Spring & Summer Beauty
97 Members and 14230 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Reformed Shopaholics

Started 1268172567.513 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1398014842.353 by LindaLatte

Good afternoon!

Barbara are you home yet from Vegas?  How is Syd doing?

Whitney called earlier. She locked herself out of her house when taking Dylan to the bus so had to call a locksmith. Not the greatest way to start the day but at least the weather was good.

TT has been grabbing things and taking off at high speed. He mearly got the Kindle a while back.

Fran, what are you up to? I hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Hippo, Jules if you're reading, Cheryl, Bonnie, Sandy and everyone else.

Page 252 of 252
LindaLatte1397844972.284210 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

So far I'm having ham, asparagus, and probably scalloped potatoes. Not sure about dessert -- may just have the cookies and fruit. I don't think Claudia is making Easter dinner since both Adam and R won't be home.

DD said that according to the mechanic, the brakes on the old car were very dangerous. She was literally praying out loud on the way to the garage. College DGS has a date tonight -- glad he is getting out with other "girls."

Happy you made it to Target this morning Barbara. I went to Safeway after the travel club, and the roads were packed. Guess some of our winter visitors haven't left yet. LOL There weren't too many people at the travel club, which is a shame because it was an excellent program.

Hope the bug guy made it there and sprayed away the critters.

chprsp1397859068.663916 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

We drove Adam down to his reserve unit. That way we'll have 2 vehicles while he is gone. I just got back from dinner at Bob Evans. I had a bogo coupon.

Barbara and Linda, the dress is too short for me also. I received the navy vest a week or so ago. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but I do. I will try the ankle pants.

Linda, I'm glad you and DH enjoyed the day trip. Nice that there's interesting day trips available. Good thing the brakes are fixed. Now my fingers are crossed that is it for a good long while.

Barbara I saw the snow accumulation up in MN. Will spring ever arrive?

Linda is right I don't really plan to fix Easter dinner.

sydsgma1397924515.0673206 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Good morning. I have been up since 6..that seems to be my wake up time lol.have done a load of laundry and the meat for tomorrow is cooking in the crock pot. I like pulled pork when it sits over night and I have to be at church at 7!so no time to do it int the morning. Nothing planned for today..I have to do a return so v will go with and then we will have a light lunch at Pardise Bakery..a soup and sandwich place. Mollie called and she still is sick she has to do one more round of oral antibiotics befor they can do ivs. I will be home far in advance of that. I will check back later

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

LindaLatte1397929462.9834210 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning/Afternoon! Sorry to hear M is still sick Barbara. When will you be going back to MN? Hope it is warm by then. Lunch sounds nice. Don't blame you for getting the meat started early -- being at church by 7:00 is pretty early for sure. I tend to wake up when the sun comes up around here, and currently it is a little before 6:00 a.m. I was trying to sleep later this morning, but it just didn't work. I may look into a sun screen for the window, since it would be nice to sleep a bit later when the sun comes up earlier and earlier.

Good idea to drive Adam down so you can have two cars Claudia. Hope his two weeks go well for him. What did you have at Bob Evans? I used to like one of their chicken salads for lunch --- can't remember the name -- Fire something, I think. I don't know if they have any restaurants in the area or not. Definitely not in our immediate area. Glad you liked the vest and hope the pants work for you as well.

DD inspired me to try a lemon ice box pie -- found an easy recipe on the internet. Hope it turns out. She is making that plus a carrot cake for football DGS. I love carrot cake, but my recipe makes too much cake for two people (even with freezing, etc.), and DH isn't that much of a fan.

DH and I took our walk before breakfast, and I may go out to Fry's later to get some of their strawberries (on big sale). Other than that, just the regular laundry and financial stuff.

Have either of you tried the Zumba gold? I saw a class yesterday, and it looked like something I might be able to do. I am not very well coordinated, however.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

chprsp1397930500.613916 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I had ham with a baked sweet potato, Linda. I have never tried Zumba.

I picked up a rotisserie chicken for tonight's supper along with a salad with fruit in it.

Adam almost left his cell phone in the suv. R spotted it thinking it was the gps. Adam can't use it while he's away but when he gets back stateside he'll need to call us for a ride. Good thing we weren't partway home before we spotted it.

Barbara, I'm sorry M is having so much difficulty with pneumonia. The pulled pork sounds good.

sydsgma1397937667.8973206 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008land of ice and snow and valley of the sun
Back from lunch...trying to get my knee to behave. Good thing r spotted the cell phone, claudia. I do not think I have ever eaten at a bob Evans. Linda, I would love Zumba but cannot do it with the knee replacement . I have a friend who does Zumba gold here and really likes it. I cannot do any twisting. Have a good rest of the day.

Giggle a bit...it is good for the soul.

chprsp1397950683.73916 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Barbara, not a lot of choices here. Plaza, Bob Evans, or Applebees are the best of the various choices. TT stole my Greek salad. Bad dog, bad dog! He was not pleased at being kept away from the chicken.

LindaLatte1398014842.314210 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

TT was definitely being a bad dog -- glad you saved the chicken from him. Greek salad? He has odd taste for a dog, but I know they are all different. Glad R spotted the cell phone Claudia.

Hope you got your knees to behave Barbara. I'm still thinking about the Zumba class. According to the instructors website, you can have a free introductory lesson. But, I need to get more details. Sorry you can't do Zumba due to your artificial hip, etc. DD really enjoyed Zumba, but hers was the regular type rather than Zumba gold. Curves is also advertising some new routines/classes, and I think one of my work buddies is thinking about going there. Not sure about that since I already have the regular gym, but maybe....

Yesterday I took DH to a store specializing in shoe inserts and problem feet, etc. Anyway, they fitted him with some new shoes that are supposed to be very good for his feet, and I paid for them. The most expensive shoes I have ever purchased, but I want to make sure his feet are comfortable. He usually buys the cheapest shoes he can find, and the ones he had were literally falling apart.

They also do a free analysis of your stride, etc. (takes about 30 minutes), and make custom inserts. And, they thought DH would be a good candidate -- he does walk a bit funny with one of his feet turned out. And, I would like to do that for him as well, but the price for the insert he would need is about $350. So, that will need to wait until at least July. I have two graduations and a trip before then, which will use up a bunch of my $$$. Also, DD usually finds something she needs when I get there.

Hope your singing went well this morning Barbara, and you are having a pleasant, if quiet day Claudia.

After church, I hope to go to the gym. Later, I have ironing to do. We already took a walk this morning, and it was lovely.

Have a nice Easter!

Hugs,

Linda

Page 252 of 252