Better Than Black Friday
104 Members and 14006 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Dianne Gilman DG2 Jeans

Started 1358605199.527 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1359233872.867 by graceandmercy
I have bought sooo many of her jeans. All but one pair have a rise (the c r ot ch) are that is too short. If you look at them when she holds them up, you can see it. So, I have jeans I should have returned, but didn't but can't wear. It seems like they get smaller. They are for ladies who have no hips, thighs...well, try them but save the return label.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
annabellet­hecat1358605292.55314715 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
Forgot to say go over and check her out. Look at these models legs.

nafecar1358607341.9973936 PostsRegistered 2/21/2007So Cal

Sorry to disagree with you but I have wide hips, rather large rear and a belly and they fit me really nice ,5-7 130 lbs size 12. I have several pair as well as some D&C .

Nafey
For each day the Lord blesses you with you can either embrace it or disgrace it, it's up to you.

lovestodan­ce1358607828.154917 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

I am not sure if i should consider ordering?

Will explain further. Going back years ago. I had ordered another TS... If i recall they were metallic skinny type jeans.

I could not get them past my hip area..

Have a long torso,and her cut was just not right for my body. Am petite as far as height..

Barely 5.ft1.. My waist measures 35 relaxed. howeverr my lower hip,measures 39..

Am considered small frame..

I think i ordered the pet-12,and then tried the pet-14.

So long ago that i cannot remember exactly..

Have problems with rise on many petite one..

Love the colors of this TS,but would hate to have the same thing happen..

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue as i have?

lovestodance {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

lovestodan­ce1358608130.8934917 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

Funny jhust read your post.. Have the same issue as you. Long torso.So i think will have the same issue as in the past with her jeans.

Believe it or not Walmart's white stag,and faded glory stretch fit me good in the Pet Lg.

I also like the stretch flat bands in waist.

Just wish they would come out with some new colors.

Cannot beat there prices as well Have many for years as well.

bunny~1358608215.8171899 PostsRegistered 2/27/2011

Have worn her jeans for many years. Lately the crotch area is bunching up. Not sure why because I still wear the same size.

Also the black jeans leave me with black knees. The dye continues to run even after a years worth of washing.

I am waiting for her to correct these flaws before ordering any more. I really do love her jeans but not the ones I ordered last year.

What doesn't break us makes us stronger.

Sister Gol­den Hair1358608639.5414610 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

I love her jeans and have several pairs. I always check the rise before I order a pair. I need a short rise, so some styles will not work. Also, I don't wear the same size in every style. But I will say, when you find the correct size and style, they are the best jeans I have ever worn.

Not only are they comfy but they look great. I'm trying these skinny jeans but I like the boot-cut the best. I'm 60 and I feel like 20 in her jeans.

Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

karmakat1358609442.3771222 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

They fit me well when I find the right size, but sizing is not consistent.

Any metallic and certain colors always seem to run very small. Oh and especially printed ones - I have a paisley pair I love, but I had to go up 2 sizes.

luvmypupz1358609663.8434991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I have some of her jeans but a lot of them are too big right now since I have lost weight. I did order the gray TS jeans but since she has changed the material they are saying to order down a size so don't know if they are going to fit. The fabric is suppose to have even more stretch now than it used to. I wear the average length and have found the rise too long in some of her jeans in the past so guess I will see how these new fabric ones are.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Sister Gol­den Hair1358609911.39314610 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008
On 1/19/2013 karmakat said:

They fit me well when I find the right size, but sizing is not consistent.

Any metallic and certain colors always seem to run very small. Oh and especially printed ones - I have a paisley pair I love, but I had to go up 2 sizes.

I had ordered a pair of dark red crop jeans and they were too small. Also, tight in the legs which I never had that problem. Glad to hear you tell about this happening to you too.

straitgirl1358610218.5421929 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I was interestd but don't know what size to order. I wear a junior 9 and these are women's sizes. My hips are only 5" bigger than my waist. Also they look like they will stretch in the crotch and seat due to the stretch and I couldn't find a length on them.

luvmypupz1358610542.1534991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore
On 1/19/2013 PinkSugar said:

I was interestd but don't know what size to order. I wear a junior 9 and these are women's sizes. My hips are only 5" bigger than my waist. Also they look like they will stretch in the crotch and seat due to the stretch and I couldn't find a length on them.

If you click on Add Measurements, there is a tab to click that gives the actual garment measurements. These stretch a lot so you need a pair that fits really tight when you first put them on.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Sister Gol­den Hair1358610750.7414610 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008
On 1/19/2013 PinkSugar said:

Go to the item and then the size chart. Click on garment measurements and it will tell you what you need to know. I believe the the lengths are 28, 30 and 32. I have never had any problem with her jeans stretching out. You may want to go with your hip size.

I have to go by the waist size because I don't have any hips.

Sister Gol­den Hair1358610985.114610 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Yes, luvmypupz is right about clicking on Add Measurements.

kimthib1358617179.7331010 PostsRegistered 4/1/2006

Long ago, I didn't think they would work for me, but I discovered I was ordering the wrong size--Too Big! I actually do NOT have the same kind of figure as Diane--I have a classic hourglass figure, slightly long torso, 5'8", 135 lbs. I always order a 2T and they fit like a glove. I wear a pair of her jeans almost every day, and I can't even begin to count how many I have! I am an addict!

willdob31358617569.73710703 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010

I love the look of this fabric, the color over black.

I have never tried her jeans. I need to do that next time I go to the outlet.

Are all her jeans so high-waisted? These look like what they call "mom jeans" to me.

luvmypupz1358617742.454991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore
On 1/19/2013 willdob3 said:

I love the look of this fabric, the color over black.

I have never tried her jeans. I need to do that next time I go to the outlet.

Are all her jeans so high-waisted? These look like what they call "mom jeans" to me.

They hit me right at the belly button which to me that is not high waisted. I have had a problem with the rise being too long on some of her jeans but that was mostly when I was between sizes and the larger size was the one with the rise too long.

lovestotea­ch1358617891.1915267 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

The rise is too uncomfortable (short) for me also. I want "mom" jeans without the look of "mom" jeans. I have discovered what people most dislike about high waisted jeans, though. I think with a belt or tall button they stick out too much. But my waist needs a belt or some such defining feature and I just don't feel comfortable in pants that ride low. Feel like they are falling down all the time.

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

snickster1358618016.123795 PostsRegistered 7/28/2012

About 10 years ago, or so, I loved her jeans and wore them alot. Either my body changed or her jeans changed, I can no longer wear her jeans. I am the same size, and wear the same size in every other brand jeans, but can't figure her sizing out anymore. Tired of returning, so I just stopped ordering them.

willdob31358618386.62310703 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010

Thanks for the replies.

I'm an hour glass shape but I'm short-waisted so these might come up to my neck. lol...

Also, I normally want no more than 1% spandex in jeans. Anything more just stretches out horribly for me. I understand DG's jeans are different but I am very hesitant.

I am lucky to have an outlet about an hour away so I need to go & try some of her jeans on so I can stop wondering.

I really do love the color over black but I'd buy the neutral colors for jeans.

shoesnbags1358619330.1433118 PostsRegistered 6/26/2007New Orleans

OP, I'm trying to understand why you bought "sooo many" DG jeans if they don't fit you. We've all held on to something too long and couldn't return it, but why keep ordering? I've found the size that works for me, and yes, I have no hips and small thighs. But when she said that this is a new fabric with more stretch, she lost me. I don't want more stretch, so I'm passing on these.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Shoes

Money talks....but chocolate SINGS!

rogan1358621474.1472168 PostsRegistered 8/29/2007

DG's legs look ginormous in those jeans. She needs to go up a size. Those knees! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Thank you for explaining how to find the actual garment measurements @ HSN. I've been looking & looking & could never find them. lol

luvmyteddy1358623644.1078846 PostsRegistered 9/4/2010Royals/Chiefs

I think Diane makes them for women with bigger waist like herself. Even her size chart is different from what she is saying on TV. She said the eights were 27 1/2 in the waist and would extend to 33. The size chart says differently on this TS. If I go down to a six where the waist is less than 27 and my waist is 26 why would I want 6 extra inches in the waist that stretch. I tried them before and the waist is huge. I tried 3 times with different sizes and gave up after sending them back all the time.

I decided to go to Kmart where one store is closing and they had Levi's and Route 66 for 8.00, 50% off. They fit like a dream. They even have short, regular and talls.

DG jean's fall down in the back because of so much stretch and the rise is too short so I can't keep them up. The talls never measure the same length either. I gave my bigger DG jeans to my GF who has a larger waist and hip size and she loves them.

Must love dogs and cats

karmakat1358624115.331222 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Funny how some people say the rise is too short, and others say it's too high. Not every brand is for everybody. The only way to be sure if they will work for you is to try them.

luvmyteddy1358624431.8978846 PostsRegistered 9/4/2010Royals/Chiefs
On 1/19/2013 rogan said:

DG's legs look ginormous in those jeans. She needs to go up a size. Those knees! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Thank you for explaining how to find the actual garment measurements @ HSN. I've been looking & looking & could never find them. lol

I agree, her knees looked terrible and she has muffin top spillage. Not a good look when trying to sell clothes. I think she gets a kick out of saying she wears a size 2. That's why there is so much stretch in them. Diane says she likes her jeans tight because they make her feel se xy. She would look much more attractive if she wore the right size. JMO.

Must love dogs and cats

luvmypupz1358625123.6434991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

Her legs looked better today than they did last night at midnight. The jeans she had on were way too tight in the legs. I think she needs to wear the next size up too. She repeatedly said she has no muffin spillage and that is obviously not true.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next