Esteemed Contributor

Having problems using my new Google card [for music games in the google store]

Good morning Techies! I am having problems entering in to the play store with my new Google card I brought from Targets yesterday. I want to stop using the credit card for that. Do I need to change my Google account for this? I only brought 20 dollar card to see if this works and it did not. Any idea's? Thanks in advance. Otherwise it works fine.

Super Contributor

Re: Having problems using my new Google card [for music games in the google store]

On 3/18/2015 Matty6 said:

Good morning Techies! I am having problems entering in to the play store with my new Google card I brought from Targets yesterday. I want to stop using the credit card for that. Do I need to change my Google account for this? I only brought 20 dollar card to see if this works and it did not. Any idea's? Thanks in advance. Otherwise it works fine.

Call (855) 836-3987 Google play support team

Respected Contributor

Re: Having problems using my new Google card [for music games in the google store]

What happened when you tried to use it? You have to go to the "redeem" tab - lower left in the google play store and enter the code there.

To remove credit card go to google wallet and payment methods - you can add, edit, or remove credit card.

I hope you still have your receipt for the gift card - I always save mine 'til I know it works - receipt should show a confirmation code.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Frannie said:

What happened when you tried to use it? You have to go to the "redeem" tab - lower left in the google play store and enter the code there.

To remove credit card go to google wallet and payment methods - you can add, edit, or remove credit card.

I hope you still have your receipt for the gift card - I always save mine 'til I know it works - receipt should show a confirmation code.

Nothing really happens... it just says for me to enter in the code again and again. I always save my receipt which is a good thing. Funny that it works with my credit card and not with this wallet card. Thank you for your help, have a nice day!Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/18/2015 kathoderay said:
On 3/18/2015 Matty6 said:

Call (855) 836-3987 Google play support team

Thanks for the number!

Regular Contributor

try entering the code correctly for starters
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/18/2015 WIlliam Joseph said: try entering the code correctly for starters

I did enter in the code correctly! How that for ""starters""

Esteemed Contributor

This is a link with online chat and adding or editing payment https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/105402?hl=en

Regular Contributor

Matty6: Did you first remove your credit card from your account? Maybe clear browser history cookies/cache or try a different browser OR it could be a glitch in their system. Anyway, I had a problem where google said my promotional code expired 11/1/2014 when the expiration date was 12/31/2014, I had to send them a copy of the actual card w/the # and expiration date (25.00 card) or I would've been out of luck. (I think they were surprised that I had the actual card!)

So I would keep the actual card til you depleted all the funds.

I also had/have problem with itunes where I was trying to gift a song to a friend and I still had a balance on my gift card but it kept asking for credit method. Funny thing was I was able to purchase a song for myself, just not gift it. I just ended up putting my credit card info and then the gift went through. I deleted my credit info after the gift. I emailed itunes but they gave me generic answer and it took 2 days and I didn't want to explain it to them again. (I didn't have the itunes card with the codes.)

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Runner26 said:

Matty6: Did you first remove your credit card from your account? Maybe clear browser history cookies/cache or try a different browser OR it could be a glitch in their system. Anyway, I had a problem where google said my promotional code expired 11/1/2014 when the expiration date was 12/31/2014, I had to send them a copy of the actual card w/the # and expiration date (25.00 card) or I would've been out of luck. (I think they were surprised that I had the actual card!)

So I would keep the actual card til you depleted all the funds.

I also had/have problem with itunes where I was trying to gift a song to a friend and I still had a balance on my gift card but it kept asking for credit method. Funny thing was I was able to purchase a song for myself, just not gift it. I just ended up putting my credit card info and then the gift went through. I deleted my credit info after the gift. I emailed itunes but they gave me generic answer and it took 2 days and I didn't want to explain it to them again. (I didn't have the itunes card with the codes.)

Thank you, for all the good information. Even stranger the free apps worked fine ... it was only when I tried the credit card/ google gift card that it kept redirecting me back to the sign in page. It is working fine now .. it was a glitch in there system.