142 Members and 17548 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1430842205.203 by LindaLatte

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 314 of 314
LindaLatte1430407294.3275231 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning. Glad Syd is such a happy girl, Barbara. That is a blessing. Also glad M is doing so well. Enjoy your knitting. I love lacy shawls -- what color will it be? Nice that Syd liked both dresses, and good for V to persist with his brother. I'm sure it is very difficult for him. Hope you aren't in too much pain today.

You certainly are from a family of "over achievers". Nice that all three of you are so accomplished.

Sorry about the long wait at the Post Office, Claudia. That can happen here, especially when the winter visitors are here in force. There are often issues with starting and stopping mail delivery. I tend to use the "alternative" Post Office outlet which is near Curves, if possible. They have lines sometimes, but usually it is faster than the regular PO, and they sell other things (cards, jewelry, and some clothing), which I enjoy looking at while I wait. No parking fees at either place, thank goodness.

Glad you can bribe the dogs in when the lawn mowers are going. I think DD has my Mom's cedar chest in the living room/photography studio, but mine is in the bedroom. It is a more modern type.

I plan to head up to Best Buy today -- I found another printer to recycle, so I will be taking both of them. After that, I plan to go to Home Depot to pick up a grill cover, and maybe a few other stores. DH and I will be taking a walk soon, and I plan to go to Curves later. I'm back on my de-cluttering mission, and I hope to find more things to donate today and tomorrow. Yesterday, I donated several kitchen things that were not being used.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1430413164.054494 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Back from the dentist and full of novicaine. Before going home I decided to get my hair trimmed. I didn't have to wait.

Barbara, I'm so happy to hear M is doing well. I'm glad Sydnie is happy with her outfits. She seems like she is usually upbeat. I hope V can make a difference with his brother's attitude. Such a sad and difficult situation. Feel better and try not to do too much.

It's good you found the 2nd printer, Linda. Usually I find things after I've taken the first group to be donated.

Spring pickup reached our street today for branch and shrub pickup. They were already on the street when I came home. Fortunately they broke for lunch and I was able to get our stuff out. They had stopped just at our house. There wasn't much as the leaves aren't out yet. Once out branches will hang lower and some may need trimmed.

sydsgma1430490738.5373941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning. Syd broke out in hives last night...after 2 doses of Benadryl,she was ok. Turns out that the chips she had from jimmy johns were cooked in peanut oil.,she is so good about what she cannot have, I never thought to check. Decided that I am doing minimal today...I had to take 2 big pain pills last night. V said he will do laundry and run my errands.his visit with his brother was ok...he continues to refuse any suggestions to get help for his depression. V has resigned himself to not being able to do anything. Looks like rain out..but maybe 80 tomorrow. I will check back later.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

LindaLatte1430491877.3835231 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Sorry you needed all that Novocaine, Claudia. Hopefully, you are finished with the dentist for a while. Glad you were able to get your hair done and got your yard waste out in time. I find it very strange, but yard waste is considered "trash" here, and goes out with the regular garbage rather than being recycled or handled separately like in Maryland.

So sorry you are in so much pain, Barbara. Hope you do take it easy today. Glad V can help. It is a shame about V's brother, but sometimes people insist on making really bad decisions. Poor Syd -- glad the Benadryl helped.

Happy to say that we got the two printers to Best Buy with no problems. And, I found the grill cover and bought some produce at a grocery store in the shopping center. We did a bunch of walking, which was good. I went through the shelves in the living room and found a bunch of books to donate and re-organized the shelves. Really looks good. I need to keep on this de-cluttering roll -- way too much "stuff" in this house.

It is very warm here -- made it up into the 90's yesterday (was warmer in Phoenix), and it should be hot again today. I don't mind, but it can be very hot in the car. Today is our travel club lunch, and we will probably go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary unless I get a burst of energy for cooking. We will definitely be going out tonight or tomorrow night (the cook needs a break.)

Hope you feel better and both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1430492720.263941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Happy anniversary, linda..I saw it on fb. Ours is a month from today. Claudia...hope your mouth is ok today. I received the linea lace sleeve sweater but it is going back.it is very pretty but I would not have a lot of use. Glad best buy worked for the recycling.

chprsp1430493426.7874494 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Happy Anniversary, Linda. A break from cooking is always good. I have a bag of books to donate to the library. I just have to remember to take them.

The next few days may see 60's temperatures. Adam starts 2nd shift next week. The dentist had to give an extra shot of novicaine yesterday. Knock on wood no appointment till November. R had a tooth break off last night so is waiting for a call back from the VA dentist.

Poor Syd. I'm glad the Benadryl took care of the hives, Barbara. The sister in MA developed a walnut allergy. On one visit mother looked at her and said - your lip is swelling and your nose is bright red. Anne had bought a jar of sphaghetti sauce, a brand she'd bought before but this time with vegetarian meatballs. She discovered too late there were walnuts in it. Sorry about the pain. Take it easy till the infusion if you can. At least V knows he did all he could for his brother.

sydsgma1430577618.643941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning. Syd had a sleepover last night so m went to pick her up. I want to get the solar lights in...it will be close to 80. I. Saw the temp was 100 I. Phoenix yesterday. Syds recitals star tomorrow...3 of them and then6 in 2 weeks. Her performing line dances tonight so I am going. I just ordered a cute logo top..I like some of her prints. I will be back later.

chprsp1430584076.774494 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Good afternoon. I was over at St. Joe's to recycle just before 8:30 with a suv full. There was already a line of vehicles down the avenue. A bit later R and I picked up the new microwave.

What a lot of recitals Sydnie has, Barbara. I can handle temperatures of 80 but not 100. I plan to try out the cordless mower sometime this weekend. I hope you like the Logo top when it arrives. Do you feel better today?

LindaLatte1430585511.1075231 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning/Afternoon! Glad you got your recycling done Claudia and hope your new microwave. Hope R's tooth is taken care of soon. Hope your cordless mower works well.

We did enjoy our travel club luncheon and dinner out yesterday (same place we went with Barbara and V). Guess I need to figure out what to have for dinner today pretty soon. It is definitely warm here -- not as hot as Phoenix, but it was at least 95 here yesterday. And, that can be pretty hot if you are standing outside in the sun or driving before the AC kicks in. It should be cooler this week -- highs in the 80's.

It is a shame about the sweater, Barbara. But, good idea to send it back if you won't wear it much. Hope the Logo top works out. Syd is one busy dancer. Hope you aren't in too much pain, especially when you attend the recitals. I am very grateful that you suggested Best Buy since I wouldn't have thought about them. I dropped off the books at the library bookstore yesterday. I'm feeling better and better about de-cluttering, but there is so much more to do.

The doctor prescribed iron supplements for DH, and I started him on them today. His DD recommended that he start with one pill a day (rather than two) since iron can be very constipating. It is always something.

I need to pick up another of his prescriptions today as well as go to the UPS store to return a package to Amazon. I bought a lid to fit one of my special water bottles, and it did not fit. I am sort of surprised that they wanted to have it sent back since it was less than $6, but I certainly will do so.

My new little cactus is blooming -- pale yellow flowers.

The big news is that my SIL got a new job -- it will be more money (probably not much), but the hours and type of work should be much better. She will be in charge of social activities at the center, and wear "regular" clothes, etc. Not all the lifting, etc. and working 9-5 or 11-7 rather than the very early shifts she has been doing. She still needs to work some weekends, but I am so happy for her finally getting a break.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1430588052.033941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Linda..there are iron supplements that are. Not hard on the tummy. If dh has problems ask his dr. Or pharmacist.,I do not have any on hand or I would tell you the name. De cluttering is a long process and never ending ...lol. Glad you had a good dinner. It is nice your sil got a better job. Claudia..how iscrs tooth??? Hope you like the new microwave. Linda..I enjoy blooming cacti. Sydnie has a friend over so she is entertaining her self. Enjoy your day.

chprsp1430593764.0734494 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

That's great news about your sil, Linda. R was on iron supplements some years ago. At one point he had iron infusions. Fix one thing and something else act up. At least that's the way it often seems to be.

So far R's tooth isn't hurting. The VA is trying to find an opening to get him in earlier than July.

I went out back to do yard cleanup and found a piece of siding that frames a window hanging. A nail came out. I roused R and we got it back in place.

I haven't tried the microwave yet but I think we'll be pleased with it.

Oh decluttering never seems to end, Barbara. Any flat surface here seems to end up with clutter.

LindaLatte1430664677.125231 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning! Hope both of you are feeling okay today, and your weather is good. It looks nice and sunny outside, and it should be a bit cooler today. I was all ready to go to the pool yesterday when we suddenly had a rain storm. It cleared out later, but then I was busy doing other things. Yesterday wasn't the best for DH -- very disappointing. And, I think he ended up sleeping on the coach for hours. It is difficult for me to keep him going while I am doing other things.

I plan to go to the gym today, but not sure when since church may run late and then I need to help with the pew clean-up. The lady who recruited me for that job said she was planning a little coffee and cookie gathering at her house this afternoon, but I don't know if that is still on, etc.

You are both quite correct -- de-cluttering and cleaning are never ending jobs, but I have let things pile up for far too long. So, I hope to accomplish quite a bit this week -- fingers crossed.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1430665978.2073941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning. I got so warm in the house last night that I had the ceiling fan going last night.,today we are expecting t storms later. M is getting syd ready for the recitals today.mv is staying home..lol. Linda sorry it was a bad day for dh yesterday. I know my sil spent most of her days sleeping after a certain point., my kitchen floor is quite sticky . Don't know what the girls spilled yesterday but I am now cleaning it for the third time.,amie had her prom that she is advisor for, last night. She always does a great job. I left my linea legging capris in at so I ordered a pair for here. Have a wonderful day.

chprsp1430675268.334494 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Sunny and in the 70's. I need to try out the cordless mower later. I picked up more dog treats- something I don't dare run out of. Grain free is difficult to find locally. On the way home I stopped at Taco Bell for burritos. Once home I was trying to decide which was R's. Just then the plate with the wrapped burrito tipped, hit the floor upright but my pepsi spilled on it. At that point I decided it was my burrito. Luckily R was sleeping after his shoot. Now my floor is sticky.

I like the newest sneak peek top in both blue and fushia.

It is difficult, Linda to keep them awake and active during the day.

sydsgma1430752966.8133941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning. I just did a target run to pick up essentials..laundry soap, dishwasher soap and other cleaning supplies and ended up spending $100. Yikes. That is what happens when I am gone for 6 months. I do not think I have bought any household goods for a few months. We had a torrential downpour as I was heading to the recital yesterday. It was difficult driving for a bit.,we are going to Amiens for the weekend. I was going to get my car washed but there is no point since it will just get dirty again.i do not plan on anything big today. I really need my infusion. Will be back.

LindaLatte1430757041.0535231 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Sorry about that deluge yesterday Barbara, and even sorrier that you are hurting. Glad "Amie's" prom went well and hope it is a nice weekend at her house. Youngest DGS was planning to go to his gf's junior prom (she goes to a different high school) on Friday. Hope that went okay.

Oops about the drink spill in the car yesterday, Claudia. We went to a get together of the church pew "tidiers" at our neighbor's house yesterday, and I managed to get chocolate from the chocolate dipped strawberries on my pants. I could not believe all the chocolate that I got on those pants. At least the strawberries were good, as was the gathering. My neighbor very kindly invited DH to attend, and I think he enjoyed himself. Yesterday was a better day for him by the way.

I like that new top as well. and in the same colors. Not sure if I'll be ordering, but I do like the looks on-line.

Yesterday I spent a bunch of time going through my pantry, and I found all sorts of expired food. What a terrible waste. I really need to concentrate on buying perishables and eating them for a while.

It is very cloudy here today, and a bit cooler. But, DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I'll be going to Curves this afternoon. Nothing else "exciting" planned for the day.

Hope both of you have a good day, and your pain isn't too bad today, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1430757641.0274494 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Good afternoon. I need to go through my cupboards too, Linda. Oh I'd have chocolate all over my pants too. One reason I seldom wear light colors. Other than the spill I'm glad you and DH enjoyed the party.

R needs to drive to se PA to pick up something he ordered. It appears I'll be going too- leaving in the very early hours of Friday and getting home that night or maybe Saturday. Adam will be home and having his regular 3 day weekend so that should work.

Barbara, enjoy the weekend at Amie's. Your rain is heading our way. I mowed yesterday using the new cordless mower. It's amazing how lightweight it is. Sorry you're hurting. How soon is your infusion?

sydsgma1430760943.6833941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Linda...I have had that happen with expired food.i will sometimes use it if it is only 2 or 3 months...have read that date is more for stores and we have never had a problem. I have shelves next to the washer where I store extra food but I try to go through it once a month. I hate having to throw stuff out. I have more of a problem with freezer burned meat. Glad your get together went well. When I wear light colored pants, I often get something on them. Claudia, enjoy your trip. My infusion is weds. I am going to do some reading this afternoon. It is a pretty day, but we are to have rain starting tomorrow night.

sydsgma1430838730.2033941 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning...I have to pick up sydnie for a dental appointment in a little bit. Just got back from the grocery store and I am trying to recover from that.i need a new body..lol. We are to have rain the rest of the week. I signed syd up for 2 gymnastics programs. She needs to learn a few tricks..back and front walkover and work on her flexibility. I am looking forward to seeing Amies girls this weekend. I will be back later.

LindaLatte1430842205.5275231 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning/Afternoon! Sorry you are hurting, Barbara. Glad your infusion will be tomorrow. Sounds like Syd will get some good training from those gymnastics programs. Hope you have a great weekend with Amie and family.

DD said that the "bar" class she and DGD are taking at the gym is good, but maybe a bit too much on her ankle. It was all swollen again over the weekend. Meanwhile, her dryer was smoking badly, and it turned out that there was a bunch of lint in the vent hose. My SIL took it out to the backyard to get out the lint, and it ended up splitting. DD spent about $100 at Home Depot to get new hoses, etc. Not fun for her. The kids did enjoy the Avengers movie on Saturday, and the DGS' prom was fine.

Sounds like quite a trip on Friday, Claudia. Glad Adam can help. These weren't even light pants, just very messy lady in them. LOL

DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and now I need to get ready for the senior lunch program. My plan is to go to the gym this afternoon.

I did go through one of my file cabinet drawers yesterday, and I'm pretty pleased. Hope to do the other one tomorrow. Today will probably be too busy.

Nice and sunny here, but a bit cooler than normal. Still great weather.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Page 314 of 314