Honored Contributor

Whenever I go to the internet on our windows 8 computer it does not go to the homepage but instead opens to the last page I was on. I looked and looked for where to change this setting so it will open on the homepage every time but can't find it. Help.

Trusted Contributor

It's tied to the browser, not Windows 8. There is a place to chose this in the settings for whichever browser you are using. Which browser are you using?

Honored Contributor

Internet explorer.

Honored Contributor

Up on the top, where it says 'tools'. Click on that and you'll get a pull-down. Choose 'internet options'. Right there on the 'general' tab you'll see 'home page' and where you can input the url of your home page. Then just click on 'apply' (at the bottom) and 'ok'. That should do it. Smiley Happy

ETA- if you don't see 'tools' and all that up there at the left/top, right-click on the top of the screen and make sure that 'menu bar' is checked. Then start from there.

Respected Contributor
On 1/19/2015 chickenbutt said:

Up on the top, where it says 'tools'. Click on that and you'll get a pull-down. Choose 'internet options'. Right there on the 'general' tab you'll see 'home page' and where you can input the url of your home page. Then just click on 'apply' (at the bottom) and 'ok'. That should do it. Smiley Happy

ETA- if you don't see 'tools' and all that up there at the left/top, right-click on the top of the screen and make sure that 'menu bar' is checked. Then start from there.

Well, this is the right start, but as you've already set your homepage (based on what you posted), you need to look down to the next box below where you set the homepage (on the same general tab though). There you need to mark to open to home page, vs open to last tab open.

Honored Contributor

Oh sorry. I didn't see the other thread where the OP mentioned having set the home page there. please ignore Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It could also depend on whether you are coming back in from sleep, hibernate, or true off.

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 Still Raining said:

It could also depend on whether you are coming back in from sleep, hibernate, or true off.

Always from true off because I rarely use this computer. It is DH's baby. I only use it when I want to print something or if a site is too big for my chromebook.