Respected Contributor

LG Ultimate 2 (LG 41C) smartphone TSV Help

My new phone is great and I love it. I have no problem with it.

My friend had a defective first one and had a new one sent to her. She has been on with Tracfone several times for an hour or two with the second one and it is not activated yet. She called again last night and was assured it will work this time. Keep calling it every 1/2 hour was what she was told. I gave her a few hints in an email this morning and told her the other Tracfone has to be deactivated for this one to work and check that again. This phone is Verizon and maybe the tower isn't strong enough near her so I told her to bring it down to me as I live in the city and her in the country. I am good at problem solving electronics and my friend is not by any means but that many calls to Tracfone it should be solved. I told her to turn the Wi-Fi and data on until it activates and then she should be able to turn them off.

The problem was almost fixed on the first phone except there is no way she can get her minutes etc to know what she has. Even going on Tracfones site they never showed up. I downloaded the Tracfone App My Account (as the My Account Downloader that came on the phone NEVER worked. I think I will delete that app as it is useless) and just a click Tracfone App My Account and it shows all my time left and date it expired.

Any hints besides sending it back? Her daughter even called Tracfone to set this newest one up a few days ago and I know that part was correct.

Respected Contributor

Re: LG Ultimate 2 (LG 41C) smartphone TSV Help

THE ANSWER- Tracfone NEVER activated her phone number when it transferred and it got deleted some how from their system. My friend has been on to Tracfone for a total of 15 hours between both new phones trying to get them working. I told her to write a letter to QVC and Tracfone so someone else doesn't have to go through this. Also the Rep. that got it fixed had her put in *228 and not the *22890 I did as stated on the red paper with the serial number had on it we received.

I am so glad mine worked but I did have to call Tracfone twice before it got activated. I have never had to d that before either. Needless to say neither my friend or I will be upgrading to a new phone for a while. She even had to get a new number to even get it to work.

Not applicable

I need help qvc
Respected Contributor

What do you need help with?

Respected Contributor

Here is the forum that Debij was looking for when she posted a review for this Tracfone. If you have questions we have had ours long enough now to try and help.

There is a Tracfone tutorial for the Ultimate 2 LG41C Tracfone if you just do a Google search. There have many that had trouble setting it up when the other Tracfones never did. I know I called Tracfone twice before mine ever got activated and I nevere had before. I had no problem getting the PIN# for the minutes but I did getting them activated. I had tried doing it online and it wouldn't do it. I set mine up as one of the first to receive them and still had a problem. So glad I did as this is the best Tracfone I have had yet!

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLGL41C&locale=en_US