Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to do this after getting a message a few times that there is an update available. I went to setting, update software, continue... All I get is the spinning wheel despite telling it to go.. Any advice? TIA. LM

Super Contributor

Re: Updating Apple tv Software

Sometimes it does take a while. But maybe check what kind of connection speeds you are getting from your router/modem. The spinning is the connecting, so maybe wireless signal not strong enough to make the connection quicker. Try to reset the modem too. Unplug, wait 30 sec, plug back in. Wait for all the lights to get working again. Then try doing the updates again. Keep in mind too, that there may be a few updates. Pending how long since you did the last. And that could also be what is causing the spinning. How long have you waited when you see the spinning?
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lynnj. Thanks for the feedback. I will try your suggestions. It has been awhile since I have updated so it could be a big update. LM

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Lilysmom said:

Hi Lynnj. Thanks for the feedback. I will try your suggestions. It has been awhile since I have updated so it could be a big update. LM

It seems like it takes forever when updating Apple TV. I have a fast connection and it still takes awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi glb613. I haven't updated yet. I guess when I do I'll leave it for an hour or so. Never had this issue before. I have a good connection as well. What was your experience vis a vis length of time to update? I'll probably start it when I do my cleaning this week. Thanks for the feedback. LM

Respected Contributor

Once the spinning circle stops, it doesn't take long.

Esteemed Contributor

I ran the update no problem in the middle of the day today. Took about 15 minutes. Last attempt was on the weekend. Maybe there's too much activity to get a fast download then? Anyway, works fine. Thanks for the help. LM