New Contributor

Tracfone LG Optimus Dynamic II

Where/how do I see/know I have a voice mail message. Not sure where to locate/start.

And, can I transfer music from my IPOD or PC to this phone? Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone LG Optimus Dynamic II

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 nutmeg3 said:

Here is information about this Tracfone. http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLGL39C&locale=en_US

A Tracfone review blog. http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/

Thank you nutmeg3 for the link! I have the same phone for a few months and am embarressed to admit I have a lot to learn about it!

Trusted Contributor

On your home page where the phone, message, etc are located at the bottom, there will be a number kind of half on/half off the phone icon. I have noted that just phone calls alone (with no message) will not reflect a number so it relates only to voice messages.

You can always press the number 1 for a few seconds and once you enter your password, the system will tell you how many messages you have.

I am assuming you have it set up. I found out, by accident actually, that the system will start accepting messages even before you may have set up your voice mail. When I finally set mine up, I already had 4 messages left in the previous 2 weeks. That is unusual fo a cell or land phone to accept messages before the system has been personalized but this new LG seems to do so.

FYI - although I had 4 messages, they did not show up on my phone icon until I set my voice mail up so I didn't know there were any. Hence, even if your phone is accepting voice messages, you won't see any that might exist until you go in and set the voice mail up.

It is simple to do, btw, just create your own 4 digit number password when instructed and follow any other prompts and you are done. Easiest voice mail system I have ever set up. I believe the intro password (before you choose your own) is 1-2-3-4 - the instructions are in that little pamphlet book that came with the phone. I choose the standard greeting and did not personalize. I just prefer that standard greeting these days and it seems many others do too.

Super Contributor

You'll see a cassette tape icon in the notifications area at the top of the screen. I had to set up voicemail again going from non- to android so you may too. And if you save minutes by checking on a landline you have to press # instead of * to do that.

Here's an online manual you can d/l. Check page 20 info about notifications and all the icons:

http://www.qvc.com/footers/el/pdf/E225843_UserGuide.pdf

I easily transferred mp3s, but Apple can be restrictive.

Trusted Contributor

I remembered that if you press 1 for a few seconds, it will immediately open your voice mail and all you then have to do is follow the prompts. That is basically what the little booklet tells you to do.

I really did find this the simplest voice mail ever to activate - just press 1.

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2015 wackers said:

I remembered that if you press 1 for a few seconds, it will immediately open your voice mail and all you then have to do is follow the prompts. That is basically what the little booklet tells you to do.

I really did find this the simplest voice mail ever to activate - just press 1.

ITA!!