Weekend Preview
142 Members and 10865 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Can you return something here at the Q after the "magic" 30 days?

Started 1310780525.143 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1311014173.44 by KLynn2029

Hi All.

I have a Dooney bag that is just NOT working out for me. it is still brand new as I have only carried it like 3 times.........problem is I have had it for almost 3 months...........(yeah i know ) i stuck it in the closet and forgot about it........now I'm thinknig it should just go back.

Anyone returned something after the 30 days is up? What happened?

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2
JustJazzmom1310780676.1628125 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

Call C/S to give them the order number and item number and let them know you are returning the item after 30 days. Tell them you are aware that the original shipping and handling will not be returned to you-- just the price and tax only will be refunded back to you. Use your own label instead of theirs (more money not refunded back to you if you use their label) and insure and do the delivery confirmation if going to mail back from USPS.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

TrackerGal1310780743.59323626 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007

I have always has items returned to me is it is over the 30 days.

twocent1310781232.65710143 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008

I would certainly call and explain - to see if they will permit you to return it . I don't think your reason will get you far, but it never hurts to ask.

If you send it without calling first, you may just receive it back.

QVC isn't as liberal as Kohls, you know ! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

Sabear1310781356.491739 PostsRegistered 6/6/2007

You could try, but they dont usually accept items after 30 days. As they say, nothing ventured nothing gained,

Luvmycats1310787238.364727 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

Oh my gosh TRackergal, what are you trying to say....It doesn't make sense at all!

Anyway, yes you can return items after 30 days.(I have returned items up to 45 days) You won't get the shipping refunded though- They may not want to accept a product after 3 months however.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1310787450.45314336 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

Well, having something for almost 90 days is a wee bit different than having something for a few days past 30 days. There's always EBay.Wink

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

california­momofthree1310788861.4335468 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

I would call CS as suggested, just to see what's told to you. If they don't want to accept the return, I'd DEFINITELY go the route RedConvertibleGirl suggested: ebay! At least you'd recoup some of your $. Good luck! :-)

dgluvr1310789915.635257 PostsRegistered 5/12/2008

I would call that in the category of a "rental" and I doubt an item like an accessory would be accepted as a return regardless if you pay the postage. They have, however accepted electronic items on occasion if it's not that far past the 30 days. I had a camera that went capute about 45 days after I got it and they accepted it back but really 3 months is asking a lot. What are they going to do with it? Put it in the "as is" category which someone might buy then have to return it because it was used?Just sounds like you decided you want the money back because you had second thoughts. Who buys an expensive purse - uses it and the wants to return it because she forgot she had it? You, I guess.

annabellet­hecat1310790012.0614417 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
I've done it. I buy a whole lot of stuff though.

Kathleen1310820397.28313145 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down

If it's still "brand new" - why not sell it in a consignment shop or on ebay?

happy hous­ewife1310820983.8532014 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

Unless it is actually defective they will not let you return it after 30 days just because you have decided you don't like it.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

SuziQ21310821716.8832529 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008

They always tell you that you can buy for Birthdays and Holidays all year round. If the items don't work out, they are returnable within 30 days of the event. If you are buying gifts for Christmas, you have until Jan 25 or so to get them returned.

Chocolate; It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Brinklii1310825172.96710278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI

Yes, I've done it too, but it was more like 5 weeks. They send me a letter saying that because it was after 30 days, they were just giving me credit on my QVC account...which was fine with me.

A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

happy hous­ewife1310825404.53332014 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

It would seem to me that once used any item should not be returned - weather it is clothing or an accessory. It is now used weather it was once or more - used is used!

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

ford12241310827570.383586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

Believe it or not, I have done it many times. But as another poster said, I am a very high volume QVC buyer and that may be why. Also, I did it several years ago, maybe they are stricter about it now.

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

DebbieDD1310827574.1138109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004
On 7/16/2011 SuziQ2 said:

They always tell you that you can buy for Birthdays and Holidays all year round. If the items don't work out, they are returnable within 30 days of the event. If you are buying gifts for Christmas, you have until Jan 25 or so to get them returned.

That policy applies only during the October - December holiday months. I do not think any of it applies for birthdays or other events the rest of the year??? How in the heck would anyone be able to prove that you purchased it today for an event 2 months from now. In any case, I think the 30 day policy is more than generous (especially since they take back used things). I know it used to be that they refunded the original price paid but not the original shipping if people returned things after the 30 days but have heard that now they are simply returning the product back and will not accept the return, so trackergal is right!

gardensla1310827811.78319446 PostsRegistered 9/7/2006Los Angeles, CA

I have never had a problem with anything at the Q that Customer Service has not bent over backwards to solve.

I would think, unless you do it too often, you would be allowed to return something after 30 days.

Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

stevieb1310835946.79329876 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I have returned items after 30 days but usually for cause. QVC has always been gracious about it, but then the items were the problem. It's always worth a try, but as others have said, I'd call them first and ask. We all do this from time to time, but somehow deciding we didn't like it and forgetting about it doesn't seem like a good reason to make an exception to their policy, but if you're a good customer, they just might do it...

happy hous­ewife1310841920.1632014 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

And people wonder how they manage to gt used merchandise on waitlist etc. This would be a prime example - I honestly can't understand that you all seem to think it is perfectly ok to return used merchandise for a full refund. That is the same as stealing!!!!

DebbieDD1310863999.4038109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004
On 7/16/2011 morning lover said:

And people wonder how they manage to gt used merchandise on waitlist etc. This would be a prime example - I honestly can't understand that you all seem to think it is perfectly ok to return used merchandise for a full refund. That is the same as stealing!!!!

Normally I would agree with you but not in this case. It is not stealing at all if QVC policy and EVERY single host states specifically that you can feel free to use an item for 30 days and return for any reason. Of course if it becomes something someone abuses it should be stopped and I think they accomplish this by sending out those famous letters. Regardless receiving returns is a QVC issue and should not be the blamed on those who return. There is NO excuse for sending out used merchandise to a customer who paid full price for something new.

happy hous­ewife1310916762.7532014 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007
On 7/16/2011 DebbieDD said:
On 7/16/2011 morning lover said:

Normally I would agree with you but not in this case. It is not stealing at all if QVC policy and EVERY single host states specifically that you can feel free to use an item for 30 days and return for any reason. Of course if it becomes something someone abuses it should be stopped and I think they accomplish this by sending out those famous letters. Regardless receiving returns is a QVC issue and should not be the blamed on those who return. There is NO excuse for sending out used merchandise to a customer who paid full price for something new.

What do you think they do with that used merchandise that gets returned -how foolish are you? You certainly can not return to QVC or anywhere else used (tags 0ff) merchandise. So - do you think it is ok to buy a sweater and wear it for a month then return it smelling like your perfume or cigarettes and having your germs all over it? EEEWWWW.They do say you can return it for 30 days - not you can return it USED.

Last edited on 7/17/2011

Last edited on 7/17/2011

Last edited on 7/17/2011

Last edited on 7/17/2011

Finesse1310927229.113169 PostsRegistered 5/21/2007

Firstly, I don't think it is necessary to refer to someone as "Foolish" simply because they have a different perspective on an issue.

Secondly, I think that the Q should be more specific in what they say to customers regarding returns. There are some problems with returns, as I have received used and damaged merchandise. I have also sent an item back because it did not do what they claimed it would do.

I would not wear something for thirty days and then return it, however, the hosts clearly say "feel free to try it for thirty days, if you don't like it...return it...no questions asked." QVC needs to understand, that they are dealing with millions of viewers, therefore thousands and thousands will call their bluff. I am sure there are some people that purchase things with no intention of keeping it, and that is not fair to anyone.

There are also some people that feel completely justified in trying a handbag, pants, shoes for thirty days; then deciding whether or not they will keep it. Although some may think it is wrong, it is my opinion that the Q invites and encourages customers to do this.

I realize that the the initial issue involved a purchase that was made more than thirty days ago. If I purchased an item 45 days ago and it stopped working or a zipper broke on a handbag, I would try to plead my case to customer service. However, it wouldn't take me 30 or 45 days to determine that I don't care for the zipper or size of a handbag. I think one would know that much sooner if not immediately, and thus return it quickly. That's my take on the issue.....enjoy your day.

di-mc1310927801.7577506 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world
On 7/15/2011 Trackergal said:

What?

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Clover291310928128.510642 PostsRegistered 1/19/2008
On 7/17/2011 di-mc said:
On 7/15/2011 Trackergal said:

What?

Why are people having trouble understanding what Trackergal said? She typed two letters incorrectly.

She's saying that she always gets the items returned to her if she returns them past the 30 day cut-off. In other words, QVC does not accept the return, and sends it back to the customer.

I've seen other people say that on these boards, so presumably it is their standard practice.

Boomerjo1310929142.631445 PostsRegistered 11/29/2004Indiana
On 7/15/2011 rowdygirl1 said:

Hi All.

I have a Dooney bag that is just NOT working out for me. it is still brand new as I have only carried it like 3 times.........problem is I have had it for almost 3 months...........(yeah i know ) i stuck it in the closet and forgot about it........now I'm thinknig it should just go back.

Anyone returned something after the 30 days is up? What happened?

Thanks!!

First of all if you carried it 3 times it's not brand new and I'm sure the tags are not still on it. If you have had it over 90 days the way I'm reading the post you must have just run across it and thought why not see if I can get a refund for this bag since I don't like it and never carry it. In my opinion why did it take you 90 days to decide ? I would say they won't take it back because it's useless to them since it's been 90 days. Now people wonder why letters are sent out. I know the host say use something for 30 days and if you don't like it return it and that is misleading if they in turn send out letters for to many returns but come on 90 days.

You may get lucky and get a CS that will let you but if I was a betting lady I would guess no dice on this one. JMO of course. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Page 1 of 2