Back-in-Stock Fashions
43 Members and 13679 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Lunchtime Specials

Started 1340300404.19 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1340380814.997 by KatCat1

I have noticed that so many of the lunchtiime specials, especially the clothes items, only have one or two sizes left. If the Q is going to have a "special" why not select a clothes item with all sizes left? Now that would be a lunchtime special. The lunchtime specials remind me of the Q trying to get rid of the clearance or last clicks clothes. That's not so special.

Page 1 of 1
taja1231340307664.222490 PostsRegistered 1/22/2012

I agree, Kat. They're not "special." Many look like merchandise that should have been sold at a Seasonal clearance, which QVC doesn't have like HSN does. Instead of a Seasonal clearance, QVC milks every penny out of each item, and says "once they're gone, they won't be back." Lunchtime Specials also has a lot of jewelry they're trying to get rid of. If they were "Special" they would have five stars. We, the customer, are looking for something actually "special" while QVC is looking at it as a dumping ground to clear out the warehouse.

ibb381340308005.0212411 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

It's completely hit or miss, I've gotten some great things at noontime!

blondegirl1340309351.721787 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

it's nothing more than a gimmic to sell items they cannot sell on air because they do not have enough sizes or product. Sometimes you can get great things!

taja1231340309489.3632490 PostsRegistered 1/22/2012

I did find a set of flannel sheets that I thought was somewhat "special." I love winter flannel; they were rose colored @ $l7.95. It would have been a great buy right there, but really nothing "special" after throwing in $l0. for S&H and taxes PLUS flannel in June should be almost a give away.

KatCat11340315499.54717212 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 6/21/2012 taja123 said:

I agree, Kat. They're not "special." Many look like merchandise that should have been sold at a Seasonal clearance, which QVC doesn't have like HSN does. Instead of a Seasonal clearance, QVC milks every penny out of each item, and says "once they're gone, they won't be back." Lunchtime Specials also has a lot of jewelry they're trying to get rid of. If they were "Special" they would have five stars. We, the customer, are looking for something actually "special" while QVC is looking at it as a dumping ground to clear out the warehouse.

So true and the "once they're gone, they're gone," give me a break. No, they "won't be back" as they have been sitting around for 2 or 3 years already. I don't want to be purchasing something that's 3 years old. Slacks are one thing because they don't change that much but tops do. When is the Q going to learn how to clear out current summer mechandise and make room for the fall?

taja1231340316815.892490 PostsRegistered 1/22/2012
On 6/21/2012 KatCat1 said:
On 6/21/2012 taja123 said:

So true and the "once they're gone, they're gone," give me a break. No, they "won't be back" as they have been sitting around for 2 or 3 years already. I don't want to be purchasing something that's 3 years old. Slacks are one thing because they don't change that much but tops do. When is the Q going to learn how to clear out current summer mechandise and make room for the fall?

I don't think they will, Kat. Board & Mortar will have huge sales by July 4. I'm used to seeing in retail as much as 50-75% off after July 4. Look at QVC Clearance. Gosh, some "clearance" items are a few dollars off. What kind of clearance is that? Check out ShopNBC occasionally, Kat. I haven't got them yet, but I ordered a pair of Propet shoes for $28. that Footsmart was selling for almost $80. I didn't need shoes, but I couldn't let them go by. Propet makes a really nice shoe, in wide, too.

We and QVC need to realize the economy is bad, and this is a BUYER'S MARKET. There are all kind of options open to us. It looks like QVC's advantage comes down to EZPay, and they don't even offer a whole lot of that. I've been shopping more wisely. I compare and make sure to throw in QVC exhorbitant S&H when comparing. There's no need in this buying climate to purchase anything on "impulse." Everything is everywhere, and will be back, no matter how much they say "once gone they will never be back." Ridiculous....

phluphy1340318906.32421 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010

Lunchtime specials are okay, but when you look at the video on the product you can see that the S/H are lower on the video but not on the LS. It's hard to believe that the item your looking at has gone up, for S/H. It should remain the same price. So, you think your getting a bargain but they tack on higher S/H charges. Not good.

Buffy11761340319594.233355 PostsRegistered 12/5/2011

I agree OP- it's stuff they want rid of. It's so insulting that they present LS as such a gift. Please.

Buffy

KatCat11340320833.5317212 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 6/21/2012 phluphy said:

Lunchtime specials are okay, but when you look at the video on the product you can see that the S/H are lower on the video but not on the LS. It's hard to believe that the item your looking at has gone up, for S/H. It should remain the same price. So, you think your getting a bargain but they tack on higher S/H charges. Not good.

OMG! The shipping should remain the same. So they reduce the price and raise the S&H. Actually, the Q's shipping prices in general are way too high considering they ship in bulk and get a break. When will they learn? BTW, my title "Lunctime Specials" sounds more like meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I'm getting hungry!

Last edited on 6/21/2012

Last edited on 6/21/2012

willdob31340323104.410611 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010
Can anyone explain why, if these are things they are almost out of and not getting again, some Lunchtime Specials are available on wait list when the inventory sells out during those 5 hrs??? Last edited on 6/21/2012

Last edited on 6/21/2012

tdog1340326215.2232265 PostsRegistered 12/4/2007

Generally I agree that the LTS aren't very exciting, but I did get a pair of awesome Arte de Oro earrings that were marked down over $!00 that have been in my wish list for months. They were still pricey, but a lot more reasonable. I was floored when I saw them on LTS and rushed to get them. Never have ordered clothes or shoes or anything.

winamac11340362041.0931076 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I have gotten a few items on LTS that have been nice. But, the s/h is usually 1/3 of the price of the product so I don't buy some items I want. A lot of the items haven't been around 2 or 3 years. Many have been around 9 years. I've looked at reviews from 6 years ago, and they still have items (not on LTS) that are FULL PRICED. What other retailer does that??? NONE

The s/h does seem to go up monthly.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

indywhisper1340380329.887187 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007
On 6/22/2012 winamac1 said:

I have gotten a few items on LTS that have been nice. But, the s/h is usually 1/3 of the price of the product so I don't buy some items I want. A lot of the items haven't been around 2 or 3 years. Many have been around 9 years. I've looked at reviews from 6 years ago, and they still have items (not on LTS) that are FULL PRICED. What other retailer does that??? NONE

ITA - the S&H is a deterrent quite often for me as well. Also agree about old stuff not getting marked down. Maybe they should consider the "closet" rule of thumb...(if you haven't worn it in a year, then it needs to go). If it hasn't sold in a year...

KatCat11340380814.99717212 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 6/22/2012 indywhisper said:
On 6/22/2012 winamac1 said:

ITA - the S&H is a deterrent quite often for me as well. Also agree about old stuff not getting marked down. Maybe they should consider the "closet" rule of thumb...(if you haven't worn it in a year, then it needs to go). If it hasn't sold in a year...

Yes, and donate the clothes to those that are less fortunate!!!!!

Page 1 of 1