Contributor
I got the Air 2. Set it up from iCloud account, not as new, so I could just transfer everything. Started to delete things (like bookmarks) from old iPad 4 and it also deletes the item from my new iPad. I want to do a complete wipe of the old one so I can sell it but I'm afraid that I'll wipe out my new one at the same time. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Respected Contributor

You have it set to sync with your other devices. Turn that off. If you are going to sell it, there is no need to delete items one by one. Do a backup then reset it.

Contributor
That's what I figured but how do I turn it off? I couldn't find anything. Feel kind of stupid but appreciate your help.
Frequent Contributor

I am not computer savy so I can't help BUT if you have an Apple Store near you they are very helpful. I lost everything on Facebook once (don't know what I did). My daughter was going to come over that night to help. I couldn't wait, grabbed the ipad and went to the Mall.

Took me longer to walk into the Mall then it did for them to fix it!!

Super Contributor

I recently update my ipad and erased the ipad2 to give to my niece. Went to Apple's site on the web it is very simple:

1. Restore to Factory Settings Without iTunes. It is just as simple to restore your iPad Mini without iTunes. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap on Erase All Content and Settings. ...
Contributor
Thanks. I know how to restore to factory setting. How do I turn off the sync with other devices?
Super Contributor

Once it is restored it won't sync.

Respected Contributor
On 4/1/2015 dbe said: Thanks. I know how to restore to factory setting. How do I turn off the sync with other devices?

Get into settings (the app looks like a gear), select general, scroll to the bottom of the list and find reset.

Valued Contributor
First set your new iPad to not sync with other devices. Look in settings, iCloud