Maxi Dresses
166 Members and 11727 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Cute & trendy plus size clothes

Started 1316037714.98 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1316092593.81 by ok4ablonde2

I'm in my 60's and still like to dress in cute things tunics with leggings etc. I ususally buy onsale at Neiman's a lot of Johnny Was women's On sale.... cute things.

So if any of you have any sites to share...I like some of LOGO too so you get the idea and Target.....

Page 1 of 2
travelbug1316038792.69388 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007
That wasn't very nice or called for. True asked a serious question.

Be you to others kind & true as you would have others be to you.

livein kin­dness1316039190.06693 PostsRegistered 12/17/2010Michigan

I was in Walmart the other day. They had some really cute plus size clothes. I can not remember the designers name. I know they do not carry that line at the Walmart close to me.

star8261316039472.22312382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

Hi True~ First, needless to say, ignore that first response.

I have seen some fun styles in plus at a Forever 21 shop in a local mall. (Never knew they carried plus) Of course the quality will not be what you're used to from NM's but you might have fun looking there.

Also, for "trendy plus" but not great quality, I have seen that DOTS has the styles you mentioned...

I would think you'd have good luck at a NM's Last Call? (none in my area so I don't know if they send their plus to the LC stores) Nordstrom has plus in their "Rack" stores but again, not sure about the trendy being sent there.

What about a Macy's with the I.N.C. line? That line in regular sizes has some great items and I would think their plus line would as well... and Macy's carries designer plus ie: Michael Kors, etc...

Chico's has "supposedly" extended their sizes as well...

You'd be surprised which stores have trendy plus, just not sure if you are only interested in high end shops or any and all??

My friend's daughter is a smaller plus sized woman and she wear's the greatest apparel... Some from the Q, as you know, LOGO, etc...

I could find out for you if that would help.

Let me know... and keep rockin' the trendy

Sounds like you're in your sixties and FABULOUS!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

A helpful decision maker: Ask yourself, "What would Cher do?"

ssfbeagle1316039479.373578 PostsRegistered 11/2/2008

Target has nothing in plus sizes. They should just eliminate the department. I usually have good luck at Avenue.

star8261316039943.82712382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown
On 9/14/2011 ssfbeagle said:

Target has nothing in plus sizes. They should just eliminate the department. I usually have good luck at Avenue.

Isn't that something? They can cause hysteria over the MISSONI items and crash their website but they choose not to have a decent plus dept.

Makes no sense as they seem to be a company that knows what many of the customers want... and yet they're missing out on a dept that would fit the average American woman.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

redtabby1316039994.3433512 PostsRegistered 8/18/2005

Never shopped at this site, I had saved the link in my bookmarks.

http://www.igigi.com/

princess621316040135.7331616 PostsRegistered 2/27/2007Pacific Northwest

It is not so easy to lose weight when in one's 60's. I know because I am plus sized and age 67! That said ,I just enjoy C.J.Banks clothing. They are on line and have mall stores in plus sized and regular missy sizes. Their sweaters are some of my favorites.

TRUE1316040150.33966 PostsRegistered 8/4/2006

Thanks all.....

star8261316040325.58312382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

ETU: Glad to see that troll was poofed... that person is on other posts doing the same thing as done here...

Last edited on 9/14/2011

Last edited on 9/14/2011

banjo1316040544.3274992 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska

My sister-in-law is a plus size and she gets some very cute things from Woman Within and Roamans. She is always nicely dressed.

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

little mis­s sunshine1316043504.0972355 PostsRegistered 10/13/2006

Check out: distinctions.com; simply bee.com; MIB.com; lane bryant; soft surroundings.com;

Suzzeee1316044449.3172331 PostsRegistered 6/15/2007West Coast

I got a cute dress from Simply bee the other day - love it!! I also got a cute floral cardi (reminded me of Winter Kate) from Asos.com. There's another cute UK retailer that sells online - Evans - I've not ordered from them but I liked the look of some of their things. I also found this uber cool website the other day. www.navabi.com - it's European designers -- who knew Cavalli came in larger sizes!! They have Marina Rinaldi, Elena Miro (I've bought her things when I've been in Italy - some styles can be matronly in her line but you can find some cool stuff -I got a light purple leather jacket from her that's uber cool). If you're looking for large (or small) calf boots -- www.duoboots.com can't be beat - fashionable and well made and you order by shoe and calf size and they seriously do fit! Don't forget to try regular size lines too. I can wear some of Winter Kate's pieces as well as Vince -- also All Saints - cuts large and a lot of pieces are oversized. I have a tunic I got there this summer that says it's a size 8 and it's still oversized on me and I'm a 16!

star8261316044647.17712382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

Just heard a store called Fashion Bug has plus in trendy styles... not familiar with that company...

What about TJ Maxx or Marshalls??

Last edited on 9/14/2011

Last edited on 9/14/2011

Gooday1316044979.889477 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008

Dress Barn

Catherines (you have to check all the time)

Lane Bryant

cathy19501316047848.08942 PostsRegistered 8/3/2007

I get most of my things from Macy's, Lord and Taylor, and the Q. I live in a NY suburb and some of the more local Macy's and L&T have differing qualities and quantities of plus size clothing. In fact, while Macy's is my favorite store, I have complained several times about particular stores that stick the Plus size department in the basement and/or have really weak offerings. However, nothing beats Macy's in Manhattan for the size of the department and the choices it offers. Same goes for Lord and Taylor in Manhattan. While you may not be in the NY area, you can always order online. I am so happy that the Q offers it's styles in an extended sizes. One other thing, Talbots runs its "regular" sizes up through size 20. I like that for work clothes because plus size suit jackets are just too wide. Instead I can take a regular size 20 at Talbots rather than going into the W sizes. Also, the Gap outlet goes up to a regular size 20, so I get lots of my casual clothes there. I hope this helps.

TRUE1316048105.06966 PostsRegistered 8/4/2006

Thanks all... Asos.com I liked but like most places the cuter things only go to one size and even though I can wear xl I like a 1 plus depending on what it is. baggy I like

I like wraplondon.com but ususally wait for sales its from the UK...Also Ann Taylor loft, JJill sometimes. I don't like Macy's or Nordstroms to old lady same with Roaman's and Lane Bryant and cheaply made.

Target I love for lounging things from intimate dept. Love wearing long black pants with ties on the bottom really cute...

Good for yogo also which I have a lot of which reminds me of Athletha... love their tunics etc.

Last edited on 9/14/2011

Last edited on 9/14/2011

depglass1316048297.0722716 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Not really trendy, but more outdoorsy - L L Bean, Woolrich, and Eddie Bauer have started adding XXL and 20. That helps a small segment of us plus sizers.

happy hous­ewife1316048623.5428073 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

i am plus size and with all due respect to the OP I can't imagine any plus size woman dressed in tights and a tunic, let alone one in her 60's. I hope you are enjoying your style , but I'll take a pass on that.

nytengale11316050152.691192 PostsRegistered 8/22/2009PA

Nordie's has a great plus size deparrment. They have the classics, but they also carry the trendier lines.

I also like GAP.com because they carry a lot of the same clothes in plus sizes. I never saw a plus sized section in the GAP, but you can usually get free shipping and stack coupon codes.

nytengale1

belleandme1316050886.38634 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009southern illinois
On 9/14/2011 star826 said:
On 9/14/2011 ssfbeagle said:

Isn't that something? They can cause hysteria over the MISSONI items and crash their website but they choose not to have a decent plus dept.

Makes no sense as they seem to be a company that knows what many of the customers want... and yet they're missing out on a dept that would fit the average American woman.

yes i have often wondered why target doesnt actually carry any plus stuff, although the older stores all have a sign hanging from the ceiling saying 'womens' but when you get there, there is nothing there????

there is a cute catalog called simply be, that has some cute stuff.

jjill for some cute and classic stuff

talbots is really having some lovely things if you are looking for higher end.

sometimes zappos, and nordstroms online.

i know some ladies who swear by fashion bug plus, but i havent been there in decades.

lane bryant online has some cute stuff and is carrying some donna karan. and hsn has much trendier plus stuff than the q.

good luck.

belleandmeSmile

and i cannot imagine who posted the snark response that must have been the first response, but as a woman who is 6 foot, and size 20, find it beyond normal for a woman to post that she needs some cute plus size clothes. i mean honestly there is nothing about the op that was out of line, and if you are lurking here reading, just know that whatever you posted to the negative, was uncalled for and in bad taste.

FOUR BLOOD MOONS~~john hagee

"...There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars...Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25a, 28

star8261316051549.80312382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown
On 9/14/2011 TRUE said:

I don't like Macy's to old lady same with Roaman's and Lane Bryant and cheaply made.

True~ does your Macy's carry the I.N.C. line? What I saw for the Summer IMHO was far from "old lady"... From what another poster stated it might be that the Macy's that you've been to caters to an older clientele with "old lady" taste...

Looks like you've got lots to choose from.

Enjoy shopping

sunshine451316053270.11738233 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

try ullapopken.com..... they have some great items!

they are a site dedicated to size 12 and up.....

http://www.ullapopken.com/

also check out casual living.... many of their items go up to a 3x.

http://www.casuallivingusa.com/index.jsp

Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind. - author unknown

Wadzlla1316054746.3471883 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

http://www.misstina.com/

very nice. stylish, and the price is amazing!!!!

TRUE1316070538.893966 PostsRegistered 8/4/2006
On 9/14/2011 morning lover said:

i am plus size and with all due respect to the OP I can't imagine any plus size woman dressed in tights and a tunic, let alone one in her 60's. I hope you are enjoying your style , but I'll take a pass on that.

Well there are some of us who still look GOOD....even plus. I meant leggings & I will wear a sport coat over or a sweater. There are some of us who still look classy yet hip at this age without "trying" to be young. Believe it or not when some women wear tighter bottoms with a tunic or even a dress over it makes them look thinner.

I am an artistic type so hey I love to be comfy yet classy.....and the town I live in is full of women like me south of San Fran & I still go to concerts to see people my age still performing......you probably wouldn't know them.

For example I have one in every color but green - http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=46849&vid=8&pid=819722 very cute even sexy and wear with loose black pants that tie at the bottom... or leggings either cropped if cooler or ankle.

Thanks all {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Last edited on 9/15/2011

Last edited on 9/15/2011

HiLo1316084582.916197 PostsRegistered 8/28/2007
On 9/14/2011 morning lover said:

Why is this comment necessary? Not every plus sized woman carries her weight in her legs and/or wears tights with a short top. Even if she does, that's her business.

Page 1 of 2