Trusted Contributor

I am new to an android phone and am having a difficult time with this phone. I am about ready to throw it under the bus. (Just kidding, but I am thoroughly frustrated.)

How can you get a user manual for this phone so I can educate myself on how to use it?

Thank you for assistance.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

This is better than the manual. It's a step by step tutorial to using the phone. If there's anything you can't do after playing with the tutorial, then pop back in and let me know what it is and I'll try to help you out.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?locale=en_US&deviceId=1415&cid=141786

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor
I agree with gardenman. This is excellent. It walks you through and makes it easy to understand. Once you learn to use this phone it is fun. I posted a couple hints under TSV Talk also.
Valued Contributor
Right there on the tracfone page with the tutorial, bottom left, see "User Guide". That is the 100+ page manual. I find the tutorial helpful to get started, but it does not cover lots of info. you find in the manual/guide.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for your replies. I like jGalt, find I need a little more information than the tutorials cover.

jGalt: I went to that page but did not see "User Guide". I see a list of Available Tutorials, "Most Seen Tutorials" as the last entry in a box outlined in a green line. Then to the right of that is the front and back view of the phone. I have tried to reduce the size to 25% to see if it shows up that way, no such luck, and then I have also tried to mini-minimize (where it makes the screen about half the size) and do not see it then, either.

I looked at the bottom left corner of the screen and it doesn't show. Have any suggestions?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Well, I finally was able to get to the User's Guide. I had previously downloaded the tutorial page from somewhere else and it didn't offer the user guide. So I finally thought about going back and copying and pasting gardenman's link. When I did that the same screen as the one I had came up but this one also had at the bottom "Documents"/"User Guide". I wonder why would have one and one would not. But, that is just the way things go for me sometimes.

Thanks, everyone for all your assistance.

New Contributor

Does anyone know how to block an unwanted caller's phone number on the LGL41C (I think it's the ""Ulimate""? I can't find any instructions on the tutorial list on tracfonedeviceanywhere. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I have the LG L39C (the Optimus Dynamic 2) and I don't think you can block a phone number, unfortunately. I downloaded an app called Mr. Number and any spam phone call I get is marked as spam in the app and if they call again it's sent to voicemail. You can also choose to hang up instead of sending the call to voicemail.

I don't think I've had any repeat spam calls, so I can't exactly tell how well the app works. I very rarely get a spam call on this cell phone because I've had my number for over 10 years and don't give it out liberally. I have a secondary Tracfone (aka The Batphone) that I've had for a year and it gets a lot more spam calls. It's not an Android based smartphone, so I cannot download the Mr. Number app on it. I keep it on silent all the time. I give the number to people who I don't want to have my "real" number.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I'll check out that app!

does anyone know how to delete the data history from the lgl41c phone