Super Contributor

Videos have stopped playing on my facebook account and I can't figure out why. I have not changed anything.

After my problem started ...

1) A friend was over and as a test we had her login to her facebook account using my PC. Videos played with no issues.

2) When I was at said friend's house, I logged into my facebook account on her PC and videos would not play.

It is not a PC issue as other people can play facebook videos logging into their accounts on my PC.

It is only on facebook as I can play videos every where else.

It is a Windows XP ... running latest software using Mozilla Firefox.

Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

When you say videos won't play, do you mean they do not auto-play or they do not play at all? Are you seeing anything? Does the area turn black, give you a message, etc?

Trusted Contributor

Go to Facebook Help Center at https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question

and type: Why won't my videos play?

into: How can we help?

where you can browse through the questions/answers.

I hope this helps.

Super Contributor

So ... I see the arrow. If I click it I see 3 blue boxes that just spin.

I have read the help section without finding any solution.

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 free-spirit said:

So ... I see the arrow. If I click it I see 3 blue boxes that just spin.

I have read the help section without finding any solution.

free-spirit, Just on first glance at your descriptions, it does seem it would have to be specific to the settings on your account.

Does it happen with all videos?

Have you tried going into Facebook's Settings, then choosing Videos, and toggling the "Video Default Quality" or "Auto-Play Videos" settings to see if that changes anything?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

dooBdoo ... thanks tried that. did not fix anything.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not crazy about Facebook's Help Center, so I often just google my question and 9 times out of 10 I find solutions there.

Just type in something like "videos won't play on facebook", and you'll probably get some answers there.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

dooBdoo ... thanks tried that. did not fix anything.

Hmm. So it's all the videos or just some of them?

And you see 3 spinning blue boxes inside the rectangle where the video would be?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

dooBdoo ... all the video on my account is effected. The arrow that appears to start the video when clicked turns into the 3 spinning boxes.

Honored Contributor

dooBdoo ... all the video on my account is effected. The arrow that appears to start the video when clicked turns into the 3 spinning boxes.

Thanks.

What's making this really puzzling is the fact that another person's Facebook account works fine on your computer. And you tried your account on someone else's computer, and still your Facebook account videos wouldn't play.

When we try searches, we're going to keep seeing the usual suggestions to update Adobe Flash Player, or update other software on the computer. It's hard to explain that the problem "travels" with your account no matter which computer you use.

I think you have a unique situation which is hard to find in all the questions/answers on the internet.

Have you considered submitting a report of the problem to Facebook and then asking the question in the Facebook Help Community?

If you describe it with the details of the steps you've tried and if you'll add a screen shot of what you see when you try to play a video, you might get some good answers.

Perhaps someone here will have other ideas. I'm perplexed at the moment.