Esteemed Contributor

Chrome Question --- Desktop Icons

Hoping someone has had the experience to help me! I like my websites icons to be on my desktop as in QVC front and center. When I go to a website and then drag the address to the desktop the icon changes to a earth- like circle instead of retaining the original look. When I used to use Internet Explorer the drag to the desktop address used to remain the actual icon as created by the site. Example QVC would come up as a big Q. Now everything is identical driving me a bit crazy. I have to reinvent the look by hunting for something similar and then making exchanges. My aol is now a flower.

Any help would be appreciated. Do I have to go back to IE and abandon the Chrome?

Respected Contributor

Re: Chrome Question --- Desktop Icons

In Chrome's Tools menu, there is an option for a bookmark bar, listed under bookmarks. This bar is not placed on your desktop, but is at the top of your Chrome homepage and every other website you visit. You can add any shortcut you want to it and the original icon will be visible. HTH

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Thats a good thing to know thanks. I guess I wanted the icon on my desktop as before and this will be another way to recognize the icon.

Trusted Contributor

Should I buy a Chromebook? Do you have a touchscreen?
Esteemed Contributor

No touchscreen. PC about 5 years old. Thinking about making a change. But no reason to at this exact moment. So many new things out there... so many choices.

Trusted Contributor

Truly! Chromebooks are intriguing, but I will wait until best buy has a "good" discount on Toshiba.