Dooney & Bourke
93 Members and 16587 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1419124949.607 by chprsp

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 291 of 291
sydsgma1418848952.0373661 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
That was mighty fast, claudia. Maybe Santa was doing a test drive. Got my infusion...now am awaiting the headache. Hope Adam follows through.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

chprsp1418865803.7474280 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Got him out the door and on his way for a 5:30 appt. He got home a bit ago. They will mail his prescription and he has a follow up appt. in January. That's a relief as I wasn't sure what to do if he didn't go.

Sorry about the headache.

We have wind and a bit of snow. It feels so much colder because of the wind.

LindaLatte1418867882.4634833 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Hope your headache isn't too bad Barbara. Glad you got your shoes already Claudia. Also happy Adam made it to his appointment.

The luncheon went late -- we met at 1:00, but were not served until 2:00. I'm finally finished my weekly "financial review", and I have gone to Curves.

Light dinner tonight after that late and big lunch.

Sorry about the snow and cold Claudia. It is really raining here, and feels pretty cold to us. Arizona weather wimps to be sure.

sydsgma1418921102.7773661 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Back from getting my port flushed. We are having fun with just one car. Not..I have to run some errands and v needs the car until 1. My headache is there but just annoying at this point. I am working on creating less chaos in the house also.,cannot believe the way m lives. Claudia, my TSv shoes are still in process..lol.nothing else here..linda, that was a late lunch yesterday. Talk about lunch,,I would love to meet you for lunch next month...we like taking road trips so heading your way would not be a problem. I think we deserve to meet in person. And would like to meet dh..v is very quiet and reserved so I think it could work out. Claudia..you should join us..I have lots of room at my house.. I will be back.

LindaLatte1418932924.1334833 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Afternoon! Sorry you are having trouble dealing with one car Barbara. That is certainly not something I used to like, but now that DH doesn't drive, it is fine. Glad the headache isn't terrible, but wish you didn't have one at all. It would be great to get together next month. We have a few things scheduled (doctors, luncheons, etc.), but I'm sure we could work out a time/place. Wouldn't it be great if Claudia could come as well?

Our weather isn't that great, but at least it isn't freezing cold. We had rain off and on a lot yesterday, and today it is extremely cloudy and cool. We may get some more rain this afternoon. DH didn't join me on the walk today -- he really doesn't like walking in the rain. But, fortunately, it didn't rain while I was walking.

I'm planning to take DH to the library while I'm at Curves so he will have a chance to get out.

Hope things are going okay with you today Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1418933616.434280 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Many errands today including the cu. Online Whit thought she was transferring funds from her local bank to the cu acct. Her computer still had our acct. info from when they paid us back for loaning them the townhouse deposit when they first moved to OK. Funds went into our acct so I stopped in and deposited them back.

They plan to get a Subaru Legacy. I'm not sure what year.

I hope you two can get together. What fun you'd have. Doubtful for me with more dental work coming up.

I had hoped straightening up Adam's room might help him but it's back to its previous state. I hope the prescription when it arrives helps though I'm sure it will take a couple weeks.

sydsgma1419004595.7973661 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning..I have laundry going...not fun going up and down stairs. I was on my feet a lot yesterday..the pain was there but it was tolerable. I see my rheumatologist in Monday so will see if he has anything to offer. We have just a few gifts left to wrap for tomorrow. I want to go get some wine to take with. Linda..when I get back will figure out a time to meet..would a Monday work??? Claudia...m lives in chaos...I think that reflects the state their mind is in.when she is good she keeps things picked up. Glad you got the money figured out for whit. Our mail was messed up again so we missed an insurance payment. I was pretty upset when I talked to the supervisor. Apparently someone canceled vs forwarding.we have most things on line and will see if we can get our insurance payments switched. I am frantically knitting syds sweater. Lol. I will check back later.

LindaLatte1419007092.0434833 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Claudia -- glad you were able to get the money back to Whit. I hope that Adams medicine helps, but it will take time. Sorry that puts extra work on you.

Also sorry about your pain Barbara, but glad it was tolerable yesterday. Hope your rheumatologist can help. That is a shame about M living in chaos. Hope her mind settles down soon. In general, Monday works for me, but not January 12th. What a shame about your insurance. We do pay most things on-line, but I know that some places (like our trash company) don't offer that option. Not sure about the house insurance, however.

It is cool here -- only in the 30's this morning, and high expected to be in the high 50's. The house isn't insulated well at all, and we are such weather wimps. LOL

My plan is to go to COSTCO later this morning -- hope it isn't totally mobbed, but I have a few "needs" -- much less expensive to purchase some items there.

College DGS got a "B" in his computer science class (had an 89), and he is very upset. Not at all like his Mom in the grade department. So hard on himself if he is less than perfect. DD and I are hoping he keeps pushing and graduates either this August or at least at the end of the Fall semester. I think he is very eager to get started working.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1419092487.3174280 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Thought I posted yesterday but if I did it disappeared. I'm glad you have an appointment Monday, Barbara.

DGS reminds me of my college roommate, Linda. She was devastated to get a B.

Last night I dreamed Peek cat was back and there were birds in the house. A mourning dove perched on the ceiling fan, an English Sparrow, another sparrow, and a bird that was yellow (guess I do dream in color- lol). I was trying to get Adam and R away from a basement project to get the birds out of the house. Also Whit showed up in the dream as well having driven from OK with a friend to Christmas shop. There was a grassy slope going up to a 2nd floor window and lots of kittens outside wanting in. Very odd dream.

Nothing wrapped yet The only things to wrap though are the Kindles. Mailed Jamie's money in a card. Whit already has hers. I found some games on Amazon for them also and ordered them yesterday. Everyone else wants Amazon gift cards.

LindaLatte1419105788.54833 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Afternoon! That was a strange dream Claudia. Glad it wasn't a nightmare. I am down to money and/or gift cards for the most part, and those were left with DD and family. I can't think of a thing to give DH, nor for him to give to me. No problem -- less stress for me.

Hope you are feeling okay today Barbara, and I also hope the doctor can help you.

The volunteer brunch this morning was nice -- very good music. My "boss" used to be a professional singer (and guitar player), and still does perform with her husband and a couple of other guys on the weekends. It is mostly country/cowboy/gospel music, and they are very good. The "big boss" also performed -- he is more of a folk singer with a guitar. They give us gift bags -- mostly candy, and it was nice seeing people from the other days of the week, etc.

Shopping went okay yesterday -- not as crowded as I feared. I purchased a small, boneless ham for Christmas, and a few New Years themed items for when DH's daughter and family come on New Year's Eve.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

sydsgma1419117407.6073661 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
We are at amies...the kids are so cute and all had fun opening their gifts. We got sydnie a magic kit that has been a hit wi the 3 older ones. Linda..how nice dh's dd and family are coming for New Years. V has to have some minor surgery for his cancer so we will be coming back at the end of January.,it is much more cost effective to do that.,I claudia, hope your day has gone well. Have a good dvdning

chprsp1419124950.214280 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Enjoy all the kids, Barbara. Sorry V needs the minor surgery.

Linda, that's wonderful that DH's daughter and family will be with you for New Year's.

I made meat loaf for supper. Both dogs are sleeping and R is watching the Lone Ranger. I'm not impressed by the movie.

When sorting papers yesterday I found a page I had torn out from a magazine about children's educational board games. That's when I decided to order them for the boys.

My brother has posted several pictures from Laos on FB. Not sure when he'll get home. The latest were of a waterfall near the Cambodian border.

It's not 8:30 yet and I'm ready for bed. Hopefully no dreams of birds.

Page 291 of 291