New Holiday Decor
156 Members and 17871 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Dennis Basso TSV review

Started 1355320365.193 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1355412577.04 by Angry Bird

It is a true winner! The faux fur is so soft, lush and doesn't shed. The reversible side is soft and not noisy at all. (my fear it would be) The coat is not heavy in weight but I can't stop touching the fur side..omgoodness, it is beautiful.

The non fur side has the loop and eye closure and faux fur side has the toggles..I love the closures on both sides. The pockets are nice and deep so my gloves, keys. ear muffs won't fall out easily. The sleeves are easily adjustable so if you are tall or petite, they will be long/short enough.

The fur is just so pretty..I am so pleased. The collar can be closed for a rounded collar look or to keep the cold out even more but I like that it can be worn 2 ways. The hood is marvelous, big enough that it doesn't mess up my hair or make it full of static. The coat drapes nicely on either side..doesn't bunch up when walking/wearing.

It is true to size.

I am reviewing the graphite. The toggles are black and the fur is a pretty mix of black, darker gray and silver which has a silky sheen.

KEEP LOOKIN' UP 'cuz that's where it all is!
~Kidd Kraddick~ 8/22/1959-7/29/2013

Page 1 of 1
SiameezeLo­ver!1355321413.941830 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)
On 12/12/2012 Angry Bird said:

It is a true winner! The faux fur is so soft, lush and doesn't shed. The reversible side is soft and not noisy at all. (my fear it would be) The coat is not heavy in weight but I can't stop touching the fur side..omgoodness, it is beautiful.

The non fur side has the loop and eye closure and faux fur side has the toggles..I love the closures on both sides. The pockets are nice and deep so my gloves, keys. ear muffs won't fall out easily. The sleeves are easily adjustable so if you are tall or petite, they will be long/short enough.

The fur is just so pretty..I am so pleased. The collar can be closed for a rounded collar look or to keep the cold out even more but I like that it can be worn 2 ways. The hood is marvelous, big enough that it doesn't mess up my hair or make it full of static. The coat drapes nicely on either side..doesn't bunch up when walking/wearing.

It is true to size.

I am reviewing the graphite. The toggles are black and the fur is a pretty mix of black, darker gray and silver which has a silky sheen.

Hi Angry Bird - nice review - thank you :) I live in VT - do you think this coat would be a warm coat for winter? Or is this just a dress coat/fashion coat??

God bless, be well

Angry Bird1355321651.2774918 PostsRegistered 10/17/2007TX

Yes, it would be a wonderful coat in VT. You can wear it anyway you choose. I don't get dressed up that often anymore but would definitely have no problem wearing to dressy affair. Since it is reversible, it is worth every penny.

briiii1355322423.3336305 PostsRegistered 2/18/2010Chicago

It's nice to hear you like it.

A lot of people criticized the toggles.

*sigh*

SiameezeLo­ver!1355323324.711830 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

Wow this is amazing that this coat is machine washable - typically they are dry clean only...
http://tinyurl.com/cwtmzhr

Mizglitz1355324153.49748 PostsRegistered 8/7/2009
I got the taupe and agree that it's a real winner. The fur is so soft--can't decide which side I like better. The lines are very flattering too. It's a slight A-line so it defines the waist. I was afraid the fur would be overpowering, but it's just right. (And I'm 5' 2")

running sh­elby1355334956.9631954 PostsRegistered 6/2/2008

I'm so glad you like it!

violann1355335915.4412701 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
The toggles on the taupe coat match the color of the fur exactly. Can't wait to see the merlot. Great review AB - completely agree! Wearing it out this afternoon. Can't wait to get some comments!

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

Azcowgirl1355337527.267013 PostsRegistered 4/10/2012
Angrybird .........thank you for reviewing the coat, it sounds perfect! Enjoy (:

lovestodan­ce1355341821.5634915 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

So glad you love it... I have a 3/4 faux fur silver fox that is georgous. Came with a beautiful dust bag..

I also hav a pretty black denim with brown mink trim.. Have not really worn it yet..

My silver fox one only wore it once.. Quality is excellent. Looks like the real thing...

Sad my life style has changed so much since my Husband's healthy issues started..{#emotions_dlg.sad}

lovestodance

Sea BEauty1355357461.113781 PostsRegistered 2/16/2011

I got the Merlot today. It is a beautiful coat, and the color is a raisin wine color with black mixed in. So gorgeous!! I ordered a small, but I could have went down to an XS. It is not heavy, and the fur is so soft to the touch. I love that you can take the hood off. The toggles are not cheap looking. I was afraid of that, and that they would cheapen the coat, but they do not. They blend in well with the black mix in the coat. So glad I got this beauty. I am so pleased with the style and the color. I got last years TSV, and I didn't like that the hood was attached. This one, I am so glad is removable. I am going to order the Taupe when it comes back in stock.

For those who ordered the Merlot, you won't be disappointed. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Enjoy your coats girls!!

♥ Hugs♥ ♥Sea ♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

Angry Bird1355412577.0374918 PostsRegistered 10/17/2007TX

Our DD's Christmas gift, the DB TSV in chocolate was delivered last night! I couldn't wait to tear into that box to get a good look at it. It is stunning. With her youth and hair/complexion, she will look sharp in her new chocolate faux fur winter coat.

Page 1 of 1