Valued Contributor

Tracfone LG - L41C Texting Question

I am learning, but still a newbie on smartphone, and have studied the manual of the L41C, but can't figure out:

Someone sent me a text message with a photo in it. I got the text, but under the note is a box that says "Download". When I press that, nothing happens. I looked all over (gallery, downloads, whatever) and the photo is not in my phone. We tried another text with photo, and same thing. He sent the text from his Android smartphone, something he does all the time with other people.

I have checked all my settings and don't find anything relative to this issue. Can someone give me some insight?

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG - L41C Texting Question

The company has tech support on their menu when you call, 800/867-7183. Give them a ring and ask.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thanks, but calling Tracfone is the last thing I'd do. I'll spend hours searching the Net for the answer if I have to. Thanks much, though, Kachina624, for taking the time to answer my question.

It seems odd to me that this phone can't receive a text message with photo.

Respected Contributor

Try looking in your apps (bottom row, last button after messaging) and find the app called "file manager" - looks like manila file folders in a holder. Click on that, and in it there are various areas, look in "image" and any downloaded photos from text messages should be there.

Regular Contributor

Do you have your data turned on? You need data (not wifi) to get mms.

If your data is turned on and still a no-go, I'd suggest you go to tracfone forum and post your issue. They are pretty quick and usually can resolve your issue. hth

Honored Contributor

My wife had the same issue and she was using a samsung galaxy cell phone. She ended up downloading an app to be able to activate this feature. Since she decided texting was something he wanted to do more of she decided to go with a $35 a month plan with Sprint that has unlimited texting and that phone came fully activated for showing attach photos to her texts. don't know whether this will help you or not, but this is what my wife ended up doing and the problem she had when she was using tracfone with a different samsung galaxy cell phone.
hckynut(john)
Contributor

Yes, in your settings you need to have "Mobile Data" ON - its a toggle switch.

Respected Contributor

You also need cellular data turned on using an iPhone.
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your replies. I had made certain I had data ""on""' and also checked the file manager. I was hoping some of the other users of this phone receive texted photos and could tell me what to do. I will check other forums for guidance.