22 Members and 17895 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1432687266.59 by Sydsgma

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 318 of 318
Sydsgma1432562733.2533995 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
It poured rain all night...no planting today. I am glad we have nothing planned for today. My cleaning lady is due in an hour. I think the infusion finally kicked in. My dr said that when a dose is missed it can take some time to get things going again. Linda...enjoy your dinner. I am sure the cheesecake is yummy., claudia, whit sure had some significant injuries. Yikes. M said she is not feeling too badly. The anti viral med helped a lot. I will be back later.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

LindaLatte1432564637.9335301 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Glad the antiviral medicine helped M, Barbara. I know it is important to have that treatment as soon as you find out you have shingles. Glad you didn't have any outdoor plans for the day since you had all that rain. Seeing the flooding pictures from Texas, etc., has really upset me. I am glad that Kathleen (other thread) is okay, but her area is such a mess. Happy the infusion is finally starting to help. I guess it makes sense that it takes time when a dose is missed.

Nice and sunny here, and not too hot. They are predicting that this is the last day of our "below average" temperatures, and it may be above average by the end of the week. I guess that is to be expected around here, but not fun when it is so very dry and hot day after day which is usual in June.

Hope your holiday is going okay, Claudia and the dogs and humans are behaving themselves. Will R be home today?

DH and I will take a walk in a little while, and then I'll go to Curves. No exciting plans for me except for the dinner -- we are up to 14 people now, and they have a "pasta bar" at the restaurant.

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1432570362.6574528 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Barbara, I'm glad the infusion has kicked in. I haven't checked FB except very briefly. Like Sydnie my sister Eileen had a lot of stuffed animals. Poor M, I'm glad the med has helped.

Linda, I've seen a few pictures but not many of the Texas flooding. Awful.

Yesterday my afternoon/evening took a downtown when I discovered a fist sized squishy lump on Griff's shoulder late afternoon. I decided it couldn't wait till Tuesday and managed to get hold of R to go with me thinking it would be dark before I got home. R was still in his muzzleloader costume. The nearest emergency vet is 60 miles away. By the time we got there Griff had been carsick and the lump was at least doubled. They checked vitals and blood work, did an ultrasound and drained the seroma after sedating him. Also shaved the shoulder to check for bite mark or puncture which there weren't. Said he could have bumped it or it could be a reaction to his last shots but that was 9 days ago.

Tomorrow I need to call his vet and get him checked (some swelling today) and make sure the microchip is still in place.

What a ride home. I had made sure R had some food but on the way home he kept asking what road we were on and when I suggested he stay home and go back to the rendezvous in the morning he said he didn't have a container for his contacts. He hasn't had contacts for 10 years. It was quite a ride. Made it home about 11. No cleaning/organizing today.

LindaLatte1432571253.915301 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Oh, what a horrible afternoon/evening you had, Claudia. I certainly hope Griff will be okay, and R improves. It really bothers me when DH can't remember things, like where we have meals, etc. But, at least I know what is causing his problems. Hope that R's problems are curable. Hugs!

Sydsgma1432571790.6773995 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Claudia..that was a horrible ride. Was rs blood sugar off...?.....I hope griffy is ok. May things be better today. ((((()hugs))))))

chprsp1432577151.0474528 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

His blood sugar shouldn't have been off as we went through the Taco Beell drive thru while waiting. But his gastroparesis may have affected it. When we got home I remembered the glucose meter was at the rendezvous.

I took R because night driving and I don't mix. I can handle in town but never could have made it back from Erie on unlit roads. You can't exactly take a doped up partially house broke puppy to a hotel.

I did take out pet insurance on Griff but found the yearly deductible I picked is $750. With yesterday's trip and seeing his regular vet I'll probably reach that. At least I didn't choose $1000 or $2000 as the deductible. It doesn't cover regular visits just accidents and injuries. I also need to mail the claim form to the emergency clinic. I discovered they need to complete it.

Sydsgma1432650692.8373995 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning...it would be nice to see the sun. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 80s. I will believe it when I see it. I see my hairdresser this morning...I may have her take all of the color out. My gf has let hers go natural and it is beautiful as is yours, linda.,I can always re color. Claudia..I am okay with night driving unless it is raining heAvily. Our roads are very dark and I find it hard to see in those conditions. There is better lighting in Phoenix. The floods in Texas are terrible. Grand forks had a huge flood when amie and vyrn were is school. Vyrn said that he stood outside watching the after come up his street and decided to go rescue his sister in the middle of the night. They had to drive around the flooded area to get out and it took an extra 2 hours. There has been a flood abatement system put in after that happened. I will be back later.

LindaLatte1432655018.6275301 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Hope it does warm up there, Barbara. You wouldn't have that problem if you were in Phoenix, but then again it would probably be too hot and sunny. They are predicting our first 100 degree days this year will come on Sunday or Monday. We have had a cooler than usual May, and I have to say it has been nice. We had our dinner out on the a patio of the golf club/country club restaurant yesterday evening, and it was absolutely beautiful.

I am starting to dislike night driving, which bothers me since DH doesn't drive at all. I think it is mainly that I am totally out of practice. We rarely go out after dark, and it is very dark around here since they don't allow many street lights, etc. (this has to do with "dark skies" and observatories.) You do get a great view of the stars, however.

Sounds like a very scary drive you had, Claudia. I hope that R is okay as is Griff. The price of veterinary care can be very high, at least you have some insurance, but....

Funny thing Barbara, I am still keeping hair color as an option despite not coloring my hair for eight years or so. While I don't dislike my natural white color, I do think it makes me look older. That is not necessarily a good thing. If I do go back, it would probably be a light blond color. I have gotten pretty lazy, so I am not sure that I ever will color my hair again, but.... One of the ladies in my newcomers club colors her hair dark brown, and it doesn't look nice in my opinion. She will turn 80 in August, and she does look younger. But, I think the contrast is too great.

All that flooding in Texas, etc., is horrible. That must have been very frightening for V and Amie.

DH and I had our walk, and we will be going to the senior lunch program this morning and the gym this afternoon.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1432655743.0874528 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I called our vet's office and was told to bring Griffyn right in. They admitted him for surgery and I left to the sound of mournful howls.

The flooding in Texas and Oklahoma is terrible.

A former coworker who is 68 colors her hair black. It's quite long, thick (I wish mine was) and curly. I do think it adds years to her.

How scary for Amie and V, Barbara.

It sounds like a very nice evening with dinner on the patio, Linda.

I'll try to get back later.

LindaLatte1432659293.3735301 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Oh, fingers crossed for Griffyn. I hope his surgery goes well, and he recovers quickly.

chprsp1432661677.3434528 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Still waiting for a call. I reminded them that Gt. Pyrenees are sensitive to anesthesia.I gave them copies of the treatment given at the emergency vet.

We had a power outage a bit ago. Fortunately the power was only out 30 minutes or so.

Sydsgma1432666861.6173995 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Claudia..keep us posted on griffy. Linda, read how nice your dinner was last night. It is now pouring rain so I have turned on the heater. I had many highlights put in my hair and will pursue the growing out process. My hairdresser said she would always add some highlights or lowlights. Linda, I think your hair is beautiful.

LindaLatte1432674067.0175301 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Please do let us know about Griff, Claudia.

Thanks, Barbara. Many years ago, when my hair was darkish blond, I used to color it light blond. Anyway, when I decided to stop coloring my hair, I had my hairdresser take out the color, and then she added color which was light brown. My hair grew out lighter than the color that they added. This time, I just stopped coloring my hair.

I only tried the highlights once at home, and that was quite a chore. I think it is best to leave to a hairdresser. I'm sure your hair will look nice.

chprsp1432678894.5174528 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Griff is home. He is to keep his wrap on till Thursday and is to be kept calm and quiet so the fluid doesn't build up again. That will be very difficult. Surgery cost? $35. True, Sunday's $644 included the ultrasound, blood work, and meds. If this hadn't happened on a holiday weekend and he'd gone to his regular vet I'm sure the bill would have been 1/3 of that.

Years ago I colored my hair a few times. I stopped after mother had radiation for skin cancer on top of her head and the doctor told her not to have her hair colored or permed. I really like your hair, Linda. I always liked Fran's too.

LindaLatte1432683367.85301 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Glad Griff is home, and good luck with keeping him calm and quiet Claudia -- what a task! I know the emergency vets can be quite expensive, but that is certainly a huge difference. Now I guess it won't be worth filing an insurance claim, correct?

My SIL needed a medication check, and DD said that the doctor did bloodwork and told him not to drive until after his next visit (next Wednesday). He also wants him to see a cardiologist soon. Then, DD took DGD to the minute clinic and found that she has a bad sinus infection. Hope things improve for both my SIL and DGD. I am sure DD is very worried.

Sydsgma1432687224.3273995 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Linda...poor dd...but better to have things checked out before something happens. Cardiologists are very good about prevention.

Sydsgma1432687267.13995 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Claudia..glad griffy is home...good luck with keeping him calm.

Page 318 of 318