Christmas in July(R) Sale
30 Members and 10619 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1406217310.493 by LindaLatte

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 268 of 268
chprsp1405792465.94080 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Whit moved late evening to a regular room and now I see she's waiting for discharge. As it looks now she'll be on blood thinners for 6 months. She was very pleased Adam called her during a break at reserve. For now she'll need to get up and moving around hourly. When they moved her to a regular room Mike and the boys were waiting there with flowers and a card.

Great photo of Syd and the baseball.

Sam kept his wrap on overnight.

Computer was acting up this morning. Rain again. I flipped the twin mattress in Adam's room and started 2 loads of laundry.

LindaLatte1405795485.1134465 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Sounds like pretty positive news on Whit Claudia. Glad Adam called, and SIL and the kids were there with flowers, etc. Also sounds good about Sam.

sydsgma1405800491.3733408 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Great news on whit, claudia. I had a friend years ago who had a clot issue while on birth control. Linda...not surprised your lawyer is working fast. Hope you will have good news soon. Is your dizziness getting better??? Not hot here yet but tyehumidity is creeping up. Havea good evening.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

chprsp1405804009.1174080 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Whit called after getting home. They stopped at Walgreen's to get her blood thinner and found Walgreen's never input their Aetna insurance. Based on the Walgreen's club card they would have charged $400!. Instead it was $45. She's very tired.

Glad the lawyer is working quickly, Linda.

sydsgma1405877185.793408 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
I was surprised to see the time. I must be more tired than I thought because I again slept past 8. That is very late for me. M is in crisis again..I am using some tough love to get her to shape up for syd's sake. The ac will go on soon. Claudia..great that whit is home. Hope things go well for her. And glad Sam kept hisbandageon. Chicken and hot potato salad for dinner. I will be back.

chprsp1405878076.7474080 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

So sorry to hear M is in crisis.

Again Sam kept his bandage on. Finally I got him to eat- buttered baked potato topped with dog food. TT has been rolling on his back kicking all 4 feet in the air.

I made cauliflower soup for supper last night but R decided to spend another night at the range. Usually it's better the second day. I picked up a rotisserie chicken earlier.

I'm trying to get a few things done besides everyday chores. Adam will get back late tonight.

LindaLatte1405887707.144465 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Afternoon! Sorry about M being in crisis Barbara. The dizziness is reduced lately, but I still have some dizziness. Hopefully, it will go away completely very soon. I'm pretty impatient to be completely well, but I know I am very lucky.

Happy Whit is home, and hope all goes well for her Claudia. Glad Sam kept his bandage on and ate something.

Sounds like both of you have dinner ready for tonight. Not true here. I wasn't happy with the chicken rice soup I made last night, and I am not enthused about tonight. I'm sure I'll think of something, but....

I made it to the pool yesterday afternoon, and I had a nice swim. Today I went to church and then DH and I went to the gym. I'm a bit worn out from that, but..... At least the rest of the day should be peaceful. I have some ironing to do, but that is about all.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1405954185.33408 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Hot and very humid today. Glad we are going to a movie rather than a pool. My cleaning lady is here so the house will be clean . Infusion tomorrow. Poor amie had a kidney stone issue last night and ended up in the er. She now has to wait to pass it. Her mil is therebut I know she does not want to stay for more than a couple of days so I may go to watch the girls. Ms therapist made a housecall last night ands and her fiancé are back together. I told her how stressed this was for her dad and me and syd and she really needed to straighten up. I think it helped. Linda, glad to hear that the dizziness is getting better. You were in a pretty serious accident and it takes time. Claudia does your soup have cheese in it. I do not think I have ever had cauliflower soup. More later

chprsp1405955391.374080 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Sorry Amie has a kidney stone issue. Eileen had one years ago. So painful. I hope tomorrow's infusion goes well, Barbara. Thinking of M and hoping things straighten out.

Cheddar cheese soup is one of the ingredients for the cauliflower soup.

Linda, I'm glad the dizziness is getting better.

I took Sam for a short walk and 2 houses short of home he decided he had enough and laid down. I'm glad I was able to get him up and moving again. Stubborn boy wouldn't eat once we got home. I'll heat it up again later.

LindaLatte1405956654.3874465 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning! Hope M does listen to you Barbara. It must be so stressful on the rest of you. Glad the cleaning lady is there and hope the infusion works without too many side effects/headaches. Today should be hot here, but not too humid. Does sound like a good day for you to go to the movies. I know that kidney stones can be very painful. Hope that Amie feels better soon.

Hi Claudia. I can just see you trying to get Sam up from lying down. I had the same problem with DD when she was little, and also with my Mom's dog. Fortunately, DD was small enough so that I could pick her up without a problem, but Mom's dog was a handful. Hope Sam does eat later.

I have physical therapy this afternoon, and I plan to go to Curves later. This morning I plan to go to Wal-Mart and also buy some produce. I don't care for Wal-Mart's produce very much, so I go elsewhere.

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

LindaLatte1406047872.1274465 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning/Afternoon! Hope your infusion went okay Barbara, and you are doing okay as well Claudia.

I received a voicemail message from my insurance company yesterday -- the other driver's insurance company has accepted liability (I think that is what they called it), and they will pay my insurance company for the car. I'll get back my little deductible. I contacted the attorney, and the paralegal said she knew about it -- she had spoken to both insurance companies in the morning. Wow -- talk about fast action once I talked to an attorney!

DGD loved her meteorology class at the college, which is great. DD said they had a call from the Army guy on Saturday -- he won a markmanship contest and was able to call. She said he sounded very happy.

Physical therapy and Curves went well yesterday, but my front/back ache returned. I'm trying to deal with it the best I can with a painkiller, etc. No one can figure out my problem, and I really don't want to go through all those tests again. This is particularly true since I'm still dealing with my accident issues.

DH will be coming with me to the senior lunch program today, and I plan to go to the gym later.

It is already pretty hot here, but our walk went well.

Hope both of you are doing okay.

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1406049233.843408 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Back from my infusion and yes I have a headache. Amie is still in a lot of pain but she does have a urologist appt this afternoon. Hope they get it out for her. She does not want me to come up but contingent on what happens today, I may go. It is cooler today but I am leaving the air on. Az is looking at a heat wave I think. Linda, that is great news about the lawyer. I would guess he is going to as for some pain an suffering $$$. That is how they make their money. Great news about the grandkids. Claudia, v 3 had a huge dog about 150 # who loved to go for walks but would get " tired" on the homestretch. One time he did that to me and there was no way I could lift him. It was pretty hilarious to say the least.

chprsp1406066528.694080 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Great news about the insurance, Linda.

Hope Amie gets some relief at the doctor's. Barbara, I hope this infusion really helps you. Back from VA and then Sam's appt. He took the bandage off overnight and then the replacement while we were at the VA. He now has a super bandage. With luck it will last till Saturday AM.

Paddington our 1st newf. laid down while several blocks from home when a puppy. This was about 1987. Weighed 40 odd pounds at the time.

Wiped out after the various appts and errands on the way home.

sydsgma1406129381.213408 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
It is a beautiful morning...I am thoroughly enjoying the porch/sunroom. My headache is pretty bad so I am not doing too much. V is taking sydnie to the county fair. And m has bronchitis so she is home too. Poor amie found out that she cannot pass her stone so has to have lithotripsy done. They put you out and submerge in a tub abd use sound waves to break apart the stone. She is on a waiting list at Fargo so I called and got her in down here. Hope they can do something tomorrow. Linda..Phoenix is to be over 110 today. I posted on the other thread I wanted info on the car rental site jean used. Absolutely no interest in the TSv today..claudia how long does Sam have to be bandaged??? Will check back later

LindaLatte1406132785.774465 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Glad it is so nice there Barbara, but sorry about your headache. It was pretty hot this morning when we took our walk, and it was before 6:00 a.m. They are saying we will "only" get to 105 degrees or so due to clouds and possible rain later. Thank goodness it should not be as hot as Phoenix. Hope Syd enjoys the county fair. I used to enjoy the one in Maryland, but I haven't been to the Arizona one yet.

I remember hearing about the lithotripsy years ago. My ex had kidney stones before I knew him, and he said they were so very painful. Hope that Amie gets quick relief tomorrow.

Jean did post the website for that car rental place yesterday -- don't know if you saw it, but.... Sounds like it is a sort of catch it when you can sort of deal, but hope you get lucky.

My back really bothered me at the lunch program yesterday, and I left half an hour early. DH did have a good time, and ate lots of desserts. He will come with me again next week.

I came home and took medicine and used a heating pad. That made me feel okay to go to the gym.

This morning, the pain came back after breakfast, and I'm sitting with the heating pad on my back until I need to leave for physical therapy. Not fun.

Hope Sam is keeping on his bandage, and you got some rest yesterday Claudia.

I hope to go to get my hair cut after physical therapy, and go to Curves this afternoon. Nothing else to report from here.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1406134965.8273408 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Linda, sorry you have that pain again.i know you have been checked out but it reminds me somuch of the pain I had from my gallbladder. Feel better. Glad dh is enjoying the lunch get together so much. Amie called crying because she was in so much pain..I do not think they will let it go on much longer once she is seen here. So I ran to the store to get some things her girls like to eat. Kaylie is at camp so I will only have Miley and Kaia to watch. Need to find something for lunch.

chprsp1406140273.934080 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I'm so sorry for Amie, Barbara. I'm glad you were able to get her in where you are. Much easier on you that you don't have to drive up to her town. I hope that headache eases up.

Yesterday it was 92 degrees. Today nearly as hot with rain expected. It started raining as I mowed but stopped before I finished the back area. Once I got the mower started I wasn't stopping. I waiting for the person from the water company. They need to do meter maintenance and are to be here between 2 and 4. R has gone back to bed.

Sam's wrap is still on. It may come off Saturday but now the picky eater is refusing to eat.

Linda, I hope your back is improving. Bonnie used to have good results from Joint Formula on her shoulder and R feels it helps him with his back and hip.

I just made the final payment on the Scottish tour. Whew!

CouponQueen1406142559.9374145 PostsRegistered 10/21/2010

LindaL..I am sorry you are still dealing with the back pain but maybe you need a sort of take it easy week or two to let whatever you did heal properly.

Go to PT but maybe you need to take a break from Curves and short walks.

It may just start to heal a bit and all that extra exercising could be irritating whatever the issue is...and then if in a week you still have the off/on pain she your MD...for recommendations.

Just don't overdo it..rest and heal. Soft tissue injuries can take a good while to heal.

Good luck!

sydsgma1406216157.793408 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Amie just got down with her sound blast surgery...the dr told v she had a lot of stones so needs to drastically change her diet. I am so glad I got her in because she was going to have to wait until Monday. Kaia was pretty upset that mommy was not here, but she settled Dow after a bit. Linda, have you tried arnica cream yet???m is feeling and acting a lot better...my headache is very manageable today. My niece had to put their 5 year old springer spaniel down because of kidney failure. Claudia..when do you leave for the south??? I loved Scotland when we visited.will check back later

chprsp1406217016.4074080 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

So glad you got Amie in quickly. Waiting till Monday would have been agonizing. Glad Kaia settled down for you.

Sam got the cone off last night. I'm reluctant to attach to the collar because you can't get it off quickly if needed. Still not eating well.

It's so sad to have to put a pet down years early. Years ago we lost a young cat to kidney failure.

The 11th. Adam will be home. Will probably board Sam as he'll need exercised.

In 04 we only Saw Edinburgh, Gretna Green and one other place. Not nearly enough but it was England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. In 07 we did an in depth tour of Ireland.

Linda, I hope you're feeling better today.

LindaLatte1406217310.4634465 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Glad M is so much better and your headache is manageable today Barbara. Also glad Amie is finishd with her surgery. Hope changing her diet isn't too difficult for her. What will she need to change? Just curious. I remember that my ex was told to drink plenty of water, even if it meant going to the bathroom at night, etc. And, I think there was something about cranberry juice.

Sorry your niece had to put down her young dog.

I have been using the arnica cream ever since the accident. In fact, I have gone through more than one tube of it. It really did help with my accident pain, but not with my back, unfortunately.

Thanks for your concern CouponQueen. I finally called the doctor this morning. The physical therapist spent most of yesterdays session on my back. And, it did seem to help for a while. After that, I had my hair cut -- that was overdue to be sure.

Wish I were going to Scotland with you Claudia. DH is starting to talk about trips overseas (not sure that would work), but he ruled out England and Scotland. Boo. Hope that things are going okay there today.

The weather was better on our walk this morning, and there are no "must do" things today. DD said that college DGS has registered for class, and mostly paid for school. He is still waiting for a grant of $1,000, but that should come through soon. If not, I'll need to transfer some more $$. Meanwhile, DGD is interested in art and chemistry classes for kids at the college this fall. I'm amazed, but happy about her choices.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Page 268 of 268