TSV(R) Preview
162 Members and 15865 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Anyone ordering the Lisa Rinna cardigan??

Started 1354580379.94 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1356262576.957 by winamac1

I really like it in the purple. I am sooo tempted.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Page 1 of 2
angelsareo­ut1354580524.0976912 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami

Not for me, but I think she really has a winner on the Floral print tunic, I love the dark tones. Get the purple if it's calling your name Wink

Swedishmiss1354580676.8571294 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

I agree...that tunic is beautiful!!

winamac11354582275.41328849 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
I love both pieces. I have the purple sweater in my cart. I have not caved yet! The top is gorgeous too, but I have so many tops in that style so I'm passing . It's lovely though. That sweater in purple is so "me" though! I own 5 of her items and love them!

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

AGV1354584941.153988 PostsRegistered 7/15/2008

I love both pieces too, but I'm trying to convince myself that I'm only shopping for others and not myself. I have 3 of her other items and I really love them all. The quality and style of this line is excellent. Is the tunic sheer?

Swedishmiss1354585258.4171294 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

Do Lisa Rinna's pieces run true to size? I think I am going to cave on the cardigan...the price goes up at midnight.

baby burns1354596361.4978793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i find they are a nice fit, i have had no problem with the pieces, i have bought. if you like it buy it, may be gone, by the time you make up your mind. i hope you like it, and that it looks great on you!

bopper1354647322.4713931 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

I love her clothes, it's about time the Q gets some nice items on. Her prices are high though for acrylic.

winamac11354647863.51728849 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/3/2012 Swedishmiss said:

Do Lisa Rinna's pieces run true to size? I think I am going to cave on the cardigan...the price goes up at midnight.

Most run big. I usually size down, but the one item ran a bit smaller so I had to return for bigger size. I loved the purple cardi but it was pricey for acrylic. Her acrylic is nicer than other acrylic.

LipstickDi­va1354650714.50735167 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I think the cardigan looks boxy/too unfitted. I also don't care for the look of the weave of the fabric when I clicked on a close-up.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

winamac11354661208.28728849 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/3/2012 AGV said:

I love both pieces too, but I'm trying to convince myself that I'm only shopping for others and not myself. I have 3 of her other items and I really love them all. The quality and style of this line is excellent. Is the tunic sheer?

Hi AGV. Did you get either piece? I didn't but I really wanted the cardi. I loved the length, and it looked super cozy and the fabric looked really nice and soft. I'm awaiting reviews, and then I'll cave if they are good, LOL.

imaclothes­hog1354661502.4320377 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

I watched the video, it is really cute but I think I decided I like the tunic better. I just have soooo much trouble paying that much for acrylic, and i am sooo not an acrylic fan. I have been on the fence with several of her acrylic things, and I never order in the end because I am afraid of pilling. That is the main thing about acrylic I hate, and the fact that it can be so hot. The styles are so cute she does, I may cave one day and try one of her acrylic pieces and give it a chance.

I really am very close to ordering the tunic, it is so cute. I love the colors and the print is very pretty, so nicely done. I really want the tunic. How cute would that be with slim pants or jeggings. I am going to watch the video a few more times before I decide.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Last edited on 12/4/2012

Last edited on 12/4/2012

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

winamac1135466186828849 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/4/2012 Amphitrite said:

I watched the video, it is really cute but I think I decided I like the tunic better. I just have soooo much trouble paying that much for acrylic, and i am sooo not an acrylic fan. I have been on the fence with several of her acrylic things, and I never order in the end because I am afraid of pilling. That is the main thing about acrylic I hate, and the fact that it can be so hot. The styles are so cute she does, I may cave one day and try one of her acrylic pieces and give it a chance.

I really am very close to ordering the tunic, it is so cute. I love the colors and the print is very pretty, so nicely done. I really want the tunic. How cute would that be with slim pants or jeggings. I am going to watch the video a few more times before I decide.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Last edited on 12/4/2012

That tunic was gorgeous Amp. I just own so many that style and I dont' need anymore. The colors were gorgeous. I will tell you that her acrylic is nice. She really does have nice pieces if you have not tried them. Everything I've bought from her is really cute and super stylish and I get a lot of compliments. That poncho of hers is awesome. I got that blue (striped-type) sweater, and it is really cute with boots, jeans/leggings, etc.

That one bohemian style tunic got bad reviews, but it was mainly due to its initial price-like $90 or so! That one I got at a special price--I think I paid 38 and change. It's a really nice top and the poly is super soft but substantial and far easier to care for than silk.

Her acrylic isn't that cheap/tacky/ chintzy acrylic. You may like it. I don't typically like acrylic either, but it's usually that cheap acrylic that you can buy in the tackier stores or in the lower end sections of dept. stores. I do see why she had boutiques for quite a few years and I imagine the quality is the same. I will wait for reviews and then order that sweater if they are positive.

The purple one is the one I want. I didn't like it on Lisa R, but the models and Lisa Rinna looked really cute in it. I don't know why I didnt' like it on Lisa Robertson. She may have not had the right size on, but it didnt' look good on her, and it looked boxy. Lisa Rinna looked awesome in it. Have a great night Amp.

Last edited on 12/4/2012

Last edited on 12/4/2012

imaclothes­hog1354662522.11720377 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

Thank you Win I may try one of her acrylic pieces to see if I like it. I am really surprised at how cute her things are, I think they are a little pricey but I really didn't expect most of her things to be so cute, without looking too trendy, you know? She looks awesome in anything, but I especially liked the way the tunic looked on her. I am really loving that tunic. Her things are nice and fashionable without being super trendy.

AGV1354735285.433988 PostsRegistered 7/15/2008

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer. I ordered the tunic. I'll let you know about it when I receive it.

Debbie14261354739189.575061 PostsRegistered 9/12/2012

I love that cardigan but just cannot justify another one. She really does have a wonderful eye for fashion! Hope everyone who gets it, loves it.

Swedishmiss1354750135.6731294 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

I went ahead and ordered the purple cardigan. Smile

I will post a review when it arrives. Because it is acrylic and it seems pricey, I will return it if I don't love it. Sometimes I keep things, and regret it because I end up never (or rarely) wearing them.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

AGV - Hope you love your tunic! I thought it was beautiful, too...but could not justify buying them both.

winamac11354754766.4228849 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/5/2012 Swedishmiss said:

I went ahead and ordered the purple cardigan. Smile

I will post a review when it arrives. Because it is acrylic and it seems pricey, I will return it if I don't love it. Sometimes I keep things, and regret it because I end up never (or rarely) wearing them.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

AGV - Hope you love your tunic! I thought it was beautiful, too...but could not justify buying them both.

Please do post ur review!! If its positive, I'm getting the purple!! Thanks

imaclothes­hog1354760951.8520377 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006
On 12/5/2012 AGV said:

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer. I ordered the tunic. I'll let you know about it when I receive it.

{#emotions_dlg.tt1} It is so cute AGV..... I am really jealous you are getting it! I really love the colors.

I can't wait to read your review, please let us know what you think. I decided to pass.....too close to Christmas and I still have a bit of shopping to do. Also I found out Louis is coming back in a few weeks.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I may pick it up later on. Enjoy!!Smile

Swedishmiss1355449718.2531294 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

Got this yesterday, and I love it :)

I was hesitant because of the price and the fact it is 100% acrylic. It is so soft and comfy, but also it looks beautiful. (I ordered the purple and wore it today with a black top)

I would say it fits true to size...maybe a LITTLE big--but I would rather have it a little loose than too tight.

The quality of this cardigan is better than a lot of the clothing I have purchased from the Q, and I am going to get a lot of wear out of this one.

I hope QVC continues to carry this line.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Mustangshar1355453358.336820 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs
Hi everyone. I've been looking at that cardigan!! I love it.....love the purple, but have really nothing that it could really match well. What really did me in was watching Geniveve on HGTV, she had a jacket very closely to it. Looked fabulous! I'll keep trying to decide....lol

Sharon :)
iPad doesn't paragraph on this Board
Enjoy Life....there are no do overs!

baby burns1355453842.5678793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

does anyone have the item number of the tunic, somehow i missed that one, i uaually do not buy acrylic, but maybe i will try it. thanks!

LitGeek1355491953.873841 PostsRegistered 10/3/2012

I wore the purple cardigan yesterday holiday shopping with my little girl and got a compliment from the owner of the local Independent bookstore as soon as I walked in. She had to know where I got it so she could get one for herself {#emotions_dlg.wub} This sweater is PERFECT in every way! I wore it with dark denim skinny jeans, a black tank, black leather riding boots and my Judith Ripka 5ct 100 facet stud earrings...this will be my go to outfit all winter long. The acrylic yarn makes this sweater super soft and warm, as well as lightweight, and it is not bulky in any way. If this were done in wool it would be heavy and scratchy and done in cashmere would cost a fortune! And let me just say Lisa Rinna is a genius for how she used the geometric design on this sweater to elongate!! I can't wait to receive the three other pieces I ordered from her line. If the black wasn't sold out in the XXS I would order it too. Please keep these gorgeous pieces coming Lisa!

winamac11355492675.7428849 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/13/2012 Swedishmiss said:

Got this yesterday, and I love it :)

I was hesitant because of the price and the fact it is 100% acrylic. It is so soft and comfy, but also it looks beautiful. (I ordered the purple and wore it today with a black top)

I would say it fits true to size...maybe a LITTLE big--but I would rather have it a little loose than too tight.

The quality of this cardigan is better than a lot of the clothing I have purchased from the Q, and I am going to get a lot of wear out of this one.

I hope QVC continues to carry this line.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks for the review. I really love the purple and may have to order it. Did you order your normal QVC size? I wonder if I should size down 2 sizes from my normal brick and mortar size? Most of her items run big, but one sweater--the blue and camel one didn't. I ordered it 2 sizes down and had to return it for an xs. Thanks and enjoy!!!

winamac11355492727.5928849 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 12/14/2012 LitGeek said:

I wore the purple cardigan yesterday holiday shopping with my little girl and got a compliment from the owner of the local Independent bookstore as soon as I walked in. She had to know where I got it so she could get one for herself {#emotions_dlg.wub} This sweater is PERFECT in every way! I wore it with dark denim skinny jeans, a black tank, black leather riding boots and my Judith Ripka 5ct 100 facet stud earrings...this will be my go to outfit all winter long. The acrylic yarn makes this sweater super soft and warm, as well as lightweight, and it is not bulky in any way. If this were done in wool it would be heavy and scratchy and done in cashmere would cost a fortune! And let me just say Lisa Rinna is a genius for how she used the geometric design on this sweater to elongate!! I can't wait to receive the three other pieces I ordered from her line. If the black wasn't sold out in the XXS I would order it too. Please keep these gorgeous pieces coming Lisa!

Did it run super big? I am still confused as to which size to order. Enjoy your purchase!

KatCat11355498216.0515807 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

I will have to take a look at it but I would still wait until it's marked down if I like it. She does have a few pieces that I have really liked.

Page 1 of 2