TSV(R) Preview
14 Members and 10792 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

HSN FASHION LADIES...

Started 1358114088.373 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1358513119.43 by winamac1

Though I'm far from pleased with their new site, I did check through things earlier, and just this weekend they marked down a LOT of fashion. I got another Adrienne Landau coat--the cocoon one. I have the brown and I copied Sunshine45, LOL, and got the red. It was about half price. I had to use Safari as Firefox on my Mac won't let me search, but I figured it out, LOL.

If there's a big sale, I'll figure it out (as hubby says).Wink Iman also has some new markdowns as of yesterday!

Tuesday is another big fashion day so if you want something that's limited, I'd get it before Tuesday at midnight.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
kittymomNC1358121570.0874678 PostsRegistered 8/9/2012

I managed to navigate around enough to find two Diane Gilman denim dusters regularly $79.00 (which I refuse to pay) for $29.00 - now THAT's a SALE PRICE! QVC - TAKE NOTE! It's a toss up sometimes when ordering DG2, but I already have one of these and really like it, so felt great getting two more for that price{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}!

Last edited on 1/15/2013

sunshine451358122411.0741912 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

i have been having fun checking out the deals!!! winamac, i LOVE the red because it is such a brilliant color. i wore it often during the holidays in particular. i also got the purple, but now that it is on sale i am so tempted to get a "normal" fur color like the black or the cognac, which will go with more.

i also saw a cute longer vest!

Last edited on 1/15/2013

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

winamac11358127314.0630937 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/13/2013 sunshine45 said:

i have been having fun checking out the deals!!! winamac, i LOVE the red because it is such a brilliant color. i wore it often during the holidays in particular. i also got the purple, but now that it is on sale i am so tempted to get a "normal" fur color like the black or the cognac, which will go with more.

i also saw a cute longer vest!

- Thanks sunshine! I saw that vest too and love it! I love your purple cocoon too! I want them all! I ordered 4 items today!

Last edited on 1/15/2013

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11358127358.23730937 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/13/2013 kittymomNC said:

I managed to navigate around enough to find two Diane Gilman denim dusters regularly $79.00 (which I refuse to pay) for $29.00 - now THAT's a SALE PRICE! QVC - TAKE NOTE! It's a toss up sometimes when ordering DG2, but I already have one of these and really like it, so felt great getting two more for that price{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}!

Awesome!! Hope u love it.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

baby burns1358133418.1038793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

winamac, you finally figured out how to navigate on their new site? its not perfect, but i have found most of the items i want. of course still a couple more i want also! your things sound great, and prices, are about what they should be.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Mustangshar1358133823.8677882 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs
Thx for the heads up.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Sharon :)
WNYgal said The Shame Sisters, otherwise known as Linea Anonymous.

luvmyteddy1358138413.828564 PostsRegistered 9/4/2010Land of Oz

I check it every day in in case they mark them down further.

I got the DG moss green long denim jacket and have my eye on the purple which is waitlisted. The green is much darker in person which I liked.

I also got the Chi suede snakeskin jacket in black/ivory and purple. Gorgeous plus the Twiggy suede jacket in cognac. I buy all my suede jackets from HSN clearance. Love their coats.

Their prices are so high to start with so when the fashion clearance comes along it is so worth the wait. I also tried their stately steel rings and they are really nice for the price.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Trix1358139143.9873685 PostsRegistered 7/28/2005Chicago, IL

The remodeled HSN site is so cluttered and busy looking. I couldn't figure out how to sort by size and the headache the site gave me was awful, but I will try again. What's a little eyestrain when hunting a good fashion deal.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Trix

winamac11358165426.4730937 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/13/2013 baby burns said:

winamac, you finally figured out how to navigate on their new site? its not perfect, but i have found most of the items i want. of course still a couple more i want also! your things sound great, and prices, are about what they should be.

No I haven't fully figured it out. My favorites list continues to disappear, and I can't log on via Firefox which is what I used before. Safari keeps logging me off at times too and I can't even search on Firefox.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

wonderwoma­n1001358193473.012741 PostsRegistered 1/21/2008

Thanks for the heads up, Win. Wish their videos were working-ugghh!! They work for a few seconds then have only sound.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

LipstickDi­va1358194236.63338624 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

Just as an fyi, the Curations scarfs that were a TS are now down to $16.95 with only $1.99 s/h. I think that is a newer markdown because I searched for scarfs on that site after the holidays and it was still at the higher price.

The TS is going to be something by Slinky but I have no idea what.

Last edited on 1/14/2013

Last edited on 1/15/2013

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

winamac11358206819.9330937 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/14/2013 wonderwoman100 said:

Thanks for the heads up, Win. Wish their videos were working-ugghh!! They work for a few seconds then have only sound.

wow wonderwoman--earlier they were working. I haven't checked today. Off to look. Thanks

Last edited on 1/15/2013

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11358253043.53330937 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

Those curations scarves are really nice. I have one and bought 2 more. For the price, they are really pretty scarves!

Last edited on 1/15/2013

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

TeachRsPet1358254868.9732854 PostsRegistered 11/29/2009

Ah geez Win! Why did you have to show me that coat? I just got one from JCrew last week but this is cute too! Did you size down as some reviewers say? I can't make up my mind what color I like best!

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Pixie661358257036.063297 PostsRegistered 11/12/2009
On 1/13/2013 winamac1 said:

Though I'm far from pleased with their new site, I did check through things earlier, and just this weekend they marked down a LOT of fashion. I got another Adrienne Landau coat--the cocoon one. I have the brown and I copied Sunshine45, LOL, and got the red. It was about half price. I had to use Safari as Firefox on my Mac won't let me search, but I figured it out, LOL.

If there's a big sale, I'll figure it out (as hubby says).Wink Iman also has some new markdowns as of yesterday!

Tuesday is another big fashion day so if you want something that's limited, I'd get it before Tuesday at midnight.


Hey Win - This cocoon is now $69.90 - I swear it was $79.90 yesterday, just an FYI to check see what price you ordered at. I had the purple on WL from the initial TS airing. It shipped late Dec but I can't get a credit as I ordered it Nov. {#emotions_dlg.mad} It's very pretty though. And I also have the brown, love it.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Sunniegirl1358257482.6071060 PostsRegistered 8/21/2008So. Calfornia

Hi all - decided to check out the sales and found a pair of sandals Elliott-Lucca for $19.98 with $1.99 shipping. These were normally $119.00! So, thought I would give them a try at that price....... never tried the brand but at that price it was worth it.Smile

Last edited on 1/15/2013

LipstickDi­va1358259660.77338624 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio
On 1/15/2013 Pixie66 said:


Hey Win - This cocoon is now $69.90 - I swear it was $79.90 yesterday, just an FYI to check see what price you ordered at. I had the purple on WL from the initial TS airing. It shipped late Dec but I can't get a credit as I ordered it Nov. {#emotions_dlg.mad} It's very pretty though. And I also have the brown, love it.

Did you call them and ask if they would give you a price adjustment? Would it be worth it to return it and re-order?

Last edited on 1/15/2013

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Pixie661358260070.813297 PostsRegistered 11/12/2009
On 1/15/2013 Queen of Posts said:
On 1/15/2013 Pixie66 said:

<br /> Hey Win - This cocoon is now $69.90 - I swear it was $79.90 yesterday, just an FYI to check see what price you ordered at. I had the purple on WL from the initial TS airing. It shipped late Dec but I can't get a credit as I ordered it Nov. {#emotions_dlg.mad} It's very pretty though. And I also have the brown, love it.

Did you call them and ask if they would give you a price adjustment? Would it be worth it to return it and re-order?

I didn't call but I emailed CS. I was thinking about returning/re-ordering, and it would definitely be worth it, maybe I'll give CS a call and see what they say.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

graceandme­rcy1358261566.9634518 PostsRegistered 6/22/2010

Stayed up half the night watching the great deals!!!

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

- Philo of Alexandria, a Jewish Philosopher

LipstickDi­va1358262500.23338624 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio
On 1/15/2013 Pixie66 said:
On 1/15/2013 Queen of Posts said:
On 1/15/2013 Pixie66 said:

<br /> Hey Win - This cocoon is now $69.90 - I swear it was $79.90 yesterday, just an FYI to check see what price you ordered at. I had the purple on WL from the initial TS airing. It shipped late Dec but I can't get a credit as I ordered it Nov. {#emotions_dlg.mad} It's very pretty though. And I also have the brown, love it.

Did you call them and ask if they would give you a price adjustment? Would it be worth it to return it and re-order?

I didn't call but I emailed CS. I was thinking about returning/re-ordering, and it would definitely be worth it, maybe I'll give CS a call and see what they say.

The coat is gorgeous!!! That price is a steal.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

SoX1358263067.6978001 PostsRegistered 2/21/2009

You'll probably have to return and reorder it, Pixie. Same thing happend to me with the Naeem Khan Chinchilla coat ... I ordered it on December 12, thinking it would go down in price during this month's sales, but I missed by two days (!) the time allowed for a price adjustment.

And since the price went down by $200, I'm returning my coat and I just did get another before it sold out.

LipstickDi­va1358263573.9538624 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I'm normally not a faux fur fan but I am toying with giving the Iman faux mink a whirl. It was a TS back in the fall. The item number is 205-211. I would more than likely never wear the brocade side and the price is right on this. It only has a 2 star review out of 193 reviews but I read them and am not concerned. Some said it just wasn't worth the price.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

SoX1358263851.678001 PostsRegistered 2/21/2009

I've seen some of her furs (Iman), but prefer other designers in fur. However, I have one of the best lamb leather jackets by her and it can't be beat.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

gparis11251358264029.667242 PostsRegistered 10/23/2012

Wow, I'm sooo jealous of all the finds here! Alas, I had to make several large expenditures recently so there's no money left to enjoy these bargains. I'll have to live vicariously through you ladies. Enjoy!

Last edited on 1/15/2013

nantucket ­shore1358264714.385642 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007
On 1/13/2013 sunshine45 said:

i have been having fun checking out the deals!!! winamac, i LOVE the red because it is such a brilliant color. i wore it often during the holidays in particular. i also got the purple, but now that it is on sale i am so tempted to get a "normal" fur color like the black or the cognac, which will go with more.

i also saw a cute longer vest!


the reviews for this coat says it's like a "bathrobe"?, is the faux fur that lightweight? It is more like a sweater to wear indoors?

I had to laugh by the review that said it was a great investment sitting in her closet, she hasn't worn it yet.

Last edited on 1/15/2013

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next