Esteemed Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Straight Talk, Net 10, Possible Refund

It is really important that everyone check into this as the companies (part of Tracfone) may owe you money. This shows how Tracfone really rips off its customers....sad...

Honored Contributor

TY, TY - I had no idea Net 10 was any part of Tracfone. I never had such horrid service as I had from Net 10 and now am so glad I never tried Tracfone itself. Doesn't even matter to me that maybe they're better than their subsidiaries - if they're all one overall company, they can't have me.

I did use Tracfone in a way though. Last time they had their TSV, I walked into my local Verizon showroom and told the sales rep about the TSV and asked why I wouldn't want to buy that and leave Verizon. He took a look at my plan, and although I'd been told I was on a special promotion and there was nothing cheaper - he found a way to say me 25 a month!

Still not as cheap as Ttracfone, but I could stills witch any time because I didn't have to sign up for a new contract to get the new rate. I'm just month to month with my old phone for now and that's just fine with me. It's not the best smart phone but it's paid for and it works!

Respected Contributor

Op, thanks for the info. I went to file a claim and they want to know aprox. when we started with Straighttalk. DH and I have both had it for a few years. I have no idea even what year we started with ST. I doubt DH will remember either. So I left the claim site for now. I don't know what date to put.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/29/2015 mima said:

Op, thanks for the info. I went to file a claim and they want to know aprox. when we started with Straighttalk. DH and I have both had it for a few years. I have no idea even what year we started with ST. I doubt DH will remember either. So I left the claim site for now. I don't know what date to put.

How did you pay for your first cellphone with Straight Talk? How do you pay for service with a CC?

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 nutmeg3 said:
On 1/29/2015 mima said:

How did you pay for your first cellphone with Straight Talk? How do you pay for service with a CC?

I don't even remember if I bought my first phone at Walmart or from ST. At first we bought monthly cards at WM. Later we had our service put on automatic pay with our cc. I think I'll get on the ST site and see if I can see a starting date somewhere.

Thanks for the ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope the refund is good.