Super Contributor

Stop calling 'photographs' pictures.

Don't YOU know the difference?

Respected Contributor

""Picture"" is a synonym of ""photograph"".Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

""A photo is a picture taken with a camera. A picture is any visual representation of a subject.""

Respected Contributor
On 2/22/2015 radimage said:

"A photo is a picture taken with a camera. A picture is any visual representation of a subject."

Exactly, a picture is ANY visual representation INCLUDING on created with a CAMERA.

Geesh. What some people won't do to try and make themselves look smart. You blew it and probably don't even realize it!

Super Contributor
On 2/22/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

"A photo is a picture taken with a camera. A picture is any visual representation of a subject."

Exactly, a picture is ANY visual representation INCLUDING on created with a CAMERA.

Geesh. What some people won't do to try and make themselves look smart. You blew it and probably don't even realize it!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I've always heard professional photographers use the the words interchangeably. I'll side with with a few of the experts on this one (just a few of the quotes I saw in a quick search):

“Yes, I sold buttons to earn living. But I took pictures to keep on living. Pictures are my life – as necessary as eating or breathing.” – Alfred Eisenstaedt

"If you get the feel of photography, you can take fifteen pictures while one of your opponents is trying out his exposure meter.” – Alfred Eisenstaedt

“What I am interested in now is the landscape. Pictures without people. I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually there are no people in my pictures. It is so emotional.” – Annie Leibovitz

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor
On 2/22/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

Spoken like someone that doesn't think photography is important. Geeesh.

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

Can I throw "image" in the ring?

All these words mean the same thing....much akin to Doctor/Physician, Lawyer/Attorney. It's not Rocket Science/Missile Physics (hee!)

Esteemed Contributor

She might be saying picture instead of photograph because the people she's wants to buy her product are not professionals but average folk who take ""pictures.""