Valued Contributor

Question about downloading movies- to watch when I cannot get on line.

I bought a movie at amazon.com but it is not in my computer. It is in my movie library at amazon.com! I bought another movie at Google and it is in my movies at Google. I hadn't thought about it until my internet company went off line last week and I couldn't watch my movies. I want to know where I can buy movies to download to my computer and watch when my internet company is off line.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about downloading movies- to watch when I cannot get on line.

If you bought the movie on Amazon you should be able to download it. If you bring up the movie on a Kindle device there is an option to download. If you are on your PC bring up the movie in your browser and you will see a link for download licenses.

Valued Contributor

I checked this on my PC but could find no link for download licenses. I am going to try on my Kindle Fire but I really want my movie on my PC.

Trusted Contributor

If you bought it on Amazon, go to My Account, Digital Content. Click on Your Video Library. Click on the video you want and there should be a "Download" Option.. You can also, just sign into your account, search for the title you bought, click on it and Download. The Download option should be in small blue letters under the "Watch" option on the right.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Not applicable

When you go to Amazon click on your account at the top of page and choose my video library. You should see all of your movies and when you click on one it gives you the option to download it.

Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone! I found it with your help!

Super Contributor

Be careful with available space on your device or computer when you decide you want to download these movies. Video takes up space, and once you download it, it lives in whatever folder you put in on your computer. Depending on how much GB hard drive you have, just a few movies downloaded will max you out. Also....your electronics run much better when you have a good ratio of available space on the hard drive. The closer you get to filling up, the slower the computer can become. This is one reason why cloud services, or sites like Amazon and Google, where you found your movies you purchased, are so popular. You can store your things there, to save space on your electronics, then access them when needed from any place you have access to wifi. But...to,your point, if you have no access to wifi at the time you want to access that item, then that site is not very helpful. You'll have to find a delicate balance for what works for you, between downloading things to your hard drive so you can access anytime, and keeping things on a site in the cloud so you reserve space on your electronics.
Valued Contributor

Thank you Lynnj. You make a good point. We had been having a lot of down time from our internet provider. I think next time I'll just watch something I have on a DVD. It doesn't make sense to use all that space on my computer.