Super Contributor

Any Opinions on the TSV: HP Envy 5660 Wireless Printer?

I need a new printer and have no idea what to get. I first wanted a laser, but they are pretty expensive (unless someone knows one that isn't).

Is this printer a good buy? Is Wireless hard to connect to the wi-fi? I can't believe the cost of ink!

I did notice this same machine is at Amazon for $74, but no free shipping, so I guess that helps here.

I would appreciate any expert technology guru advice!

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Any Opinions on the TSV: HP Envy 5660 Wireless Printer?

Uhhh..... on QVC it's 99.96. Amazon it's 74.00 plus 13.67 for shipping... so you'd rather spend more to get free shipping when on Amazon even with the shipping it costs 12.29 less? Where's the logic here?
Frequent Contributor

30 day returns?
Honored Contributor

Staples has a Brother laser printer on sale for $69.99 that I've seen recommended elsewhere. Free shipping for Rewards members.

Brother HLL-2320D laser printer

Super Contributor

Actually I would not choose that printer at all as there are better models in the marketplace.

What do you want to use your printer for as I have several including a Brother and IBM Laser for documents and an Epson, Canon, and HP for color and faxing.

Valued Contributor

I was always a fan of HP printers until my last one. It was a piece of junk. I bought an inexpensive Epson - and can replace individual ink cartridges as they deplete. I only print occasionally, and the HP got all clogged up. What a disaster.

Valued Contributor

There are 170+ reviews on Amazon with 4+ stars, so since I am need of a new printer, I am considering it. I find it is easier to return on QVC than on Amazon and also check out if the Amazon retailer is charging a restocking fee. Probably the best place to buy is a store close to home so you can just get in your car and return.

I have had great luck with HP printers. The one I have now is still chugging on after 8 years but it is large and bulky and we need a smaller profile that can sit anywhere in our home.

I am going to watch a presentation and will probably purchase

Respected Contributor

I like HP Printers. I think HP has great customer service, too. I have the Envy 4500 that I bought at Walmart for $90. The wireless is very easy to set up & I love that part. I have my laptop upstairs, but printer is downstairs with the PC. I do wish that I had stepped up a bit in quality/price. I don't love the way this one prints pictures. They are okay, but the HP printer that I replaced was better for that. The ink cartridges are reasonable. I always get my at Staples when I have a 20% off & then I recycle the cartridges there. The give $2-4 per cartridge, depending on any specials they are running. Maybe other office stores do the same. I would shop around & see if you can get the printer locally for a similar price, in case you have an problems & need to return. But, the Q price is decent with the extras. It would just be expensive to ship it back, if you needed to for some reason.

Respected Contributor

I got a Canon laser printer / copier / scanner at Walmart for ~$80.

Contributor

I have this printer and love it. I've had no problems with it at all. I love HP printers to print wirelessly with. I print mostly from my iPad or my iPhone and this printer has not failed me yet. I paid more than this at Best Buy several months ago. If I didn't already have this printer I would buy this from QVC today. I like their return policy and they make it so easy. Never had a problem with them.