Super Contributor

All you knowledgeable computer whiz people-- can you please teach me how to do a screen shot from a video? I can't figure out how to do this! What am I doing wrong? When I pause the video and click to copy the still, it's not working. Thank you!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

best thing to do, is put your question into your browser and you will get many instructions on how to do this or just go to youtube and ask the same

Trusted Contributor

If you have Windows Vista or later, try using your Snipping Tool. It should be in Accessories.

Honored Contributor

I have Faststone Capture, which is free. It will snap a picture of anything you'd like and then save it as you designate (jpeg, pdf, etc)...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
On 3/27/2015 Caffeina said:

If you have Windows Vista or later, try using your Snipping Tool. It should be in Accessories.

This is a great tool. Most computers have a Print Screen (PrntScrn) button or button combination that takes a screen shot. From there, you can paste it into a program like Paint (also in Accessories in any Windows operating system) and save the file. If you want to share it online, you will need a place to store the file, like Flickr or PhotoBucket.

Super Contributor
You need to use the keyboard keys to do a prmt screen (or copy paste) function. Look on the bottom left of the keyboard for a key that says Fn. Then look for a key at the top,,usually top row on the right - typically one of those keys you've never touched before. Here you will look for a key that says prnt scrn. Now that you found those keys, to do the function - hold both of them down at the same time, as if you would when using a camera to take a picture. Then open a program like,,email or Word, where you can paste. When you paste, you will see the screen shot you just took.
Trusted Contributor

I think the Snipping Tool is the easier choice for OP. She doesn't have to install anything, she can grab just the part of the picture she needs, and can save the picture using the tool without having to open another program.

Esteemed Contributor
Does anyone know if I can use Snipping Tool on the iPad air ...I have used it on my HP laptop and it is a great tool ... if anyone knows please let me know .... THANKS!!
Trusted Contributor
On 3/27/2015 January121 said: Does anyone know if I can use Snipping Tool on the iPad air ...I have used it on my HP laptop and it is a great tool ... if anyone knows please let me know .... THANKS!!

Snipping Tool is part of Windows.

Esteemed Contributor
Caffeina .... THANKS!!