Not applicable

In Process for an order that was supposed to be overnighted?

I placed an order for an xbox one for my son who's birthday is the 28th, I ordered it on the 24th and paid for the extra for shipping to have it here today on the 26th, yet when I check the status it still says the order is being processed, is this normal?
Frequent Contributor

Re: In Process for an order that was supposed to be overnighted?

Actually and unfortunately yes. When you pay for overnight shipping you are paying for overnight from the day the processing is finished, not the day it was ordered.

But I thought UPS premium - red - was same day shipping as in it will ship the same day you order if ordered before noon with 3 days to arrive, not overnight shipping. When I ordered on there wasn't a specific overnight option.

Honored Contributor

QVC will tell you it means "overnighted from the time it leaves their distrbutor". I been this route with then over 2nd Day Air. Ordered on a Tuesday and figured it would arrive on Thursday! WRONG!!! Didn't even come Friday and I received it on Monday, dang near a week after I ordered it. Called and complained/got a refund on my extra shipping charge, but?? Looks like obviously they have not changed their ways. I have not bought a single item from them after that deceptive way of playing a word game with this customer. My suggestion? In the future look for "next day delivery", there is no way to disguise what that actually means.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Electronic items are often shipped directly from the vendor so QVC has no control over when it actually leaves. If you want something fast, order from Amazon.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered something 2/25 from QVC with 2-day shipping (UPS red), as I need it today. Up until just a few minutes ago it was "in process" but it has just been updated to "shipped" and is out for delivery today. I've had the same thing happen with other on-line vendors - apparently sometimes the process happens faster than the updates occur. I'm just happy to be getting it in two days.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I NEVER pay extra for shipping. It gets here when it gets here. I just try to think ahead.

Valued Contributor

QVC needs to try harder to improve shipping. They aren't keeping up with Amazon. I only order from Q if I can't find it on Amazon, or, if there's a possibility I might return an item. They still reign supreme in the returns department, but, they don't come close to Amazon's shipping efficiency. I'll order from Amazon every time because of their 2-day free shipping (for Prime members). QVC should copy the Prime membership model - I would join immediately in order to receive orders in two days! I ordered a simple jar of face cream from Q in mid-February, and still haven't received it as of today. So annoying. Conversely, I ordered a replacement Vitamix 64oz container from Amazon and it arrived in a day and a half, and shipping was FREE.

Honored Contributor

I had the same experience as the others. Many years ago I paid extra for overnight, for something I purchased here. Sure, once they finally SHIP it, it goes by overnight but it still took a few days in processing.

I don't know if they still do it with high-ticket jewelry, as they sell 99% costume jewelry now, but they used to automatically send anything really high-ticket by two-day air (UPS). It was exciting to know that you would get something that you paid so much for, so quickly. But, alas, it was the same deal - a few days in processing THEN it went by two-day air.

I think where they fail with this, aside from just the basic problem of being so slow with processing, is that they weren't clear that even though you paid a lot more for faster 'shipping' you didn't get faster processing. One would assume that the item would go out within a day and the rest is obvious. But one cannot assume that with tv shopping, unfortunately.

Regular Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Beauty Maven said:

QVC needs to try harder to improve shipping. They aren't keeping up with Amazon. I only order from Q if I can't find it on Amazon, or, if there's a possibility I might return an item. They still reign supreme in the returns department, but, they don't come close to Amazon's shipping efficiency. I'll order from Amazon every time because of their 2-day free shipping (for Prime members). QVC should copy the Prime membership model - I would join immediately in order to receive orders in two days! I ordered a simple jar of face cream from Q in mid-February, and still haven't received it as of today. So annoying. Conversely, I ordered a replacement Vitamix 64oz container from Amazon and it arrived in a day and a half, and shipping was FREE.

If QVC adopted Amazon's model, they would be bankrupt and filing chapter 7 tomorrow. You do realize that Amazon has a distribution center basically everywhere right? I live in NJ and I've ordered stuff Sunday mornings and somehow it arrives the next day with regular shipping. Also Amazon has so much money they can afford to take risks like the Fire Phone and the drone thing, and if they crash, they don't get hurt. They sell their Tablets at below their cost because they make it up with the Prime ecosystem. What ecosystem does QVC have to make the margins back? QVC does what every major retailer does, they fill a truck, and that truck doesn't leave until it cannot be filled anymore. Amazon also has automated warehouses where robots bring the products to the packing department. QVC has people in warehouses picking things by hand. Granted, not all of Amazon's are automated, but the majority are. I don't know QVC's numbers, but I bet they are nowhere in the ballpark of Amazon's. Over a year ago Amazon took 426 orders per second during XMAS, QVC only had a little over 600,000 in sales and that was 2006. You do the math. 426 per second at 86400 seconds in a day...yeah QVC doesn't come close.