Respected Contributor

I just need a phone to carry with me when I walk my dog. Otherwise, if there's no "emergency", I'll never use it. So, I just need cheap.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: What's the CHEAPEST Phone?

I suggest a prepaid phone if you are someone that does not need a phone often. I have a prepaid smartphone from HTC with verizon I paid $150 which is cheap in the world of cell phones and it is really a darn good phone. I got mine at best buy and saw a motorola smart phone for around $50 prepaid at best buy, you want to be cheap but you also want a phone that will work without frustration

Honored Contributor

I have E226238. It comes with a year of service and breaks down to $7 a month. After a year, you'd have to either buy more airtime or a new phone. I haven't found anything cheaper. I like the phone. I don't need anything fancy. Many complain about tracefone customer service. I haven't had any issues and found them to be nothing, but nice. Setting it up is a breeze providing you follow the directions to the letter. I didn't do that, hence how I got to talk with customer service.
Respected Contributor

I bought a Samsung from Verizon. It's not a smart phone, and it's pay as you go. I pay $100 a year for it. I barely use it at all so I don't need something expensive and fancy. I did like AT&T Go Phone but didn't get good reception at the house.

Honored Contributor

Go to HSN and buy their $79, Tracfone with 1500 free minutes and a year's service. I don't think you'll find cheaper cell service, and it's a good phone. They have several but I like 349-870.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

go to any store and get a 10 dollar tracfone...
Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 rina33 said:

I just need a phone to carry with me when I walk my dog. Otherwise, if there's no "emergency", I'll never use it. So, I just need cheap.

Safelink phone. Roll over minutes & best of all..........

It's free!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 WIlliam Joseph said: go to any store and get a 10 dollar tracfone...
Yes, and spend $99, for less minutes and a year of service. Do you want to spend $79, or $110?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/28/2015 WIlliam Joseph said: go to any store and get a 10 dollar tracfone...

Inexpensive Tracfones can cost a lot of money. The phone can be cheap, but the minutes, and use of minutes can get pricey. http://www.tracfone.com/

http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/ phones

Super Contributor

2 cans and a string