TSV(R) Preview
125 Members and 16567 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Anyone ordering the Lisa Rinna cardigan??

Started 1354580379.94 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1356262576.957 by winamac1

I really like it in the purple. I am sooo tempted.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Page 2 of 2
winamac11355498557.1931405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/14/2012 KatCat1 said:

I will have to take a look at it but I would still wait until it's marked down if I like it. She does have a few pieces that I have really liked.

I'd love to see it marked down, but her "good" stuff rarely gets marked down. It's the few dreaded duds that get marked down in her line. Well, my decision has already been made for me. The size I may need in this is out of stock and no waitlist. I have waited before in an XXS for her poncho, and it never came in stock. QVC canceled. I ordered an xs and it's a bit big but I love it. Her stuff runs odd. A few of her pieces ran huge and then one sweater I bought ran more true to brick and mortar size.

I loved this on Suzanne, but I didn't like the sweater on Lisa. It looked too boxy on her. I'm sure she was in an xs so I'm hoping that an xs won't be too big or boxy on me. It's pricey, but I'm sure at Nordstroms or somewhere else it'd be over $200--i.e. like a boutique. O/P enjoy your gorgeous sweater. I'm sure you are rocking it!

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Swedishmiss1355502142.4231324 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

Hi Winimac--

I ordered an xs---that is the size I usually order at QVC (although xs is usually too big in D&C). I do not think this runs overly large. In regular brick and mortar stores I usually wear small or size 6. HTH :)

-Katia

AGV1355503530.5771077 PostsRegistered 7/15/2008

I received the printed tunic (from the same presentation as the cardigan). It was very pretty, but since most of Lisa's things have been oversized, I ordered down a size and it was too small. It is really nice, though.

morganjen1355504884.1172715 PostsRegistered 11/25/2004

Dang you all! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Your recs are getting bad for my bank account. LOL

LitGeek1355504959.883865 PostsRegistered 10/3/2012
On 12/14/2012 winamac1 said:
On 12/14/2012 LitGeek said:

I wore the purple cardigan yesterday holiday shopping with my little girl and got a compliment from the owner of the local Independent bookstore as soon as I walked in. She had to know where I got it so she could get one for herself <img src="/DesktopModules/ExactTarget/Controls/TextEditor/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/001_wub.gif" alt="{#emotions_dlg.wub}" /> This sweater is PERFECT in every way! I wore it with dark denim skinny jeans, a black tank, black leather riding boots and my Judith Ripka 5ct 100 facet stud earrings...this will be my go to outfit all winter long. The acrylic yarn makes this sweater super soft and warm, as well as lightweight, and it is not bulky in any way. If this were done in wool it would be heavy and scratchy and done in cashmere would cost a fortune! And let me just say Lisa Rinna is a genius for how she used the geometric design on this sweater to elongate!! I can't wait to receive the three other pieces I ordered from her line. If the black wasn't sold out in the XXS I would order it too. Please keep these gorgeous pieces coming Lisa!

Did it run super big? I am still confused as to which size to order. Enjoy your purchase!

I am a true size 2 and ordered my normal qvc size xxs and the fit is perfect. It is a relaxed look sweater meant to be slighly oversized, but to hang properly you wouldn't want it too small...so I would go with your normal qvc size (which translates down one size from my dept. store size). Enjoy it if you get it!

LitGeek1355505223.36865 PostsRegistered 10/3/2012
On 12/14/2012 AGV said:

I received the printed tunic (from the same presentation as the cardigan). It was very pretty, but since most of Lisa's things have been oversized, I ordered down a size and it was too small. It is really nice, though.

I am waiting for the black tunic to arrive...is that the one you ordered? I am hoping the colors are beautiful on it! Just wondering...did you order your normal qvc size and it was too small or did you order down a size from your normal qvc size?

Last edited on 12/14/2012

Last edited on 12/14/2012

LitGeek1355505463.293865 PostsRegistered 10/3/2012

Does anyone have the Belle Gray animal print top with the smocking detail? I am wondering if I can get by with ordering up a size in this top...I am usually a QVC XXS but wondering if I can get away with the XS {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

winamac11355506430.7531405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/14/2012 LitGeek said:
On 12/14/2012 winamac1 said:
On 12/14/2012 LitGeek said:

I wore the purple cardigan yesterday holiday shopping with my little girl and got a compliment from the owner of the local Independent bookstore as soon as I walked in. She had to know where I got it so she could get one for herself <img src="/DesktopModules/ExactTarget/Controls/TextEditor/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/001_wub.gif" alt="{#emotions_dlg.wub}" /> This sweater is PERFECT in every way! I wore it with dark denim skinny jeans, a black tank, black leather riding boots and my Judith Ripka 5ct 100 facet stud earrings...this will be my go to outfit all winter long. The acrylic yarn makes this sweater super soft and warm, as well as lightweight, and it is not bulky in any way. If this were done in wool it would be heavy and scratchy and done in cashmere would cost a fortune! And let me just say Lisa Rinna is a genius for how she used the geometric design on this sweater to elongate!! I can't wait to receive the three other pieces I ordered from her line. If the black wasn't sold out in the XXS I would order it too. Please keep these gorgeous pieces coming Lisa!

Did it run super big? I am still confused as to which size to order. Enjoy your purchase!

I am a true size 2 and ordered my normal qvc size xxs and the fit is perfect. It is a relaxed look sweater meant to be slighly oversized, but to hang properly you wouldn't want it too small...so I would go with your normal qvc size (which translates down one size from my dept. store size). Enjoy it if you get it!

Thanks so much. I'm not a 2-more like a 4 so an XS should be good. You are smaller than I am so it should work. I love the purple. Thanks for the info!

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11355506474.8631405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/14/2012 Swedishmiss said:

Hi Winimac--

I ordered an xs---that is the size I usually order at QVC (although xs is usually too big in D&C). I do not think this runs overly large. In regular brick and mortar stores I usually wear small or size 6. HTH :)

-Katia

Thanks Katia. I should be perfect as I'm usually a small in brick and mortar too. I also appreciate your info. It's so cute.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Mustangshar1355606963.067988 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs
I just ordered the purple cardigan.....all I need is a purple top underneath and can go with tons of stuff. It's so striking...looking forward to it.

Sharon :)
WNYgal said The Shame Sisters, otherwise known as Linea Anonymous.

winamac11355621737.231405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/15/2012 Mustang Shar said: I just ordered the purple cardigan.....all I need is a purple top underneath and can go with tons of stuff. It's so striking...looking forward to it.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Mustangshar1355877134.717988 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs
OMG, just received it tonight and it's fabulous!! Will wear to work tomorrow after I figure out how to put it together with my closet...:) Runs large, it's supposed to be relaxed.

Sharon :)
WNYgal said The Shame Sisters, otherwise known as Linea Anonymous.

baby burns1355886592.7778793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

any one have the number, i wrote it down and cannot find it! thanks

winamac11355920753.15331405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/18/2012 Mustang Shar said: OMG, just received it tonight and it's fabulous!! Will wear to work tomorrow after I figure out how to put it together with my closet...:) Runs large, it's supposed to be relaxed.

Bummer--the xxs is gone which would probably be an xs or small in brick and mortar. I'm so wanting this in purple, but I need the xxs as many of her items (actually all but one that I've bought) have run big. Thanks for the info. Did you get your normal QVC size or size down? TIA Win

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11355920846.35331405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/18/2012 baby burns said:

any one have the number, i wrote it down and cannot find it! thanks

a227375

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

ByTheBay1355931914.883896 PostsRegistered 1/3/2008
On 12/19/2012 winamac1 said:
On 12/18/2012 Mustang Shar said: OMG, just received it tonight and it's fabulous!! Will wear to work tomorrow after I figure out how to put it together with my closet...:) Runs large, it's supposed to be relaxed.

Bummer--the xxs is gone which would probably be an xs or small in brick and mortar. I'm so wanting this in purple, but I need the xxs as many of her items (actually all but <em>one that I've bought) have run big.</em> Thanks for the info. Did you get your normal QVC size or size down? TIA Win

ITA Win & Shar. After watching the video, I could see that this runs super large & I would definitely size down. Love it belted like Lisa Rinna wore it-too cute{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}!

"Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century". Joan Rivers
R.I.P.

Swedishmiss1355950741.31324 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

To everyone that ordered the purple---

I was at Walmart today and found a purple long sleeve, scoop neck tee (Faded Glory) that was a perfect match. And best of all, under $8 :)

(

Last edited on 12/19/2012

winamac11355955014.37331405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/19/2012 ByTheBay said:
On 12/19/2012 winamac1 said:
On 12/18/2012 Mustang Shar said: OMG, just received it tonight and it's fabulous!! Will wear to work tomorrow after I figure out how to put it together with my closet...:) Runs large, it's supposed to be relaxed.

Bummer--the xxs is gone which would probably be an xs or small in brick and mortar. I'm so wanting this in purple, but I need the xxs as many of her items (actually all but <em>one that I've bought) have run big.</em> Thanks for the info. Did you get your normal QVC size or size down? TIA Win

ITA Win & Shar. After watching the video, I could see that this runs super large & I would definitely size down. Love it belted like Lisa Rinna wore it-too cute{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}!

Hi Bay--I didn't care for it on Lisa, but it looked fabulous on the models. I have not yet ordered as I'm "stalking" an xxs due to it running large. If someone is super tiny, this would be way too big for them in an xs. I'm not super tiny, but I will wait to see if an xxs comes in stock as it obviously is vanity sized. If not, I'll get the xs. I'll give myself a few more days before I cave.Wink Happy Holidays Bay. I hope you are doing well!!!

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

ByTheBay1355957435.2473896 PostsRegistered 1/3/2008
On 12/19/2012 winamac1 said:
On 12/19/2012 ByTheBay said:
On 12/19/2012 winamac1 said:

Hi Bay--I didn't care for it on Lisa, but it looked fabulous on the models. I have not yet ordered as I'm "stalking" an xxs due to it running large. If someone is super tiny, this would be way too big for them in an xs. I'm not super tiny, but I will wait to see if an xxs comes in stock as it obviously is vanity sized. If not, I'll get the xs. I'll give myself a few more days before I cave.Wink Happy Holidays Bay. I hope you are doing well!!!

I didn't like it on Lisa either, but on Lisa Rinna it looked hawt LOL!! Loved how she had it belted!!!

Happy Holidays to you as well my friend{#emotions_dlg.wub}!!!!!

"Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century". Joan Rivers
R.I.P.

winamac11356006356.41731405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/19/2012 ByTheBay said:
On 12/19/2012 winamac1 said:
On 12/19/2012 ByTheBay said:
On 12/19/2012 winamac1 said:

Hi Bay--I didn't care for it on Lisa, but it looked fabulous on the models. I have not yet ordered as I'm "stalking" an xxs due to it running large. If someone is super tiny, this would be way too big for them in an xs. I'm not super tiny, but I will wait to see if an xxs comes in stock as it obviously is vanity sized. If not, I'll get the xs. I'll give myself a few more days before I cave.Wink Happy Holidays Bay. I hope you are doing well!!!

I didn't like it on Lisa either, but on Lisa Rinna it looked hawt LOL!! Loved how she had it belted!!!

Happy Holidays to you as well my friend{#emotions_dlg.wub}!!!!!

Hi Amp--I know something about it on Lisa Robertson--didn't look good--too boxy, maybe she's too busty for it, but I don't know. Lisa Rinna, as usual, looked fabulous in it, and one of the models had it on who looked adorable in it-maybe Suzanne. Anyway, I found an xxs in the purple last night right after I posted earlier in the evening. I bought it so we'll see if it works out. If it doesn't fit, I'll exchange it for an xs, but the xxs's are about gone. I think she brings in only a few xxs which is odd as it's probably vanity sized as most of her items are. Anyway, have a great day. I've been off most of the week and only have one day left to work between Christmas and New Years so I'm excited. Have a great one!! WinSmile

Last edited on 12/20/2012

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

sugarflake1356199359.8631867 PostsRegistered 6/9/2007

I refuse to order anything from a tv or movie person. I just want real designers.

Mumof21356199942.08865 PostsRegistered 1/5/2007

I have ordered two sweaters from Lisa Rinna in the past and was so excited to receive them only to find that both of them did not fit and exchanged the sizes and still did not fit. I am not meant to wear her designs.

Sassenach11356207138.9774541 PostsRegistered 12/3/2005

I ordered the sweater in purple and the multi-color tunic top. You ladies are such enablers! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

winamac11356262494.98331405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/22/2012 Sassenach1 said:

I ordered the sweater in purple and the multi-color tunic top. You ladies are such enablers! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

<br /> I haven't received mine yet Sass! I sure hope it fits or I'll have to exchange it for the other size. Let me know if you like it. The reviews are favorable on it so we may be ok!!! Happy Holidays Sass!!! Win{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Smile

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11356262576.95331405 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/22/2012 artowl said:

I refuse to order anything from a tv or movie person. I just want real designers.

<br /> And that's your prerogative art!!! Lisa owned a very successful shop in California called Belle Gray and she obviously has an eye for fashion, but to each his/her own.Smile

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Page 2 of 2