Handbag Clearance
63 Members and 14559 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

multiple colors of same items

Started 1355408138.023 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1355592203.26 by judyakm

Do you find yourself buying the same item in multiple colors??? I have bought so many of the same item in different colors I think there is something wrong with me. Right now I am trying very hard not to buy the motto vest in two other colors. I already bought two colors and really want the othe two. They are in my basket and I know I will hit the buy button.

I was just curious if there are others out there like myself who when you find something you like you have to have it in a lot of colors.

Happy Holidays

Page 2 of 2
running sh­elby1355425219.7131865 PostsRegistered 6/2/2008

I have a few wardrobe items that I find myself reaching for 2 or more times a week that I have multiples of. Specifically Icebreaker 150/200 weight long sleeve athletic cut knit tops. The cut is super flattering. They are beautiful garments and the colors don't fade on luxury merino.

Ladyjenn1355426261.2032188 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Northern CA

If I love a top or pants, I like to have at least 2 colors!

Momma to 2 Dachshunds and 1 Bernese Mountain Dog!
43 yrs old, Northern CA
BFC Diet Way of Eating!
Ladyjenn

StylishLady1355426308.9633710 PostsRegistered 11/25/2009Florida

If I have the resources and find an item that fits really well and looks great on me, I will purchase what other colors I like if they are available. For example, Newports News in their heyday had a nice plain leather zip up jacket. I bought it in black. When I loved the way it fit and looked I bought all other colors sold. The price was right, of course. I'll do the same for shoes and skirts.

Debbie14261355452189.9435061 PostsRegistered 9/12/2012

I buy multiples in the most basic items - t's, panties, socks, bras, sometimes jeans. However, anything even remotely distinctive?! NEVER. There are too many beautiful things out there and I love variety too much to settle for identical items. Nothing wrong with it, of course, but just not for me.

glmama1355452761.63718323 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006
Yep, I do this, too.

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

Pixie Jo1355452939.913511 PostsRegistered 7/4/2009

Yes, always do it. I am happy doing things that way UNTIL the time comes where I realize I don't like the item anymore. Then I have to get rid of three things instead of just one. Overall, though, I love having something that I like in multiples.

Pixie Jo

baby burns1355453524.7578793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

before, i never did this, but now i find myself doing it quite often. like alot of you said, jeans i like to buy a couple in the same color and of course size. now that we have issac, i love his jeans, so why buy something somewhere else, really there are not alot of jean companys here. also his sweaters, i cannot buy just one!!! they are like candy, have to have every color, i just do not see, that many sweaters out there, that i really like, his are so different, they make any outfit! at least i think so!

lolakimono1355530405.31310125 PostsRegistered 3/29/2012
On 12/13/2012 Janet M said:

I did buy the other two colors in the motto vest I wanted and have been feeling bad about it. Now I will have 4 of the same vest just in different colors. I do the same with tees, boots etc...

Well, if you like it that's O.K. since they are discontinuing Motto you won't be able to get more colors later.

wilma1355532335.30312891 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

I do this when I find a great pair of shoes. I will buy them in black and brown usually. I also buy mutiples of basic tees and camis. I never buy multiples of "memorable" pieces.

lovestotea­ch1355585415.612982 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx
On 12/14/2012 lolakimono said:

I did buy the other two colors in the motto vest I wanted and have been feeling bad about it. Now I will have 4 of the same vest just in different colors. I do the same with tees, boots etc...

Well, if you like it that's O.K. since they are discontinuing Motto you won't be able to get more colors later.

lolakimono and baby burns... I DO find myself buying multiples and as for turlenecks... I do wear them out! However, the thin J Crew tissue ones I have only had to toss one... heartbreaking b/c it was candy pink and I always got compliments on that color.... the neck stretched out irretriveably and it began to look like sleepwear!
O/T... I see several names on this discussion that I recognize... so, friends, after Christmas I am going to post my "fake" email address. If you want to connect by email, go on ahead and email me at the "fake" (Sarah) addy... I will be sure to check it for a week or so after posting... then I will reply back with my "real" name and email address! This has worked well in the past... please let me know your name on the board so I don't accept somebody in who is not from the boards. I do not use that account for any browsing, so it is not full of "junk." : )

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

lovestotea­ch1355585416.37712982 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx
On 12/14/2012 lolakimono said:

lolakimono and baby burns... I DO find myself buying multiples and as for turlenecks... I do wear them out! However, the thin J Crew tissue ones I have only had to toss one... heartbreaking b/c it was candy pink and I always got compliments on that color.... the neck stretched out irretriveably and it began to look like sleepwear!
O/T... I see several names on this discussion that I recognize... so, friends, after Christmas I am going to post my "fake" email address. If you want to connect by email, go on ahead and email me at the "fake" (Sarah) addy... I will be sure to check it for a week or so after posting... then I will reply back with my "real" name and email address! This has worked well in the past... please let me know your name on the board so I don't accept somebody in who is not from the boards. I do not use that account for any browsing, so it is not full of "junk." : )

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

mizmolly1355592036.04888 PostsRegistered 8/25/2012

Just browsing through various womens-apparel/shoes sites ... realized I very often buy superbly-fitting shoes in multiples. Usually no more than 2 different colors though. As with pants/jeans, which I'm always practically 'forced' to buy in multiples if I happen to find any that actually fit -- shoes are a very hard fit for me too (and yikes, let's not even 'think' the word 'boots'!).

judyakm1355592203.264065 PostsRegistered 12/18/2007Wine County CA
On 12/13/2012 Kathleen said:

Not only multiple colors, but duplicates in the same color. I just ordered five shirts from LandsEnd ... all the same shirt, 3 in one color, 2 in another.

Me too; when I love something and it is a BASIC that I will wear all the time (a perfect fitting pair of jeans or a great top), I too buy in several colors AND for the jeans, more than one pair in the same color!!! Just makes sense to me!!!

I have always believed that preening is one of the ways women have cornered solitude and kept ourselves sane in this society....Author Unknown

Page 2 of 2