Respected Contributor

I have CCleaner on my regular HP laptop. Can I download CCleaner on my new HP Chromebook?

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Sunshine Kate, a Chromebook is not like a Windows-based PC where you can add software to it.

So, no, you would not be able to add CCleaner to it.

It was made to be "self-contained," so to speak, so that everything that is needed for it, is already in it.

If you want to clean out the temporary files in it for example, you can do it through the Chrome browser settings.

I don't know if you already use Chrome as one of your browsers on your PC, and are already familiar with using it as a browser, but you would go into the Settings feature in Chrome in your Chromebook, and then clear the cookies and the cache through the History settings.

Respected Contributor
On 3/3/2015 northernlights said:

Sunshine Kate, a Chromebook is not like a Windows-based PC where you can add software to it.

So, no, you would not be able to add CCleaner to it.

It was made to be "self-contained," so to speak, so that everything that is needed for it, is already in it.

If you want to clean out the temporary files in it for example, you can do it through the Chrome browser settings.

I don't know if you already use Chrome as one of your browsers on your PC, and are already familiar with using it as a browser, but you would go into the Settings feature in Chrome in your Chromebook, and then clear the cookies and the cache through the History settings.

Thank you so much, northernlights.

Trusted Contributor

You're welcome.