Better Than Black Friday
100 Members and 12087 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1417048080.93 by LindaLatte

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 287 of 287
sydsgma1416767690.4673621 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning...back from church. I do like this one here so much. I was able to stand for long enough to sing so may try choir next week. The turkey is thawing in the fridge...glad I have a 12 pound one with the girls coming. I am almost done with the body of kaylies sweater. Need to get it done so I can star Kaia's. Nothing exciting today. Will check back later.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

chprsp1416771328.3174243 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Our turkey is thawing in the fridge too, Barbara. I remembered this morning I needed to move it to the fridge. Not much exciting here either. It's near 60 so the ice is melting. Back yard cleanup done and garbage is out. Tomorrow it's back to the VA. I'm glad to read standing at church went well for you, Barbara.

Linda, does DGS know that with his military id he gets 10% off at Lowe's year round? If DD and family have to get anything there they might want to have him pick it up.

LindaLatte1416773037.994774 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Afternoon! I would normally be in the gym at this time, but my back is hurting so I am passing for the day unless things improve dramatically. Last night was very rough -- my stomach hurt, etc., and I ended up sitting/laying next to the toilet for quite a while. Not that anything happened, but the pain was intense. At least that pain is gone.

Glad you could stand okay in church Barbara. I was miserable at church this morning, but it was a very good service, and I managed to make it through. I can't imagine dealing with the pain you have -- you are a very strong woman.

I bought a turkey breast yesterday, but it is in the freezer. I may take it out later today or tomorrow morning. Glad your turkey will be large enough to feed the family Barbara.

Hi Claudia -- hope your weather is okay and your trip to the VA goes well tomorrow. Also hope Adam's appointment on Wednesday goes okay. I will let DD know about the Lowe's discount. They have a very nice Lowe's nearby.

Not very good news about the water, unfortunately. Neither the plumber or I could find leaks in the house, but he said the galvanized? pipe going from the meter is old and bad. So, it needs to be replaced. Since he is leaving town for two weeks, we will need to wait until he returns. That will be pretty close to the time we are supposed to go to Maryland. But, he can do the job without us being here. He said that he can't tell at this point, but it is possible that some/all of the pipes under the floor in the house need replacing. I really hope that is not the case. He estimated $500 for the outdoor pipe fix. I told him I am starting to wish I lived in an apartment and someone else could take care of all these problems. Not really, but....

The heating pad is really helping my back, so I hope that I will be pain free soon.

Hope both of you have a good evening.

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1416773624.2573621 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Linda..Hope you are feeling better by now. I alternate ice and heat on my leg...not that it helps. I think I am getting used to the pain...lol..now my ra needs to be good. Lol. Claudia...it looked to be warming up in your area..not good for buffalo. Good luck at the va tomorrow. Linda...sorry about the water problem...we had a leak but it was in our drip system for our cacti and was an easy fix. Have a good rest of the dat.

chprsp1416786794.494243 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Hopefully you're feeling better by now, Linda. Fran always said to alternate heat and ice. Fingers crossed the water pipe fix is within the estimate.

TT is carrying his stuffed bear around. That darn Bo. If he's out and can't find his squeaky he pulls the plastic downspout off and parades around with it.

sydsgma1416849522.533621 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning. It was 40 this morning outside and 64 in the house so I turned on the heat for a bit. I really do not like being cold when I am at home . I do better here than in mn...whe it is below 10, I am not turning down the heat...lol. I was going to go to kohls ..have some kohls cash to use but decided not to push the back thing. I am trying to think of things to do with my girls that do not involve a lot of walking. The zoo is always fun and I can rent a cart there. Needless to say, I am very frustrated with this back deal. Claudia..Hope your va trip goes well. Linda, are you feeling better today??? I just called the car service I use fir mollie and syd...the msp airport parking can be very difficult over holidays. More later

LindaLatte1416877251.1174774 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Evening! Sorry to be so late in posting. Thanks for your ice and heat recommendations -- it did help some, but I still have some pain. This morning, I didn't feel a bit hungry, so we went for our walk in the cold weather before breakfast. I know it might be warmer than many other places, but mid 30's feels cold to me. Anyway, I was about to go out to pick up a couple of groceries (and some of those menthol patches for my back), and I had diarrhea. That was awful. Anyway, I took it easy, and we went out later. After a late lunch, I took DH for his podiatrist appointment. It went quite well, and the doctor said he should come back in three months. This pleases me since I really don't like to have to try and cut his toenails, and he still has some fungus. Yuck!

My back was hurting a bit, but I took a naproxin sodium, and then went to Curves. Fortunately, Curves went well.

That must be something with Bo carrying around the downspout Claudia. Hope the VA visit went well.

Good idea to find places where you don't need to walk too much Barbara. Also, to arrange for the car service at the MN airport.

DD said the party went pretty well, but youngest DGS was sick the next day. He had run out of his inhaler, but didn't mention it. So, she needed to pick up his refill. Meanwhile, my SIL had to go into the office rather than work at home since his bosses' Mother had fallen and hurt herself. So, the boss went to South Carolina. My SIL will need to go to work (quite a distance away) all week (except Thursday, of course.) But, I guess he is lucky that this is the exception rather than the rule, and the price of gasoline is relatively low.

We are expecting our coolest weather since last January -- below freezing tonight. Fortunately, it should be much warmer by Thursday.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1416930456.2934243 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Heck I lost my post. Arghhh!

I hope you are feeling better, Linda. At least you were still home when you had diarrhea. It's great your sil can often work from home.

Adam is home today. It's about 38 degrees here and won't get much warmer today. Yesterday, driving home we saw double rainbows. One very bright and defined, the other a bit muted. At first I thought I was seeing double. I stopped at Wegman's on the way to the VA. It was so windy I nearly was blown over in the parking lot. High wind went through this area after we got home and took down a traffic light outside of town and a tree several blocks away from us.

I'm glad you're taking it easy, Barbara. Colder temperatures probably don't help the back pain.

TT has stolen my chair again. He's still pouting knowing R gave Bo an egg and bacon for his birthday.

LindaLatte1416950298.5234774 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

A double rainbow sounds great Claudia, but those winds sound awful. Glad you didn't get blown over. Yikes! Your dogs are so funny. I guess that TT doesn't understand about birthdays. Your weather would not suit me to say the least. I was cold all day yesterday, and the heat came on last night. But, today it is warmer, and it should be close to 80 degrees on Thursday!

My volunteer job went well today, but another volunteer quit. High turnover to be sure. I have been doing this for about 3 1/2 years, which I think is the longest among the regular volunteers there. One of the older ladies has been helping for ages, but she doesn't do the "regular" work like I do. The director had her college-aged daughter there today, and her daughter helped, which was good. There was fun music on the radio, and the director and I ended up dancing as we were cleaning up (to "Footloose".) She also was singing (she is a country western singer and does that on the side.)

I'm still not feeling 100 percent, but I am better and plan to go to the gym today. Youngest DGS is feeling better, but he stayed home from school today. Fortunately, they are off for the rest of the week. Hope Adam feels better.

Also hope you are feeling better Barbara. I feel so badly for you. I certainly hope the doctor can help.

Hope both of you sleep well

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1416954097.813621 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Busy day...v talked me into playing 500, a card game this morning and it was good to get out. Then we had a 3 hour choir practice. In between, I made the dressing and baked brownies and I am paying for the standing now. Took a mild pain will that will eventually help. I do not expect a lot out of he dr visit tomorrow because I know that I will have to have am MRI and that will not happen tomorrow. Claudia..we sometimes have winds like that at home and it always makes everything colder. Tt is a hoot. Linda, glad you are feeling better. I sometimes feel guilty about not volunteering but rationalize it with remembering that I gave of myself to thousands of students and their families. You are a good person to do what you do. Have a good evening.

chprsp1417020735.8934243 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I did post late yesterday but it looks like it disappeared.

Pies arrived a bit ago- still warm. Full size strawberry rhubarb and a pumpkin.

I hope your appointment goes well, Barbara.

Linda, I hope your back is much better.

sydsgma1417035796.6933621 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Back from the dr...v took me out to lunch. I have lost 3 pounds since this started...lol..Not a good way to lose weight. The dr said the nerve is pinch but I need an MRI to confirm will do that next weds and then see her on Friday. She said if it is, she will try some injections and if the do not work, I will need surgery. I am not worried yet. M called in a tizziie...wish I knew what was fact and what was fiction. It will be an interesting weekend. Claudia..your pies sound good. V is going to have to get a pumpkin one if he wants it. Amies sil is a rod an and fields rep, so I am giving amie a kit for Christmas. She would not spend that money on herself.that finishes up my shopping. Yay??

chprsp1417040667.74243 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Finished shopping? Good for you Barbara. Fingers crossed for the mri results and injections. I'd settle for a nice calm weekend and I'm sure you would too. What a way to lose weight. Adam left for the VA before 3. I don't expect him home before 7 if then. It's getting foggy.

LindaLatte1417048081.2674774 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Nice that V took you out to lunch Barbara. Not a good way to lose weight for sure. I was very upset when that happened to me after the accident. Hope the injections work if you have them, and you don't need to have surgery. Also hope things are quiet, but nice this weekend, and M is okay.

You definitely don't need to feel a bit guilty about not volunteering Barbara. I found it extremely difficult to do volunteer work when I was going back and forth between here and Maryland. For one thing, a lot of organizations didn't want part-time volunteers. And, I had trouble getting into the groove. It wasn't until we moved here full-time that I felt comfortable with volunteering. Also, if your health isn't 100 percent, volunteering can be extremely difficult.

Glad you are finished with your gift buying. Good for you.

Those pies sound delicious Claudia. I need to make a pumpkin pie. Probably won't happen until tomorrow, however. Hope that Adam makes it home from the VA with no problems.

My back isn't great, but I did make it through the lunch program and Curves. Hard to think about dinner, but..... I may have something quite simple like canned soup and ?????

It was quite a production at lunch today -- we had a very good band (old-time songs), and the blind vets were great as were my fellow volunteers. I made the mistake of stopping by the grocery store for milk and eggs on the way home -- can you say mobbed? I had to park so far away it was ridiculous.

We had a late lunch, but DH was fine with that. I love it that he is so laid back, particularly compared to my ex. Every holiday was so stressful with him, particularly if we were hosting.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Page 287 of 287