Better Than Black Friday
96 Members and 16015 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Lisa's Red Dress

Started 1354936506.023 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1355322842.133 by briiii

If you are wondering who it's by... it's by Black Halo.

There are no stupid questions just stupid people - South Park

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
KatCat11354939275.49317370 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

It's very pretty and she's wearing stockings, thank God.

pinkie201354942162.61248 PostsRegistered 11/14/2010

lisa can really wear red. she looks giorgeous!

RedConvert­ibleGirl1354942222.12314437 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

Very nice dress!

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

Retired081354942960.9435326 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

She looks lovely as always ---- acts like she is afraid to move, but lovely.

I, personally, do not like these contrived and fakey programs they put on to showcase her in particular.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

occasional­ rain1354943114.09717260 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

Beautiful Dress. I'm not fond of the "special" shows either.

fthunt1354974469.2631476 PostsRegistered 12/24/2010
On 12/7/2012 occasional rain said:

Beautiful Dress. I'm not fond of the "special" shows either.

Dress too tight - better not sneeze

Can't tolerate those 'performance' shows - everything is so fake.

briiii1354976632.1536305 PostsRegistered 2/18/2010Chicago

The dress was pretty - surprised to see her wearing pantyhose.

She looks uncomfortable, like a mannequin, when she wears those kinds of dresses. It's hard for me to watch those types of shows.

If you don't or can't move when you are wearing something, you shouldn't be wearing it.

*sigh*

winamac11354976869.34731459 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I didn't see the show, and I forgot to dvr it. I'm sure she looked stunning. Lisa looks great in red.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Debbie14261354980314.885361 PostsRegistered 9/12/2012

The dress was beautiful and she looked great in it. I think she looked uncomfortable because of the shoes. She walked funny in them, I thought. Hard to look elegant if you can't walk.

Deeze1354981112.473194 PostsRegistered 7/26/2011

Agree about the show being over the top. If I want to shop I want to concentrate on the product and don't need fancy sets. This isn't Hollywood...it is a shopping channel. Lisa always stands and walks odd when she is wearing a dress....like her legs won't support her torso.

Rachelle1354981722.831293 PostsRegistered 9/30/2007
On 12/7/2012 Retired08 said:

She looks lovely as always ---- acts like she is afraid to move, but lovely.

I, personally, do not like these contrived and fakey programs they put on to showcase her in particular.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Debbie14261354981729.7135361 PostsRegistered 9/12/2012
On 12/8/2012 Deeze said:

Agree about the show being over the top. If I want to shop I want to concentrate on the product and don't need fancy sets. This isn't Hollywood...it is a shopping channel. Lisa always stands and walks odd when she is wearing a dress....like her legs won't support her torso.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I don't think her legs are any different when she wears pants.

HumaneSocG­al1354981954.07203 PostsRegistered 11/27/2007

I agree with you all, Lisa looked lovely in the red dress. I caught a few minutes of the start and knew this fake party was not for me.

I am neither "lovely" or comfortable with public speaking. What I don't understand is when a woman is as accomplished and successful as the host is she seems so extremely self conscious and uncomfortable in front of the camera. It was almost painful for me to watch. Whether it was the shoes, the dress-whatever. I would think she would have tested the clothing before.

This is in no way a bash. I just can not comprehend someone who has spent countless hours on live TV seeming so uncomfortable.

MountainMom

MarthaStew­ardess1354985190.977379 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Red is my favorite color and the dress was ok, but too tight. I agree with a few others that said she didn't seem to be able to walk properly, which happens often with some of those shoes she wears. Not an elegant look when you can't walk properly. Also, Lisa needs to stand up properly and have better posture, especially when wearing a dress. She's supposed to be all glammed up, but again, the way she stands spoils the look.

kittymomNC1354985458.0075307 PostsRegistered 8/9/2012

Lisa is a beautiful woman and looked terrific in the red dress. She seems to be totally comfortable in front of the camera on her Monday night PM Style show as well as other "normal shows", joking with the models, etc. I think that might be the true Lisa--she may be more down to earth than a lot of people think, and maybe she was uncomfortable in the "contrived" setting of this show--it really was a little ridiculous. She could have felt uncomfortable trying to keep everything moving, getting models to the right place, obviously having to get vendors to the right "spot" on the floor for the cameras, etc. and act "posh" at the same time! Seems like QVC tries to play up her "beauty queen" looks with the fancy settings but I like the Monday night Lisa {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}....

You can't reason with unreasonable people.

stevieb1354985938.68731025 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

Pretty dress. As for the show, I'll take it over another evening of 'under the tree', 'practical presents', 'gifts for him, her, grandkids, whatever...' Sure, it's a bit contrived, but I'm glad they mix things up. I guess I just don't get why some would prefer to see simply another two hours of the same old thing. It was a nice change of pace from the otherwise pretty dreadful Christmas programming. Personally, I enjoy the less stark and more festive sets they used for the show.

mikki_g1354986507.271640 PostsRegistered 10/30/2012

She looked beautiful as always but I did not watch the show- don't really like the format. So, I flipped around the channels...all the way up to TSV time when the TV went off!

Can't stomach WEN. So not watching today. (not a popular sentiment I know!)

stevieb1354986727.78331025 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 12/8/2012 mikki_g said:

She looked beautiful as always but I did not watch the show- don't really like the format. So, I flipped around the channels...all the way up to TSV time when the TV went off!

I wouldn't say that. I won't be watching either! It (and he) may have it's fans, but lots of us aren't among them!

On the other hand, I also won't be watching tomorrow's Dell-a-thon.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

corita1354989516.152458 PostsRegistered 8/20/2012

Strange.. as I watched the Lisa's show during TV show commercials, I also thought she was standing weirdly! I couldn't figure out is if she was trying to stand in a "model's" stance (one hip angled out to the side) or if her shoes were hurting her! Her dress was pretty but too tight. She has a great figure; she does not have to call attention to it by wearing skin tight clothing! I did not like the fake, contrived setting for the show! There is another long thread about this topic on the BB. Apparently, not too many people liked the "party" setting for Lisa show! Some strange products shown too.....

nikkimom1354991716.852923 PostsRegistered 5/18/2007So Cal

Pretty dress on a pretty woman but the dress was too tight-that is why Lisa is uncomfortable it showed her few figure flaws and that is why is is always trying to find a stance to minimize the saddlebag or a little tummy.She is not moving freely - trying to hold it all in w/shoes that are a little uncomfortable. I also think that is why she wore stockings to smooth her out some. She is hung up on the size she wears instead of the fit and she has said she put on a few lbs which showed in this dress. Too tight in the lower body area and even her arms did not look so great in this sleeveless number - toned but larger .Overall she looked great and if she stood properly and was confident we would have not noticed anything except how pretty she looked but her self consciousness comes thru and her constant awkward posing makes one really focus on her .

The show was a typical kiss kiss Qvc wannabe production and I think they are a good change up but comically so fake .

> Life is short so...kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly!

mikki_g1354992014.7331640 PostsRegistered 10/30/2012
On 12/8/2012 stevieb said:
On 12/8/2012 mikki_g said:

I wouldn't say that. I won't be watching either! It (and he) may have it's fans, but lots of us aren't among them!

On the other hand, I also won't be watching tomorrow's Dell-a-thon.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Oh man...bummer. Well, count me out tomorrow too.

Krimpette1354992463.6910313 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic
On 12/8/2012 nikkimom said:
...She is not moving freely - trying to hold it all in w/shoes that are a little uncomfortable.

I only watched briefly, but I have to agree. The impression I got was that she was almost afraid to breathe. She did look somewhat uncomfortable. Nothing wrong in going up a size, if that's what's called for. I don't think her fans would think any less of her.

Goldie761354992759.5072742 PostsRegistered 5/19/2012
On 12/8/2012 kittymomNC said:

Lisa is a beautiful woman and looked terrific in the red dress. She seems to be totally comfortable in front of the camera on her Monday night PM Style show as well as other "normal shows", joking with the models, etc. I think that might be the true Lisa--she may be more down to earth than a lot of people think, and maybe she was uncomfortable in the "contrived" setting of this show--it really was a little ridiculous. She could have felt uncomfortable trying to keep everything moving, getting models to the right place, obviously having to get vendors to the right "spot" on the floor for the cameras, etc. and act "posh" at the same time! Seems like QVC tries to play up her "beauty queen" looks with the fancy settings but I like the Monday night Lisa {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}....

I'm more in line with kittymomNC's understanding of the discomfort quotient last night. Yes, the dress was a mite tight (and therefore uncomfortable) -- and I, too, thought her shoes might be too "demanding" -- but I think Lisa is a cerebral sort of gal. I know, I know, how can someone so wrapped up in the perfect physical presentation of self be thoughtful? No matter how odd this combo is, I believe in my bones that it is so. Thus, if she was under pressure to get herself and every vendor in the right spot on the stage, and if she was additionally uncomfortable with the contrived format, you get the results that we witnessed. Mind you, I thought it went off rather well. Didn't watch the entire show, but I did enjoy some of her posh finds and the idle chit-chat, forced or not.

culebra1354996293.5032465 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

Lisa was not one bit self conscious. She looked absolutely beautiful in her red dress. Yes it was form fitting, but Lisa clearly has the figure to wear such a dress. Bashing Lisa R is so boring. I like the special shows. I always dvr them. Lisa is a first class professional and big asset to QVC.

quey1355001679.073328 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007

I find it hard to believe she didn't realize the top of her panti line is showing across her stomach area. Poor taste, Lisa

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next