Respected Contributor
I got my Kindle Fire HDX 7" tablet today. Nice screen,fast and easy set-up. I charged it up and will play with it tomorrow. I went online and was amazed at the helpful sites I found to help you get started. The best one I found is www.lovemyfire.com as it will tell you almost everything you are looking for. Explore all aspects of it as it is amazing and started by a lady like us that loves her Kindle Fire tablet. I emailed myself each page I was on I wanted for quick reference and also signed up for a free newsletter. I spent an hour on it and didn't touch the surface of knowledge on it. I hope you check it out. I bought my Kindle Fire HDX on EBay from an awesome seller. It was brand new as she got herself and her husband one but he wanted an iPad mini. She made sure it was unregistered from her account and it registered to my account without a problem. It is 64gb and AT&T 4 G also. I am not going to do the 4G but have it as an option later. The special ads don't bother me at all. I will add a Square Trade Warranty for two years. I ordered a nice case/stand also.
Respected Contributor

Case and stand is important--I have an Origami stand case and I love it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out!

Respected Contributor
Go under Site Map on www.lovemyfire.com site as it lists a lot of what you need.
Regular Contributor
Site looks great. Bookmarked it and will delve into it later. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Another great site for Kindle. Fire is. www.TheEbookreader.com and go under How To Guides as there are Hints and Tips there also. Hope you enjoy this site also. i have a lot of reading to do tomorrow. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
I have to say that the new 7"" Kindle Fire HDX is a great tablet. I have all kinds of room with the 64GB space. I downloaded the App Task Killer and it is easy to click on to keep unwanted apps from running. I haven't found any app that wasn't available that I was looking for. It opens and closes smoothly. I found a nice case that has a stand built in on EBay that was made for this model. The only negative regarding my decision is I wished I had gotten the 8.9"" Kindle Fire HDX. I may invest in the larger one later on but for now I will enjoy this one. I put the Square Trade 2 year warranty on it as if I pass it on to one of my grandchildren it will be covered. Square Trade is excellent and it was under $25.00 for the two years. I am an Apple user and I was pleased at what the Kindle can do.
Trusted Contributor
On 1/15/2015 Campion said:

Case and stand is important--I have an Origami stand case and I love it.

I agree a case is a must----but----I have the 8.9 and the origami magnet woud not hold my kindle even though it was recommended. It kept falling out.

Some knowledgeable person had the same problem and suggested the Fintie case sold by Amazon $15. Bought it and it is great---no problem---comfortable and does the job. Plus it comes in some great colors.

Check it out.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I need to check out that site.