Super Contributor
My charging cord bit the dust. I have had computer since 2012. The cord was 75.00!!!!!! Good grief!
Valued Contributor

Using my Mac Book Air to post this! I do love it. My company laptop, not an Apple product, has replacement cords/charger for $130. Yikes.

Honored Contributor

I have a Mac Book air..using it now, mine is 3 years old and I purchased a new power cord last year....i really dislike the design of the cord but love my Mac Book Air

Honored Contributor

Guess what....when I brought my pommie puppy home he chewed up three of the cords....$300!!! We STILL love him dearly.

Super Contributor

Well, sort of need the power cord, LOL. I am posting this from my Macbook Air 2012, still on original cord. Cant stand the cord design. Constantly unplugs itself whenever I get up or down from the chair or sofa. The design is this way to keep the cord from pulling at the socket. I guess I'd rather have need to replace the cord, than the cost for repairing the socket.

Now that you have power back, enjoy!

Contributor

The Macbook power cord is a bit annoying because of the way it constantly unplugs, however, it is supposed to be safer because of that feature so I just live with it. I have a 2012 Macbook Pro and the power cord died on it after a year, which was was maddening because it does cost $75! However, since then I have been using the older version of the same plug from my old 2007 Macbook. I try not to think about it too much or it will make me crazy...

Honored Contributor

I'm on my 11" MacAir right now and I agree that the plug is very annoying. I still have my original charger so had no idea how much a replacement one is.

While I love my Mac Air which is from 2012, I also don't like that a full charge only lasts about three hours. From what I read the new model lasts 9 hours on a charge!

Super Contributor

most of time my cord is damaged.