host/hostess here on the Q.

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

Luvmycats1358734665.6074727 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

I thought that she divorced prior to leaving QVC- ???? Don't know (or care) though!

straitgirl1358739418.7722174 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

Last week she mentioned her husband and I think she said her son is 15. His name is Ethan. I like Suzanne, she used to do all the craft shows.

straitgirl1358739518.72322174 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006
On 1/20/2013 Mostly Invisible said:

Just shows how different people like different personalities. Don't like Suzanne at all. She endlessly plays that they're almost gone, they'll be gone before morning, if you don't order it now, you'll miss out...then there's still plenty of whatever it was at the end of the day. She's as hard sell as any host/hostess here on the Q.


This is exactly how I would describe Shannon on hsn. Whenever she does the ts it will be gone by morning and they are always there the next night when she comes on.

imaclothes­hog1358742851.85722424 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

She divorced her first husband, that is the guy she had the child with. She's on husband #2 now. She's been gone from QVC for years. I think she's a competent host and does a good job for HSN. I don't know why she left QVC.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

kcubed1358744715.2471443 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I always liked her on the Q. The thing I most remember about her was that one day, during a Suzie O. show, she was surprised with cameras showing up at her front door to check on the organization of her house. Suzie was talking about organization and finances. I don't think it was staged. She seemed very surprised and uncomfortable. I would have been mortified. Not long after that event, she left the Q. I always wondered if the surprise inspection was the reason why.

occasional­ rain1358745019.4617328 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

I have to agree about the HSN hosts being so much better at presenting than those at the Q. I was home on HSN's fashion clearance day and watched a lot of it and didn't have to mute once. Bill Green does an excellent job; really none of the hosts there are unwatchable.

The price reductions were good and so was the S&H. I wanted the Twiggy maxi but wasn't fast enough.

winamac11358771310.40331735 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/20/2013 PinkSugar said:
On 1/20/2013 Mostly Invisible said:

Just shows how different people like different personalities. Don't like Suzanne at all. She endlessly plays that they're almost gone, they'll be gone before morning, if you don't order it now, you'll miss out...then there's still plenty of whatever it was at the end of the day. She's as hard sell as any host/hostess here on the Q.


This is exactly how I would describe Shannon on hsn. Whenever she does the ts it will be gone by morning and they are always there the next night when she comes on.

ITA Shannon is the WORST. All the hosts on ALL shopping channels talk about items almost being gone. It's all part of their vernacular.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11358771440.38731735 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/20/2013 occasional rain said:

I have to agree about the HSN hosts being so much better at presenting than those at the Q. I was home on HSN's fashion clearance day and watched a lot of it and didn't have to mute once. Bill Green does an excellent job; really none of the hosts there are unwatchable.

The price reductions were good and so was the S&H. I wanted the Twiggy maxi but wasn't fast enough.

ITA The HSN hosts are all really good--for the most part. I don't care for one. Even though I'm not a huge Colleen Lopez "fan", she's a very competent host overall and easy to watch. I don't see her often, but when I do-she's usually good. I wonder what happened to her line. It's almost gone--as far as fashion. I owned a few of her T.S.'s, but most of her items were too cropped for me. I saw a few things on clearnace, but I didnt' like any of them. None of these hosts' lines seem to do well after awhile. Pam McCoy probably did the best on ShopNBC and now she's gone I think.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

benzgirl1358771678.655812 PostsRegistered 12/23/2006Tennessee by way of the great state of NY
I always enjoyed Suzanne but don't think she was very popular at Q. I was really happy to see her again down south where I think she has come into her own. Very polished now. Kuddos to her! :)

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God". ~ Bob Pierce ~ Founder of World Vision

Pray for the USA, Pray for Israel

Pie19931358771859.861862 PostsRegistered 6/25/2007
On 1/21/2013 winamac1 said:
On 1/20/2013 occasional rain said:

I have to agree about the HSN hosts being so much better at presenting than those at the Q. I was home on HSN's fashion clearance day and watched a lot of it and didn't have to mute once. Bill Green does an excellent job; really none of the hosts there are unwatchable.

The price reductions were good and so was the S&H. I wanted the Twiggy maxi but wasn't fast enough.

ITA The HSN hosts are all really good--for the most part. I don't care for one. Even though I'm not a huge Colleen Lopez "fan", she's a very competent host overall and easy to watch. I don't see her often, but when I do-she's usually good. I wonder what happened to her line. It's almost gone--as far as fashion. I owned a few of her T.S.'s, but most of her items were too cropped for me. I saw a few things on clearnace, but I didnt' like any of them. None of these hosts' lines seem to do well after awhile. Pam McCoy probably did the best on ShopNBC and now she's gone I think.

Colleen and Shannon are two I won't watch. I usually can not sit and watch the presentations over and over but these two I can not bear to deal with. I used to actually enjoy Adam and Amy in the mornings when they had their morning show.

AngelLove21358772148.3032666 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

At first, I didn't like Suzanne but I have grown to like her. She is fun and doesn't seem to make her presentations about herself.

Brinklii1358772227.80310278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI
On 1/20/2013 Amphitrite said:

She divorced her first husband, that is the guy she had the child with. She's on husband #2 now. She's been gone from QVC for years. I think she's a competent host and does a good job for HSN. I don't know why she left QVC.

I like Suzanne when she slows her speech down...sometimes she talks 10 miles a minute.

When she was at QVC, she was "dressing down" all the time...long mullet-type hair style and wore a jean jacket almost every day. One day she showed up with a new, attractive hairstyle and a cute tweed suit jacket and skirt on. All the on-air customers were complimenting her. I got the feeling that it was forced on her. Within a couple weeks, she was saying goodbye to QVC on air. About a year later, she came to HSN part-time and then went full-time quickly.

A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

winamac11358772784.9631735 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

why did she leave QVC? Does anyone know? Was she booted or did she leave on her own? I don't remember her well from QVC.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

starpolish­er1358775473.12975 PostsRegistered 11/14/2005
On 1/21/2013 Tabbychic said:
On 1/20/2013 Amphitrite said:

She divorced her first husband, that is the guy she had the child with. She's on husband #2 now. She's been gone from QVC for years. I think she's a competent host and does a good job for HSN. I don't know why she left QVC.

I like Suzanne when she slows her speech down...sometimes she talks 10 miles a minute.

When she was at QVC, she was "dressing down" all the time...long mullet-type hair style and wore a jean jacket almost every day. One day she showed up with a new, attractive hairstyle and a cute tweed suit jacket and skirt on. All the on-air customers were complimenting her. I got the feeling that it was forced on her. Within a couple weeks, she was saying goodbye to QVC on air. About a year later, she came to HSN part-time and then went full-time quickly.


I remember this also. It was sometime in the 1990's...1998-1999. A co-worker pointed out to me how unpolished she seemed next to the other hosts. Kathy Levine was still on the Q. She is much more polished on HSN.

""A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." ~ Bernard Meltzer

imaclothes­hog1358775988.4922424 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

I don't remember why Suzanne left QVC, but I don't think it was voluntary, since she showed up at HSN shortly thereafter, she must have really liked the show host job since that seems to be what she wanted to do and went to HSN.

I do remember that Mary Beth Roe was her mentor when she was first hired with Q; I remember Mary Beth talking about having Suzanne over to her home often for dinner.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

imaclothes­hog1358776136.37722424 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006
On 1/21/2013 winamac1 said:
On 1/20/2013 PinkSugar said:
On 1/20/2013 Mostly Invisible said:

Just shows how different people like different personalities. Don't like Suzanne at all. She endlessly plays that they're almost gone, they'll be gone before morning, if you don't order it now, you'll miss out...then there's still plenty of whatever it was at the end of the day. She's as hard sell as any host/hostess here on the Q.


This is exactly how I would describe Shannon on hsn. Whenever she does the ts it will be gone by morning and they are always there the next night when she comes on.

ITA Shannon is the WORST. All the hosts on ALL shopping channels talk about items almost being gone. It's all part of their vernacular.


ITA they all do that, I tune it out. Q hosts didn't use to do that, but they do now with the "when it's gone, it's gone" schtick.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

colliegirls1358776267.1137183 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

My husband says the same thing, "When its gone, its gone." He is talking about our money, however!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

imaclothes­hog1358776822.73722424 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006
On 1/21/2013 colliegirls said:

My husband says the same thing, "When its gone, its gone." He is talking about our money, however!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

winamac11358778858.87731735 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/21/2013 Pie1993 said:
On 1/21/2013 winamac1 said:
On 1/20/2013 occasional rain said:

I have to agree about the HSN hosts being so much better at presenting than those at the Q. I was home on HSN's fashion clearance day and watched a lot of it and didn't have to mute once. Bill Green does an excellent job; really none of the hosts there are unwatchable.

The price reductions were good and so was the S&H. I wanted the Twiggy maxi but wasn't fast enough.

ITA The HSN hosts are all really good--for the most part. I don't care for one. Even though I'm not a huge Colleen Lopez "fan", she's a very competent host overall and easy to watch. I don't see her often, but when I do-she's usually good. I wonder what happened to her line. It's almost gone--as far as fashion. I owned a few of her T.S.'s, but most of her items were too cropped for me. I saw a few things on clearnace, but I didnt' like any of them. None of these hosts' lines seem to do well after awhile. Pam McCoy probably did the best on ShopNBC and now she's gone I think.

Colleen and Shannon are two I won't watch. I usually can not sit and watch the presentations over and over but these two I can not bear to deal with. I used to actually enjoy Adam and Amy in the mornings when they had their morning show.

Shannon is the one who is hard for me to watch.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

wildcat fan1358779343.923712 PostsRegistered 1/18/2010

Suzanne is the reason I started watching HSN. I've always found her presentations to be thorough--even when she was on QVC.

I enjoy the style of HSN's hosts, but I agree that Shannon is hard to take. Many of HSN's female hosts are into the really L O N G hair extensions/wigs. Sometimes I find that a little distracting during the beauty shows, but overall, their tone is much calmer than the carnival barkers at the Q. A couple of decades ago, it was the other way around with HSN shouting at us. Does anyone remember Bobbie Ray's horn? She's really tamed down over the years.

ByTheBay1358780436.7033922 PostsRegistered 1/3/2008
On 1/21/2013 wildcat fan said:

Suzanne is the reason I started watching HSN. I've always found her presentations to be thorough--even when she was on QVC.

I enjoy the style of HSN's hosts, but I agree that Shannon is hard to take. Many of HSN's female hosts are into the really L O N G hair extensions/wigs. Sometimes I find that a little distracting during the beauty shows, but overall, their tone is much calmer than the carnival barkers at the Q. A couple of decades ago, it was the other way around with HSN shouting at us. Does anyone remember Bobbie Ray's horn? She's really tamed down over the years.

All the HSN hosts had that terrible horn LOL{#emotions_dlg.laugh}!!! I think it was called Tootie. That was the name of their automated system & they were always honking at you LOL!

I remember watching the day that SR said good-bye to the Q & I believe she mentioned that her hubby was being transferred down south?

"Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century". Joan Rivers
R.I.P.

liveforfas­hion1358781534.6935 PostsRegistered 10/23/2008

I agree that HSN hosts are easier to watch. Suzanne does a good job - only one or two there that I don't care for. Colleen has her own lines of fashion and jewelry on HSN - I own many of her dresses - love her style!

http://www.hsn.com/shop/colleen-lopez/663?rid=2085&query=Colleen%20Lopez&isSuggested=True

Page 1 of 2