TSV(R) Preview
124 Members and 15444 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1416581751.6 by chprsp

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 286 of 286
chprsp1416168504.514235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I got a bit more sleep last night. Supper is in the crock pot. Meanwhile I hauled a dilapidated 4 drawer chest out of the attic. Not a large or heavy one but awkward to move. Hopefully it will be picked up with the garbage tomorrow. R is sleeping in the recliner and both dogs are sacked out. Dishes are awaiting me. It's damp and chilly outside. A good day to stay in if possible. R spoke of bowling a few games but is still sleeping.

LindaLatte1416172811.864762 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Afternoon! Glad M is happier Barbara. Hope you enjoyed church and Facetime with Syd.

Definitely sounds like a good day to stay indoors Claudia. Happy you got some more sleep last night, and dinner is cooking away. I haven't really decided what to prepare.

We had a special church session today -- only one service (rather than three), and outside under a tent. They asked us to park elsewhere if possible since the tent was put up in the parking lot. So, I complied, actually walked quite a way. It was downright chilly in that tent, and I think we are only getting up into the 60's today. It is supposed to go down to into the high 30's for the next few days -- not a welcome change for me at least. I know that it is still much warmer than many places. But, I think I'm becoming used to Arizona weather.

They had a lunch after the church service, but I came home since I needed to make lunch for DH. Actually, we went to the gym first, and then had lunch.

Oldest DGS finally got his Birthday card and check yesterday -- better late than never. Looks like I need to mail things at least a week ahead of time.

Nothing exciting planned for the afternoon. I need to pick up a couple of prescriptions, and buy some milk. Also need to do some ironing.

I will probably buy a small turkey breast for Thanksgiving, and I make the sides we like (sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, refrigerator rolls, etc.) My stuffing usually gets good reviews, but neither DH or I are that much into stuffing. The positive is that I just prepare things we will eat, but I would prefer to be with family or friends. Oh well....

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1416250934.7874235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Heavy slushy snow today. Lucky there's not much of it. Adam went to work this morning. The garbage people took that 4 drawer small dresser or cupboard. I'm very glad they did.

It sounds down right chilly for your area, Linda.

Driving past the downtown area this morning I saw lots of empty parking spaces. People are not happy about meters being installed especially those in front of the post office and library. 10 cents for 6 minutes at the post office and a maximum of 30 minutes by the library.

I did end up taking R to bowl a few games yesterday. 3 turned into 6 games. Of course he was very sore afterwards.

sydsgma1416253214.5033606 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
It is only 65 here...very nice weather for me. M called ..syd is sick and it is very cold there. I ventured out to kohls...I had a lot of pain but managed to get done what I need to do. I spent an hour ordering letters from Santa for the kid lets...they are pricey but they have been so thrilled with them .,they get a package with a personalized letter, autographed pics of Rudolph and Santa and some other goodies. Stil have to do a lot of online ordering. Claudia..Hope you do not get too much snow. I am trying to get some laundry done...v is off getting some work done on the SUV.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

chprsp1416255327.3174235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

We will get that cold later this week, Barbara. Too bad we have an Erie trip Thursday. I'm sorry about your pain. I'm sure that doctor appointment can not come soon enough.

I think I will send our copy of Tolkien's Father Christmas letters out to Whit and Family. I bet the kidlets are thrilled with the Santa kits. Hope Syd feels better soon.

LindaLatte1416258575.9474762 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Afternoon! I'm pretty mad at myself right now. I thought I had class today, and rushed around to get there in time. DH wanted to go to the library, so I had to leave a little earlier than expected. Long story short, the class isn't until tomorrow afternoon! I misread the reminder, and put the wrong date on my calendar. It is just a one day class, and I think I will not be able to make it tomorrow. First of all, I have my volunteer job to do, so the timing isn't the best. Also, the class will be given near the senior lunch program place, but I will need to take DH home and drive back. It is very doubtful that I would make it on time. And, to add to it, the plumber is coming tomorrow afternoon to drain the hot water heater (get out sediment), and winterize the outside faucets. I really can't leave DH here alone to deal with the plumber.

I don't know why I put the wrong date on my calendar, but that is how it goes.

Sorry Syd is sick Barbara. It is pretty cold in Maryland, and alternating between snow and rain -- yucky. DGD isn't feeling well, and college DGS' car isn't working. It is always something. DD plans to call the garage and how the car towed in there. Hope the car can be fixed for not too much $$$.

It was quite cold here this morning -- 34 when I woke up. And, it was only in the low 40's when DH and I took a walk. It is probably in the 60's now, but tonight should be cold again. Definitely feels cold to us, although I know that other areas are much colder.

Glad Adam made it to work Claudia. That seems pretty expensive for parking at the library and post office. They didn't charge for either place where I used to live, but some nearby libraries did have garages and charged for parking. DD's library charges for parking, and is inconvenient to boot. I know people around here would be very upset if they charged for parking or limited parking at the library. Many of our winter visitors go to the library to use the internet, and I know they spend a lot more than 30 minutes there.

Sorry you are still in pain Barbara. I'm sure the kids will love their Santa cards and gifts. And, sending that book sounds very nice Claudia.

DD told me that Army DGS blew all his money in South Carolina, and she even had to pay $300 to keep his account up. I think it was mostly X Box? and the tattoo. Oh well, he has to learn I guess.

I plan to go to Curves later. Nothing else exciting on tap.

Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1416260277.9073606 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Linda..hate when I have the date wrong. I was at our community Monday morning meeting when my phone went off for a pedicure I had forgotten about. I did not go because my toes are still good. I have an appt for next wed..they called with a cancellation, thank goodness. I think many kids toss money away when they are first on their own. I was lucky mine did not but we did a lot of financial education. Hope dgd is ok. I bought a warm robe at kohls..did not have one here.

chprsp1416276723.1774235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

DGD will learn, Linda though sometimes it takes a while. At least it did with Whit. Tell him to stay away from signups for magazine subscriptions. She got stuck with that after getting a phone call after a sleepless night and didn't cancel within 3 days. Hopefully Adam will go to work tomorrow. He no longer bowls with his team.

It's too bad you had the wrong day for your class. Wish I could forget Wednesday's dental appt. but no such luck. I got the Cruze scheduled for inspection Friday. I should see about scheduling TT for grooming.

I hope the car fix will be inexpensive.

A warm robe is good to have, Barbara even in Arizona.

sydsgma1416331750.3773606 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning..I ventured to the grocery store to get a few items v could not find. I almost did not make it out ...leg pain was awful. I am glad that I have the appointment a week earlier. I am guessing I have a ruptured disc from past experience. So I came home and ordered gifts for the kids from Amazon. I need to finish out the 3 older girls...am awaiting lists. Will go to choir practice for something to do. V is playing cards all day. What is your weather like Claudia??linda..Hope your volunteer stuff goes well. More later

chprsp1416332090.6874235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Oh Barbara, that's terrible. I'm glad you're being seen a week early.. Any store shopping try to use a cart. Not that I follow that advice.

12 degrees this morning. It's supposed to go down to 7. Adam went to work 2 hours later than usual.

Hope your volunteering goes well, Linda.

sydsgma1416347152.693606 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Claudia...I had to take a pain pill to recover..I will use a cart after this..if I can find one. There are lots of older people here this time of year. A few of my friends have volunteered to help but I am pretty independent. Lol.

LindaLatte1416409176.784762 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Finally able to post! Hope you are okay today Barbara. I know it is difficult to accept help, but please do so if you need it. I remember not wanting to have help after the accident, but then I realized that others really wanted to help. Makes sense because I know that I get pleasure out of helping others. Off my soapbox.

I hope your dentist visit goes well Claudia, and you are able to get to the grocery store, etc.

Today should be quiet, I hope. My plan is to go up to COSTCO and to Curves later.

It is pretty cool here this morning (high 30's), so we are waiting to take our walk in a few minutes.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1416414316.124235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Very chilly this morning (in the teens). Off to the bowling soon. Adam went in to work though later than usual. I'll check back later.

sydsgma1416420647.043606 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
I gave in and turned the heat on for a while this morning..It was 63 in the house. That is a little chilly for me. V cleaned and did the floors this morning...he is a good guy. I did more damage at Amazon...just have kaylie and Miley to finish up. Nothing to do today...I knit,mead and try to keep myself entertained. I play bridge tomorrow and will go to choir practice at church tomorrow night. Claudia, hope you did not get too much snow. Linda, good to get things winterized, we do not wrap our pipes...no one here does. Have a good rest of the day.

chprsp1416431604.564235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

6+ inches of snow expected tomorrow afternoon. It's a good thing the VA appointment is in the morning. At least we didn't get Buffalo's storm. This morning found the missing cordless phone down the back of the recliner. When I sat down and leaned back I heard a dial tone. I hoped to grocery shop at Wegmans but when leaving bowling we found the roads were slippery.

LindaLatte1416501107.6874762 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Hope you didn't have trouble getting to the VA today Claudia. The weather in Buffalo sounds unbelievable. Sorry you couldn't make it to the grocery store yesterday, but good idea to get off of slippery roads.

I find 63 degrees in the house pretty cool as well Barbara. And, DH is very sensitive to the cold. Fortunately, it was a bit warmer this morning -- not warm, but..... We didn't wrap the pipes before we had the pipe freezing problem a few years ago. We had record low temperatures (18 degrees), and the pipes froze up here. We were very lucky that the pipes didn't burst, but I remember standing outside in the cold trying to thaw out the pipes. Started with a hair dryer (which did not work), but hot water did the trick. Several of our neighbors had burst pipes and flooding. Last year was mild, but I just don't want to take any chances.

Sounds like you both have quite a few plans for today -- hope all goes well. DH and I took our walk this morning, and I plan to go to Curves in an hour or so. This afternoon I have my last two "classes" for the semester. Classes start again in February.

DGS' car and my SIL's truck are repaired, but it certainly as not inexpensive for me. Oh well.... DD said that the local papers had some stories about the Reserves deployment, and I am hoping that they were accurate. They said that the troops won't be deployed until spring (maybe March), which is a lot better than December.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1416509975.3433606 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Back from bridge..v came in high and I was low so we got some money...about 5 dollars. I am going to do some laundry this afternoon..I can manage to do that. I am getting very tired of not being able to do anything... But tell myself this too shall pass. Did FaceTime with sydnie last night..her wish list for Christmas is s little extravagant so will figure out some alternatives for her. M has strep so was not happy. We think sydnie is a carrier...her mom gets it a lot during the winter. Linda. Hope dgs is deployed later rather than sooner. Claudia hope your weather is not too bad. That storm is unbelievable in upstate New York. Have a good day.

chprsp1416581751.774235 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

No chance to post yesterday as Adam was on the computer by the time I got home. The roads weren't too bad. After the appointment we stopped at their urgent care to check R's thumb. He had clipped and cut into the thumb nail which promply got infected. Back Monday to have a surgeon check it. They had no record of lab work to be done so that wasn't done.

Page 286 of 286