Give Gorgeous
125 Members and 12600 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1414773066.497 by chprsp

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 283 of 283
chprsp1414162465.0534206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Barbara, so sorry to hear about M. That must be so frustrating. I'm glad the prednisone is really helping.

Adam did go to work today. Has reserve Saturday and Sunday. Then next week a 4 day training. We will need to come up with funds for travel, lodging, and meals. Hopefully reimbursement will come through. A pity they don't just set up cots at the training center. I do hope he can get seen at the VA. After Iraq he was a different person even though he wasn't in actual combat.

R is off to hunting camp. The VA has upped his insulin.

Someone from the water company is coming this afternoon. Back in July they did an upgrade to the meter. They say they haven't been able to get a meter reading since that time and have had to estimate the bill.

The mulberry poncho arrived this morning. I haven't tried it on yet. Beautiful color.

LindaLatte1414168202.7274716 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Very sorry to hear about M Barbara. How frustrating. Glad the prednisone is working. Hope you can enjoy your cruise despite worrying about what is happening at home.

I bet that poncho is pretty Claudia. Hope it works out for you. I'm glad Adam shared his depression problems with you, and I really hope that he can get some help. My SIL has major depression issues, and it is difficult to keep things in control. You are making me nervous about my Army DGS. Hope he is okay.

It seems like R has so many medical issues Claudia. I know that means that you have so many because you have to worry about him -- make sure he takes his medicine, etc. Not an easy job. Hugs. Hope the water company can figure out the problem.

DD had a very sore back yesterday, and I urged her to go to the chiropractor (and transferred the co-pay money). Hope that she is better today. Meanwhile her "new/used" washer is leaking. I'm beyond frustrated with that whole thing. I know that I have spent at least the price of a washer already. A repair guy will be coming today or tomorrow.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1414170423.6074206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Was there any warranty with the washer, Linda? I'm guessing it was a reconditioned one. So far (knock on wood) no problems with the Whirlpool. I think in January we will have had it 2 years.

Adam feels guilt for not being in combat though he was in a combat zone. It certainly wasn't his fault they changed him from combat engineer to quartermaster.

LindaLatte1414267401.334716 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Afternoon! I think the washer was some sort of special deal from the repair guy, and only had a 30-day warranty. He no longer works for that company, etc., etc. Long story short, DD ended up buying another new/used washer from someone in their church. They got a good price on it -- the people are moving and the washer was only four years old (Kenmore). I certainly hope it works for her.

The parade this morning went well -- hot, but I wasn't wearing something on my head which helped. Also, I rode on the float rather than walked along side of it as I did last year. DH was fine in the SUV pulling the float.

DH's surgery has been moved to next Thursday, and we need to be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. Since the hospital is pretty far away, I think we will need to leave at 4:30 -- yikes! It also means that I'll probably miss "class", and we won't be able to go to the potluck on Friday. Oh well......

I've started the laundry and plan to do my financial stuff later.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1414269114.4534206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I hope the washer works well for DD and family, Linda. It should being only 4 years old. I'm glad the parade went well and you didn't have to walk this year. A shame DH's surgery was rescheduled and is so early in the day. At least it's only a few days later.

Lots of laundry- R's and Adam's and then mine. I hope if Adam's room is a bit organized that will help. I just stopped at WM after dropping a bag off at the SA and bought a plastic bin to hold sheets. Also replaced his socks which really needed it. I also carried a bin of summer clothes to the attic and brought winter clothes down.

I did order the tsv as our vehicles are in the driveway. Hope it works. On the plus side I have till the end of January to return them.

Barbara, I hope you are enjoying the cruise.

sydsgma1414333244.453580 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
We are in a very smooth Caribbean sea...it is like glass. It has been a nice cruise...we could not get into grand cayman yesterday because the swell was too high. We had no plans so it was fine with us. I have hurt my back...lifted a heavy suitcase the wrong way. And exacerbated it last night when I sat in a bad chair. Oh wel...am walking gingerly today. Linda...Hope the washer works out for dd. sorry tat the surgery got pushed ahead. Good you survived the parade...dh looked cute as batman. Claudia, I had a windshield cover for my car and it really made a difference in scraping. Hope things have settled at your house. Talked to. Briefly yesterday and she seemed better. ()))hugs))))

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

LindaLatte1414341063.1934716 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Very sorry you hurt your back Barbara. Do take it easy. DD needed two chiropractor sessions to feel better. I think she had done something to her neck which caused the back problem. Glad M seems better, and the water is so smooth.

Hope things are going okay with you Claudia.

I posted a picture from the parade on FB -- this was in the local newspaper. I look small, but part of that is the angle. Spiderman in the picture is the head of the whole organization -- he really wasn't crazy about that costume since it was so tight, etc., but he did a good job. The Batman pictured is a blind man who goes to the senior lunch program. Very nice guy named Joe (and very good sport).

Tucson reached a record high temperature for the day yesterday (95 degrees). We were lucky to have the parade early. It should be cooler the next few days, but 90 degree highs are expected on Thursday. This is late in the year, but..... The nights are getting cooler, which makes sleeping easier for me.

Need to get ready for church now. Hope to go to the gym later. Nothing else exciting planned.

Hope both of you have a nice day, and you feel better Barbara!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1414352687.844206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Wow, 05 degrees, Linda. A good thing the parade was early.

I'm late posting as I concentrated on laundry, Adam's room, garbage, and raking leaves. Dusting will just have to wait.

Sorry you're back is hurting, Barbara. The wrong chair can really make a problem worse. I'm glad things seem better with M.

I still have one laundry basket of Adam's to fold and put away. After that I need to start the meatloaf.

chprsp1414365700.714206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Adam got home reserve. Next weekend's training was cancelled as they didn't have the funds. He says the unit is being downsized and people may need to transfer to different units depending on openings.

LindaLatte1414427462.5934716 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Claudia -- I certainly hope things work out for Adam. I'm getting a bit nervous about Army DGS based on Adam's experience. But, not much he can do about it. You accomplished enough yesterday -- dusting can wait for sure.

Hope your back is better today Barbara, and M continues to improve.

The hospital called this morning, and they wanted DH to come for pre-testing tomorrow. I got that changed until Wednesday morning since tomorrow is the senior lunch program, etc. I have a "class" on Wednesday, and I may miss it depending on how long the testing takes.

Nothing exciting going on here today -- thank goodness. We had a nice walk this morning, and I have a few groceries to pick up today, especially ice cream for DH. I'll go to Curves this afternoon.

I bought a rosemary plant and a cactus plant from the garden club on Friday, and those are planted. I probably need a larger pot for the cactus, however. I also found a pair of "walking/running" shoes at a special sale on Friday. They are the "Brooks" brand, which I haven't had before, but they seem to fit okay, etc. I couldn't pass up the deal -- $10. I saw on-line that those shoes sell for nearly $100, and get good reviews.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Ordering any Linea today? I'm really tempted by one of the tops, but I'm sort of low on money right now. Also, it is a total "want" rather than need.

chprsp1414428086.864206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Great buy on the shoes, Linda.

I do think the amount of downsizing in the units is a mistake in the long run but...

Adam home again today. His dad noticed a dent on the back of the truck. That's all he needs right now.

I need to find where I put the a/c cover. Also clean the fireplace screen.

Already ordered my Linea. The one Byzantine (I think that's what it is. It is the new one) style top is gorgeous. I know- aiding and abetting.

Barbara, I hope you're feeling better today. I had difficulty sleeping- both hips hurt. Then 2 cats decided I should pay attention to them.

sydsgma1414434975.1073580 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Will try a quick post. We are leaving Cartagena..had a good tour but it was pouring and i could not believe the standing water in the streets. We enter the Panama Canal at 6 30 tomorrow so we are going to get up early to see what we can. It is a 50 mile transit but will take all day. No linea right now...lol. Linda..loved the Halloween pics.

chprsp1414448095.7574206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Oh how fascinating tomorrow will be, Barbara.

I hate the end of Daylight Savings. When it gets dark I feel it's bed time. A low key day today. I'm resting from all the work this weekend.

sydsgma1414508431.7673580 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
They opened up the bow of the ship so we were out a 6.... My back was hurting too much to stand so at 7 30 I went to breakfast and the up to the crows nest. We just got thought the first set of locks and it is 10. There is a line of ships to enter and exit. It will take all day....very hot and humid outside so we will stay to view.have a great day.

chprsp1414510980.7434206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Sorry your back is still hurting, Barbara. What a sight.

Nothing much here. Rod's Kindle about 4 years old just quit. So I will loan him my Fire till it's replaced. The va is messing with benefits again. Linea asymmetric sweaters in olive and the purple should arrive today.

We may have snow by the weekend. Out to the grocery then to pick up another pair of jeans for Adam. He only had one pair.

LindaLatte1414511811.0974716 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Sorry about your back Barbara. Glad you were able to see the opening of the lock, despite the long wait. Good idea to stay indoors when it is hot and humid out. Thanks for your comments about the parade photos. I'm very glad we participated.

Too bad about R's Kindle Claudia. Hope you find some nice jeans for Adam. Also hope he is feeling better.

We will be going to the senior lunch program today, and I hope to go to the gym later. A nurse from the hospital called yesterday, and we had a long and nice talk. According to what she said, DH should be in pretty good shape when we leave the hospital. Hope that will be the case. He will need to cut back on walking for a while, but he does need to do some walking as well as resting when the operation is over.

DD told me that my SIL made a mistake when he installed the new washer -- put a hose on incorrectly. They had a huge flood, and she used every towel in the house. This happened on Saturday, and she was just finishing up the last set of towels yesterday afternoon. Of course, he felt bad about it, but.....

I had just ordered two Bob Mackie tops which made me think that I shouldn't order the Linea one, but I put it on "check status". I'll probably end up changing it to the credit card since I think it is very pretty.

Hope you feel better Barbara and both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1414523344.164206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

What a mess that must have been, Linda. Water everywhere.

R wanted me to check the thrift store for jeans for Adam but I couldn't find any in his size. I did find 2 at WM so he has 3 new and the one pair he already had. I checked on line thinking I might order more of the brand (the one pair he had left). It's a made in the USA company by a couple vets. However those jeans were $95 (!) purchased when he was flush with money.

A good thing Louis doesn't have any more shows until January. If it's the top I'm thinking of, it's beautiful.

sydsgma1414593883.3133580 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Happy birthday, claudia. Glad you found some jeans for adam. Linda...good luck with dh tomorrow. That must have been quite the flood for dd. the seas remain calm. Tomorrow is Costa Rica..we have a tour that i think I can do. I know the bed is contributing to the back issues.

LindaLatte1414596800.6234716 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Happy Birthday Claudia! Hope you have a very nice day.

Sorry your back is still bothering you Barbara. I have heard very good things about Costa Rica.

Need to get ready to take DH to the hospital now. Hope the drive isn't too difficult, and we don't have to wait too long for the pre-testing.

DH slept very little last night, so I'm a bit tired. I did make it to the gym yesterday, and we walked this morning.

Again, Happy Birthday Claudia, and hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1414601515.014206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Hope the hospital drive goes well, Linda. Sorry about the lack of sleep.

What a shame the bed contributes to the back issues, Barbara. Hopefully you can do the tour tomorrow.

Back from dentist full of novocaine, gauze, and a few stitches. Adam stayed home today. R is at bowling.

chprsp1414716442.384206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Hope all went well today, Linda. Barbara, I hope your back is at least a bit better.

Got Adam off to work this morning through a combination of nagging and begging. He does have an initial appointment scheduled. I woke up at 4. By 5 I was still awake so reluctantly got up.

LindaLatte1414717322.234716 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Going to the dentist on your birthday Claudia -- yuck! Hope you will do something fun for your birthday. Sorry about Adam feeling sick again, but glad you got him to work today. Hope his appointment goes well. Not fun waking up so early when you don't need to do so.

DH's surgery went well according to the doctor, but DH isn't very happy to say the least. I don't think he realized that there would be pre-operation time, etc. Also, the catheter is pretty much driving him crazy. We are very lucky that the doctor will take it out tomorrow morning rather than having to wait for Monday.

We got home from the hospital pretty early, but then I needed to pick up DH's medicine, etc. I decided to go to one of my two "classes" later this afternoon, which was good Anyway, sorry to be so late in posting.

Sorry you weren't able to take the tour today Barbara, but hope your back is better now.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Last edited on 10/30/2014

sydsgma1414770120.1773580 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Linda..glad dh did well. Catheters are not pleasant..so good he can get it out today. Claudia...may things get better with adam..it is hard. Hope your mouth is okay. We are docking in Nicaragua. No tour today...my back involves the sciatic nerve and th ra complicates everything. I won 1000.00 on a slot machine last night. ??have a great day.

chprsp1414773066.9574206 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Great win, Barbara. Sorry about the back. I did get Adam off to work eventually. He said he wa going but... It may have been my pestering that got him up and moving.

Linda, once that catheter is out DH should feel much better.

Chilly here. About 40 degrees. I went out and got dog food. I was fortunate in my timing as the dog food had recently arrived. When I went in I didn't see any and was worried but it was in the back of the store still on pallets.

Wednesday I had a call from a friend I grew up with. Her dad fell the beginning of the month and refused to go to the hospital till the next day. They immediately transferred him to Erie where he's been in icu until this past week when the transferred him to a care center. Still unconscious but off the respirator. In a couple weeks they hope to move him to a local nursing home. Poor Bev has been frantic, taking her mother back and forth plus trying to get her driving a bit so she can take herself to the hair dresser and store. He's 87 and I think Dot is probably 5 years younger. Good thing Bev retired this year. A very busy time of year for her husband who processes deer. He's a former butcher.

Page 283 of 283