Respected Contributor

Tracfone LG41c Battery Life losing 15% / 48 hours

i have had this tracfone for about four months. careful to not leave charged into AC unless needed.

battery life seems to be draining quickly. to test, i charged my fone, removed from AC and in the past two days i noticed 15% drop in battery life.

i have NO apps. Made NO calls, texts, Wifi OFF, Data OFF. My batt records showed 0 usage during the time period.

last night i powered off and removed the batt for a couple minutes. then lightly dusted the phone inside and replaced batt, powered up. 80% power.

so plugged in again last night, recharged, removed from AC. this AM (about 12 hour so far ) maintained at 100%.

So, curious if it could have been the dreaded battery "memory" and when i removed the batt, this fixed it?

thanks for reading :-) appreciate and thoughts!

Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG41c Battery Life losing 15% / 48 hours

The battery on a phone will go down even when not using it. I don't think 15% in two days is bad at all. I'm not familiar with your phone. If it is a smart phone, they take more battery juice than the dumbphones.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/23/2015 mima said:

The battery on a phone will go down even when not using it. I don't think 15% in two days is bad at all. I'm not familiar with your phone. If it is a smart phone, they take more battery juice than the dumbphones.

I agree. I have this phone and that sounds about right. I let it get down fairly low before I recharge. It charges pretty fast. I thought they fixed that battery memory problem a long time ago{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

Battery memory? What is this 1995? Batteries don't have memories anymore. 15% in 48 hours for a SmartPhone? Consider yourself lucky. Your "SMARTPHONE" is being used even when you aren't using it. There are processes running in the background, your phone is constantly looking for signal..etc. This has got to be the dumbest complaint I've ever seen. I can understand if you were worried about 15 % in a half hour, but two days? C'mon. When you removed the battery and replaced it, the phone re calibrated the battery. If it's a new phone it takes almost 50 charges for the phone to properly calibrate. Why do you even have an android phone if you don't have apps or wifi or any of that, but then again, I'm asking someone who thinks 15%loss in two days is bad...

Respected Contributor

There are apps running in the background that you don't use all the time. They can run the battery down. I force stop the ones I don't need as they will run again when I open them. You have to be careful Not To Stop the main applications that run your system though. Also be sure to delete old emails and texts you no longer need to clear space out on your phone also.The battery will run down some when not in use. I have had no problem with mine running down more that 10-15%. I have really enjoyed mine.i would Google to see what apps are safe to stop from running so you don't mess up your phone. I don't think posters need to be nasty when someone needs help as we all need help sooner or later. Just my opinion.
Respected Contributor

On 2/23/2015 MKR NY said: There are apps running in the background that you don't use all the time. They can run the battery down. I force stop the ones I don't need as they will run again when I open them. You have to be careful Not To Stop the main applications that run your system though. Also be sure to delete old emails and texts you no longer need to clear space out on your phone also.The battery will run down some when not in use. I have had no problem with mine running down more that 10-15%. I have really enjoyed mine.i would Google to see what apps are safe to stop from running so you don't mess up your phone. I don't think posters need to be nasty when someone needs help as we all need help sooner or later. Just my opinion.

Thank you.

I think powering off and removing the battery helped. I don't have apps.

Respected Contributor

I just want to add i came here for help not to be mocked and laughed at.

Yes i did purchase this LG smart phone from QVC. i wanted to see if anyone else shared the same experience.

Yes i do have Wifi it is not turned on when i am at home!! nor do i have data enabled.

i was testing the battery life and YES i have had battery problems in the past. i had a blackberry and did not allow the battery to discharge, i plugged it in every nite. not a good thing to do.

I will really need to reconsider any future purchases from QVC because i do not need to be mocked or laughed at by posters like William Joseph. My reply to him or her was removed yet his snarky comment is allowed to stand.

QVC: consider your TQM Total Quality Management and CRM CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT practices

Respected Contributor

He may have mocked you but, in some ways he was right. A 15% drop in battery percentage over a 2 day period is nothing to worry about. Smart phones use more battery power even on standby than non smart phones.

Respected Contributor

On 2/23/2015 ashleigh dupray said:

Yes i did purchase this LG smart phone from QVC. i wanted to see if anyone else shared the same experience.

Yes i do have Wifi it is not turned on when i am at home!! nor do i have data enabled.

i was testing the battery life and YES i have had battery problems in the past. i had a blackberry and did not allow the battery to discharge, i plugged it in every nite. not a good thing to do.

I will really need to reconsider any future purchases from QVC because i do not need to be mocked or laughed at by posters like William Joseph. My reply to him or her was removed yet his snarky comment is allowed to stand.

QVC: consider your TQM Total Quality Management and CRM CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT practices

ashleigh, the mockery and laughing at you from WJ are typical of him. I have seen it again and again. Over the past year I have come to the conclusion that he thinks all women are dumb. I try my best to ignore him.

Honored Contributor

On 2/23/2015 ashleigh dupray said:

Ashleigh - as another poster said, ignore WJ. Literally! You can simply click on the "ignore user" button in the bottom left-hand corner of his post and his post won't be displayed. He is simply being sarcastic and a know-it-all as usual. (It's not QVC's fault - they can't help it, if some posters are obnoxious jerks.)

I have this phone and have a number of apps on it, plus I always leave the Wi-Fi and data on. It does lose some power, but I only have to charge it every few days and I've found it to operate well even at a low percentage. I think it's a great phone and you'll get used to everything it can do. Hope you love it as well! Smile