Esteemed Contributor

Last few days I have received three email messages that are obviously from someone I know with a link to buy something (I assume- I don't open them). The messages have one name as the sender but an email address of an unknown person. As a matter of fact I also had my name STOLEN and there was a list (short one) sent out. My name was listed as the sender but the email address was not mine (probably stolen as well.

I changed my password on my email account. But every morning for three days a friend sends me a spoofed email.

I have a Facebook account and I am on a few mailing lists for my "hobby" square dancing. But beyond that, nothing ... no twitter or any other kind of social media.

Information or advice wanted, please.

Respected Contributor

I would forward the e-mails to your ISP fraud department.

Esteemed Contributor

Never thought of that. I will. I just thought I would be a victim until they give up.

thanks

Respected Contributor

You're welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Just called Comcast. I sent them the email. Security software comes with Comcast but I got stuck with a software package a few years that took over my computer. I think I will just use AVG and do full scans.

He mentioned something about keylogger. But I hope my program will check it out. I have a friend who uses ESET (sp). Costs but might be worth it.

I honestly I should go to smoke signals. Everyday is a new adventure. Getting too old for this.