March Mania Ends Today
107 Members and 18917 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1427849292.933 by LindaLatte

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 308 of 308
LindaLatte1427418029.895133 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Hope there are only one or two kittens, Claudia. But, I expect there will be more. That must have been very frightening to have the tornadoes so close. Glad they didn't hit Whit's area. I definitely think moving the smoke detector is a good idea. I used to have the same issue in my previous house. Wonder why they would put a smoke detector so close to the stairs? Glad you had brunch with your former co-workers this morning.

You have certainly been busy today, Barbara. Hope Syd's dance went well.

DH says he doesn't mind me taking over "his" office. I use a laptop, but I find it helpful to have a place to put it rather than the kitchen island. And, I don't use my lap. I was sitting on a stool that wasn't very comfortable.

There is a ton of work to do here, but I have been too busy today. I did decide to get rid of the chair he uses to store clothes (he used to sit on one chair and use the other for his feet, but now just puts his clothes there). Since the second chair is used as a clothes hanger, I decided to purchase one. Hope the one I ordered from Amazon works well.

My classes were good -- last ones of the term. They will offer some classes in June (four weeks max), and I may sign up for some. Actually, I would rather be out of town since June is very hot and dry here. But, that will probably not happen. Our weather today was great -- made it up into the 80's and sunny. We are expecting hot weather for a few days (supposed to reach 90 degrees), but then go back to the 80's. Sorry it is cold where both of you are.

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1427468934.1874440 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

We have a bit of snow today. I need to do errands shortly. My pie arrived around 9. Last night I saw pictures on the news of Whit's town of Sand Springs after the twisters. It was so fortunate they were several miles away. She was on her way home from school at the time.

Pup had an accident in the kitchen last night. I ended up pulling out a 3 shelf unit to clean up. That meant taking everything off it and cleaning those items. I set several things aside to donate.

I would think the stool would be uncomfortable for any extended computer work, Kinda. You'll be much more comfortable using the office.

sydsgma1427471075.993858 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Still running errands...just back from another target run. Until I go to use something I do not realize there is next to nothing...dish soap, t paper , storage bags etc. syd and are going to te hotel about 3. I am going to take her out os school early. She has 6 dances tomorrow and none on Sunday so she will be in good shape to go to az on Monday., linda..that sounds like a nice space for you. Claudia...glad whit escaped the tornadoes. More kittens....lol. I am not a dat lover. Dogs, yes. Lol. I will post dance results tomorrow. Have a good day.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

LindaLatte1427495337.45133 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Sorry about your weather and the puppy accident, Claudia. Very happy that the tornado missed Whit. Whew!

Sounds like a good plan for Syd, Barbara. Good luck for her tomorrow.

It is nice and warm here -- probably hot outside, but nice and warm inside the house. DH and I had a walk, and came home to a call saying that the potluck scheduled for tomorrow is canceled. The lady hosting the potluck is sick, which is a shame. I know she has tons of health issues, and something hit her hard.

Fortunately, I was able to get in touch about the end of term party, and DH and I will be able to attend. I had decided we would not go since I thought two parties in a row (with food) would be way too much. But, it will be nice to go to one party.

I made a quck grocery run -- lots of specials, and I made some bread (planned to take it to the potluck, but....) Finally worked on our taxes again (Turbo Tax), and I think they are ready to go soon.

DGD and youngest DGS are going to a church weekend at the beach, and the weather isn't nice. But, I hope they still have fun.

Have a good evening!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1427557219.7034440 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I never was much of a cat lover growing up. The cats we had were not people oriented. My Rusty is very much a people cat and seems to like the puppy and several of our previous ones were. Unfortunately too many people consider them disposable. The under the porch cat came within reach this morning I was putting the food in. She actually let me touch her and rubbed her face on my hand so at some point she was somebody's cat.

I hope DGD and DGS enjoy their weekend in spite of the weather, Linda. Earlier this morning it was around 10 degrees. Not pleasant.

Have a good time at the end of term party.

Wow. 6 dances today, Barbara. I'm glad Sydnie has a day to recover before AZ. How long will you spend at the Grand Canyon?

TT seems to be telling Griffyn about stunts to pull. Amazingly he can reach the kitchen counter standing on his hind legs. TT was sleeping on the couch when Griffyn saw a small space was left and climbed up and squeezed in.

LindaLatte1427562085.4475133 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Your fur babies certainly keep you entertained/busy, Claudia. I don't consider myself much of a "cat" person either, but I think that would change quickly if I adopted one. Although the one our neighbor adopted would have to go back to the shelter since he bites them, jumps off shelves and breaks things, etc., etc. He is pretty, but I wouldn't be able to put up with that much trouble from a cat. Which is ironic since I put up with a lot from dogs.

Can't imagine it being that cold at the end of March, Claudia. Hopefully, it is a bit warmer for my grandchildren. We are expecting record highs today (92 degrees), and it is already pretty warm/hot out. I'll take it.

I finished up on our taxes, and went ahead and filed. Turbo Tax lets you set up a payment from the bank up to April 15, so I picked April 1st. Seemed appropriate -- LOL.

For breakfast I made blueberry pancakes -- inspired by an ad for a club breakfast I saw at Curves. We had a nice walk, and I saw preparations for a wedding or wedding reception one of our neighbors is hosting. It is a "destination wedding" for a couple from Iowa. Looks nice so far.

Hope you don't get too worn out from watching all of Syd's dances today, Barbara, and she enjoys herself.

Also hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1427575129.544440 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Too many pick for looks instead of personality in pets, Linda. I think it's warmed up to about 30 degrees. I'd settle for half of your 92.

sydsgma1427642826.883858 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
I am recovering from the dance competition..we were there for 12 hours. Yikes!!! Sydnies performing scored platinujs and a first place for ballet. That is excellent. She did well in her solo..it was a big stage ..scored high gold. Two of the mothers of kids in her line, made a coon wnt that she overheard that the other tapper from her group was much better than sydnie. M got wind of it and reported it to her teacher. Who told the owners. They all gave her a big pep talk and privately reamed out the 2 moms. They are very jealous os sydnie because they wanted to do a duet with her and were told no by m and the owners I can't stand haters when it involves children. My bronchitis has come back ..hope the heat will make it go away. Today is Amies birthday..she was 5 weeks early and was 4 and a half pounds when I brought her home. I need to run to the grocery store to get something for dinner. Will check back later.

chprsp1427665834.6034440 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Barbara, that's great news! Sydnie must have been so tired- 12 hours. A shame some people never mature. I hope Amie has a wonderful birthday. she was a little one back then like a friend's daughter. I'm sure she soon made up for it. Whit was 3 wks late- in August. 7 1/2 pounds exactly 5 pounds more than her father.

Adam has the animals chasing a red laser dot.

I'm sorry the bronchitis has reared its head again, Barbara. I hope the warmer weather helps.

LindaLatte1427677332.8775133 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Sorry to be so late in checking in -- a busy day here. We went for a walk early (nice weather), then I went to church, the gym, made and ate lunch, and then went to a play -- very cute. It was sort of based on the "Golden Girls", but with a local focus. One of my buddies drove, and we sat with another friend. Came home to put the chicken in the oven, but I'm afraid dinner may be late. Oh well....

Glad Syd did so well with her dances, Barbara. What a shame about those mothers. DD has heard some nasty stuff when sitting in the football stands, but I don't think the boys (players) heard it. Also sorry your bronchitis has returned. Hope the sun does help.

Happy Birthday to Amie. DD was just four days late, but she weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces. I wasn't small either. I was pretty plump as a baby, but the "baby fat" did go away by the time I was five or so.

I have heard about "laser tag" Claudia -- I guess that is what Adam was doing with the dogs? They probably enjoyed it.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1427740584.2334440 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I had lots of errands this morning so am late getting on the computer. It's mid 40's here and the sun is out. Surprising since rain and clouds were predicted. Tomorrow is a VA trip to have the growth on R's thumb looked at. I rescheduled Adam's appointment tomorrow as there is an open house at the same time at a local company Adam is interested in. Wednesday is the local clinic for followup on R's tia.

Glad you enjoyed the play, Linda.

The new keypad lock is on the front door The previous one would quit working with no warning. This is a better brand. It is convenient not needing a key.

I'm not getting much done this afternoon besides chasing after Griffyn who like TT will grab something and run with it.

Barbara, I hope you and Sydnie have a good flight.

LindaLatte1427742336.1775133 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Glad you got your errands done, Claudia. Also glad you have the new keypad lock. DD got one recently for the door between the garage and kitchen which is the one they use most often.

We are having some clouds and sun, but plenty warm. I think it will be cooler (in the 80's soon), but today we are expecting 90 degrees or so.

I met a lady at Beall's to borrow a book she had (latest Maisie Dobbs), and I did look around. While I considered a pair of white capris, I think I already have some, so no purchase. After that, I went to the storage room -- mostly took "winter" clothes back, but I picked up a couple of summer things.

Since my insurance money was in an account with zero interest, I transferred it to my regular account. That took three business days. So, today I transferred some money to a savings account I have and the rest was used to buy a CD from a credit union. They were having a special rate for their CD's, and I decided take advantage. Still, the interest rates are pathetic. All this high finance (ha, ha) certainly takes time.

DD said it was cool/cold there over the weekend, but the kids had a pretty good time at the beach. DGS was very tired this morning, but it was a school day for him. DGD is taking time off until next week when she will start her accelerated program.

Hope your fight goes well Barbara, and Syd has a very nice visit. I saw a very cute little girl on our walk. I think quite a few grandchildren are visiting here during their spring break. Middle DGS is having his spring break this week, but youngest DGS' break was canceled due to all the snow days, and oldest DGS already had his.

I definitely should get to some cleaning today, and I'll be going to Curves this afternoon.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1427743275.1033858 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
We made it safely to phoenix. The plane had personal video on the back of the seat so she watched a movie and played some games. The temp was 88 when we got home. I have a hair appt this afternoon so v can entertain her.. Lol. We will go to the pool, Grand Canyon , an old time gold mine and the zoo. I had better get my energy level up..lol. Linda..that play sounded like fun...there were lots of kids on the plane. Good luck with the appointments claudia. I think you should be getting warmer soon. Have a good day.

LindaLatte1427812609.4235133 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning! We are about to take a walk, but I decided to check in first. Hope the appointments go okay today Claudia.

Wow -- you have quite a schedule, Barbara. Hope your energy level keeps up. It was pretty hot here yesterday, and it even was pretty warm when we went to bed. I had to take off all the covers. And, even DH got a bit too hot yesterday afternoon.

We have the senior lunch program today, and I plan to go to the gym in the afternoon. I may stop at the grocery store as well, but maybe not. There are a few weekly specials that are ending today, but perhaps not worth the hassle.

I did some much needed cleaning yesterday, and I found there is so much more to do. That means I need to keep off the computer so much and working much more. And, one of the things I have decided is that we need new kitchen cabinets. There are a number of reasons, mostly functional rather than appearance. I have had some drawers repaired a couple of times, and they are broken yet again. Very frustrating. And, when our neighbor/builder took out some cabinets, he ended up making holes in a couple of those that were left. We also have one cabinet that has a crack in it. So, I don't feel like just changing the doors would do anything to help. Guess they just used "builders grade" cabinets when they built the house in the early 1970's. Anyway, I am not looking for beautiful, custom cabinets, but I really need to have new ones put in. I'll need to find someone to do the job, but I also want to get the wall repaired and stones out front replaced. Kind of hate to spend all the money on the house, but then again, it needs doing. And, we spend lots of time here.

Hope both of you have a nice day and don't overdo it.

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1427817049.1573858 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning..syd wants to go to the pool but that cannot happen for an hour.,I am going to have to keep her covered in sun screen because it is very hot.. Thank goodness for ac. Linda..Che k out Home Depot or lowes for cabinets. We did not replace ours at home because they are hardwood. But our contractor told me to look at both those store.,they also install. Syd and I were in bed by 7:30 last night. We will do the zoo early tomorrow. E crept for the cough, I fel fine. May have to get it checked out sooner rather than later. I will be back later.

chprsp1427840721.4574440 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Back from the VA and tired. What a trip. Between 7 and 9 AM we got 4" of snow. We left shortly after 9 and roads were unplowed and it was still snowing. R who has a lead foot drove at 38 mph. All the surgeon did was look at the thumb and say he couldn't cut the lump out. Ordering some salve and a protective bandage. Why the gp at the clinic couldn't do that is beyond me The roads were slightly better driving home but I didn't go over 45 mph.

I had hoped to stop at Wegman's on the way home but the roads were too bad.

If we ever tear out the current cabinets Lowe's is where we'll check, Linda. It definitely needs done. My first priority though is new fencing. Our cabinets probably date back to the 60's.

Good idea to check the cough, Barbara. Enjoy the zoo tomorrow.

I hope to go to bed early tonight.

Griff headed for TT's dish the same time as TT, sassed TT who backed off.

LindaLatte1427849293.6275133 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Hope your cough goes away, Barbara, and you enjoy the zoo. Thanks for your advice about the cabinets.

I think I will start with my neighbor/builder to see what he thinks about the cabinets. I don't know if he has time to work on them, but we have looked at cabinets at Lowe's with him, so I suspect that is where he would buy them (or maybe Home Depot). He re-did the countertops, put in the backsplash, etc., so maybe he can figure how to replace the cabinets without having to replace all the other things he did. If he is too busy or whatever, I will probably check with Lowe's or HD to see if they can send someone here to do measuring, etc. I need other things done -- like the broken wall, but I might as well get an idea of the cost/time for cabinet replacement. At this point, I have two cabinets that don't close, which is really not good.

Sorry you had such a difficult drive, Claudia. It does seem like the gp at the clinic could have saved you a lot of trouble. Hope you do get to bed early. It is pretty funny that Griff made TT back off.

I'm feeling a bit tired myself. Work was okay, but a bit tiring, and then the gym wore me out.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Page 308 of 308