Frequent Contributor

Anyone had experience with IncrediMail email program?

I've used IncrediMail as my email program for probably 15+ years. But their tech support stinks! I've been having multiple downloads of the same emails coming in over and over again for quite s home time. When I call tech support, I get someone in another country who I'd difficult to understand and all the want to do is a remote access. I wasn't born yesterday,so when they do a remote access, they just use their own little scam program showing all the things wrong with my computer, viruses, etc.- totally unrelated to my issue about the emails. They insist that I allow them to "fix" all my computer's issues first before addressing the reason for my call. Oh, BTW there will be a charge of several hundred dollars to fix things! I told the man that I was on to their scam, as I had called in the past and received the same story. I finally hung up in disgust. Just wanted to tip anyone off who hasn't had any experience with them. Any good email program recommendations?
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone had experience with IncrediMail email program?

So sorry you had to experience that dishonesty and scamming.

I used to love incredimail until their overseas scamming began.

Below are 11 free email windows programs minus incredimail.

Top 11 Free Email Programs for Windows

http://email.about.com/od/windowsemailclients/tp/free_email_prog.htm

I hope you find a free email based program to your liking and needs.

Also I prefer to use my own computer to fix issues and have learned a lot.

I do not trust just anyone to come in except for Microsoft Reps and Apple Mac reps, and I always initiate those calls.

Too many true stories of places overseas who place malicious software/trojans/viruses, etc., into your computer intentionally then demand hundred of dollars to remove them.

Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

I sounds like the mail problem is their fault, not your computer. As posted, there are so many other e-mail programs available, you can switch. It can be a hassle to set up a new program but, I would if this problem bugged me too much.

Occasional Contributor

I've used incrediMail for 15 plus years also . A couple weeks ago I too was receiving about 50 copies of each email. I had over 60 emails in my in box. My computer was getting fixed so I was using my old XP computer. As soon as I got my Windows 7 computer back the multiple copies of emails stopped, coincidence or not? I've never really had any problems with incredimail, but when I did i always emailed tech support and their responses were alwys helful and solved the problem. I still use incredimail.....

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions. I have Windows 7 and have for the last 6 years. This last time when I emailed them, I was told to "delete all my email accounts" and when I stupidly did, I wasn't able to add them back and lost all my contacts. I did a system restore to get them back. Grrrr!